Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by demkr
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Activity now gone too. PQM still missing from PMUA here
Jan activity gone missing now. Just saved my Feb history. PQM and segments still missing/wrong.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Far From Home
As others have noted - all PMUA PQM have disappeared, all PMCO PQM remain, and total PQS figure is correct, along with flights from 3/1 starting to appear.

But...if you go to "My Account" and then select from the "MileagePlus History" dropdown, the monthly totals are correct. These can be saved as PDFs. Never hurts to have extra backups (am saving these, plus paper printouts of boarding passes, plus all ticket purchase receipts...ugh).
Take a good look at that PDF you get from the "Save as PDF" option - I get a wonderful... login page, in pdf. The printer option does work. For Feb 2012, you need to pick "Closing Statement" from the statement selection dropdown box.

Originally Posted by Shounak
Still missing, but I'm less worried about it now that its a widespread problem.

More worried about the LH flights from CCU FRA JFK (3/1) that only show roughly 4000 miles accrual for RDM and PQM. Only one other person seems to share this problem with me. Less than 50% accrual!

Anyone else notice this? Is this an integration snafu?
I have flt activity with LX and LH showing correctly for flights taken on 2/25 through 2/29, correct distances. I am waiting for LH and LX flights taken on 3/1 to show up, will check if distances are ok or not.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 6, 2012 at 6:00 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by Zouf
Take a good look at that PDF you get from the "Save as PDF" option - I get a wonderful... login page, in pdf. The printer option does work. For Feb 2012, you need to pick "Closing Statement" from the statement selection dropdown box.
Yeah the PDF didn't save properly on my tablet. Took screencaps instead. Jan account history just came back again, so saved that too, while I still can.

I have flt activity with LX and LH showing correctly for flights taken on 2/25 through 2/29, correct distances. I am waiting for LH and LX flights taken on 3/1 to show up, will check if distances are ok or not.
Thanks. Hope this is just an error on their side.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 6, 2012 at 6:01 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:41 pm

Good call...thanks for the catch about PDFs. ^
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
My mileage and PQM/PQS (all from PMUA) are still correct, but my entire account history and profile settings just disappeared. They were there an hour ago.
Me too.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I flew on 3/2 and now that's the only PQM showing for the year (was previously correct before those flights posted). The PQS are correct, but I suddenly have only ~1500 PQM. Should have ~15,000.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:53 pm

Another data point: lost all my pre-integration PQMs on 3/5, though they were there on 3/4, and I also was downgraded to Silver status from Gold, though I was Gold on 3/4. My pre-integration UA flights posted on 3/5, but I only got 25% award bonus (Silver), instead of 100% bonus (PMUA Premier Exec). Also, they posted with the reduced mileage (1839 for SFO-ORD).

Concerned because I'm flying Fri 3/9. I'm assuming upgrades are a lost cause, but I wonder if I'm going to have any problems with my E+ exit row seat assignments now that I'm suddenly Silver? Sigh...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:55 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I just did mobile check-in for my flights tomorrow. Several times there were "Server error occurred. Please try again." messages. I do not trust that it will be reliably up tomorrow so I also printed off hard copy BPs.

Because the 24 hour window has passed for the first segment some pax are transferred to the upgrade list and some cleared. As reported earlier CPUs are not automatically clearing and I called to get the second segment cleared 2 days ago. I am showing as the only one cleared in the F cabin. I expect a lot to show on the upgrade list at it's 24 hour window.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, EL Al ???, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
AFAIK this hasn't worked in a very long time (pre merger). I tried it last in October and it did not work. I got the same log in error then.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:04 pm

Two data points.

1) I received an elite upgrade notification today (for ORD-LAX on Thursday); the email said "You've been upgraded from Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare) to Los Angeles, CA (LAX) on Thu., Mar. 8, 2012. Your new seat is XX" where XX was my old coach seat. Had to go to the website to select a new seat. If the system doesn't assign a new seat, the email should probably direct the recipient to go online to pick a seat, rather than having a glitchy sentence that still mentions the old seat.

2) I posted a several days ago about an Aeroplan business-class award ticket on UA metal where a couple of the segments are showing in coach rather than business now. That still hasn't rectified itself.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by njcommodore
Right, but think about how big the government contract is and also figure in companies that negotiate contract rates that book into Y. It's not just gov't travelers who can jump the queue.
Agreed, but I was just responding to qukslvr619's contention that this is not like TODs, where a GM paying very little is upgraded ahead of even a 1K on a much higher fare. I don't begrudge UA from giving deep discounts of 70% or 80% off full Y to the government or a huge corporate customer, but it's not right to also give them top priority on upgrades ahead of those individuals who have been led to believe are important to UA. The automatic upgrades should exclude private fares or at least give them a priority more reflective of the passenger's own status or fare paid.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
Just checked the "HUB" and in the left hand box united is now saying the integration is COMPLETE! I would say far from it - outstanding issues for me include:

1 - Missing Regional Upgrades or whatever the new acronym is (I am down to 2 from 6!)

2 - Many reservations that still have the Ticket "Sync" contact reservations issue

3 - Unable to dial 1K due to ZIP CODE as only validation and the system not recognizing international postal codes (Massive issue - this is my connection to the united I want to deal with and you have knocked it out)

4 - Unable to book Star Alliance segments when they are not immediately preceded/followed by a UA segment on the same day. Again - these are most of my flights.

5 - Inability for Star segments to book into anything other than Y!

and this is on top of all of the others who are indicating incorrect EQM balances/Mileage Balances/Status/EUA processing/etc.

UA - I would not be publishing THE INTEGRATION IS COMPLETE in bold letters - if you think this is complete - I don't know what you are smoking.

Shannon - this is in no way against you - as I believe you are doing an outstanding job managing all of these issues that have come up. That being said, the frustration meter is escalating each and every day. We do have other options, and I have always been hesitant due to Annie in SYD and OK upgrade chances on higher fare classes. If that changes, there is no longer a reason to fly UA's sub optimal Y product. Virgin already comped me to Platinum and I had an outstanding experience with them back in December. If these pieces can't be fixed, I will unfortunately be on my way to the competition. That being said, I am confident the UA team will quickly find a way to solve the problems and return sanity to operations.

You have impacted your best customers the most -- that needs to be highlighted to Jeff - as your bread and butter are the ones being played with here!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

1K desk unable to help me on the 65K+ PQM that were removed from my acxount yesterday AFTER migration b/c "MileagePlus is closed"- no solution, escalating issues....
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
You have impacted your best customers the most -- that needs to be highlighted to Jeff - as your bread and butter are the ones being played with here!
+1

Though I doubt SMI/J is going to care until it actually shows up in lost revenue (when it's beyond the point of being rectifiable). They're the best in the business after all. A lot of cognitive dissonance to admit you've totally botched something as important as your elite status program / reservations system switch-over.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium

Why on earth is MileagePlus support "closed" according
To 1K? With escalating problems they just decided they didn't want to hear it from the customers? Outrageous.

Stop lying
To our faces and telling us this is going well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.