Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by edcho
No -- you can only purchase at the door for $50 now. This is why I purchased a few before 3/3. .
OK, Thank you
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Just a reminder that all of UA Insider's responses have been posted in this thread, as well:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...read-only.html
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cardinal98
Feature Request: After a caller has listened to the United hold messaging at least 5 loops, allow them to press * and enjoy the Gershwin in peace.

This will result in more calm customers once, after an hour or so, they reach the poor CSR.
I heard two new versions of this yesterday when on hold w/MP - 1) same script with a female voice (much more palatable), and 2) a sped-up version of Mr. CO man (even more annoying than before). Bizarre.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
PS flights now upgradeable online!

Had sent a note to UA Insider yesterday, and she responded overnight - verified this morning that ual.com will now accept RPU upgrade requests for PS flights ^

I imagine this may have affected the BF-equipped Hawaii flights too, maybe someone can report back on that.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by JCM9608
I got the genuine feel from the post, but in any case, there's now a banner at the top of the page when you log into your account that states if you have lower status than what was originally displayed at the end of last year, that it is incorrect, etc., and that it will be fixed soon.

Here's a screen shot: http://awesomescreenshot.com/07214xm9d
Doesn't actually state that your status may have been unintentionally downgraded; it states that if you were going down in status between 2011 and 2012 (presumably for real, not because of a glitch), then your old status may remain (incorrectly) for a while. What many of us are seeing is different - we are being dropped status, even if all confirmations of status attainment were there. I received (in Jan) a 1K card, but somehow all my Jan + Feb boarding passes stated Premier Exec, not 1K; my December flights showed 1K... So it seems this "downgrade" bug has been in the system for a while, unless I'm mistaken.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by kmkks
I received a GS package the other week - this week on the site it says I am premier platinum and my miles are gone. I'm missing out on several upgrades this week as well. Can't get through to anyone on the GS line and no responses to emails. I've pretty much had it.
A similar problem here. I made GS for 2012 and received my GS package last week. For the first few days, my account displayed "GS" even after March 3 but now it shows "Premier Platinum". My miles carried over, however.

Last edited by tgycagel; Mar 7, 2012 at 6:59 am
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:06 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Seat map occupied seats different from reservation to that on a dummy booking

I have an itinerary with one segment waitlisted* and when I look at the seat map it shows 1 seat assigned in first and 1 seat assigned in business but when I did a dummy booking so I could click to see R availability**, the same flight shows 1 seat assigned in F but 7 seats assigned in C

*This itinerary did have the red "a modification has been made....please call" message which has since been removed but it still lists the waitlisted segment with a red "this flight is waitlisted" and I can see a full separate seat map on the waitlisted segment in addition to my two confirmed segments so for my education, is the way should show?

**no worries on the waitlist as it shows R0 & RN0

Also, when calling the 1k line from my cell, it still does not recognize the number as it did pre-3/3 tho it does recognize my home phone where it did not pre-3/3. I have successfully changed my cell to my primary number in my profile but it is still a no go

Last edited by goalie; Mar 7, 2012 at 7:12 am
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
I have an itinerary with one segment waitlisted* and when I look at the seat map it shows 1 seat assigned in first and 1 seat assigned in business but when I did a dummy booking so I could click to see R availability**, the same flight shows 1 seat assigned in F but 7 seats assigned in C
Is this on a PS 757? With row 2 incorrectly classified as an exit row on some non-PS 757s, I have noticed the entire row shows up as blocked in a dummy booking, but there are seats available in the the itinerary seat map. The same thing may be happening with the PS C exit rows 5 & 9 and would account for the 6 seat difference.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
*This itinerary did have the red "a modification has been made....please call" message which has since been removed but it still lists the waitlisted segment with a red "this flight is waitlisted" and I can see a full separate seat map on the waitlisted segment in addition to my two confirmed segments so for my education, is the way should show?
Yes, this is typical on the CO site even before the merger. It's actually a nice feature as it makes it easier to monitor how your target cabin may be filling up

Also, when calling the 1k line from my cell, it still does not recognize the number as it did pre-3/3 tho it does recognize my home phone where it did not pre-3/3. I have successfully changed my cell to my primary number in my profile but it is still a no go
Yesterday, I punched in my MP/OP number and they recognized me just fine. This was calling the old UA 1k number.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Gold charged for luggage on US Monday, March 5

My UA Gold husband flew US on Monday. His new MP# was in his reservation, but the kiosk requested $ for baggage. He spoke to a US agent who used the MP# to try to validate his *Gold status. The agent was unable to verify his status, and he had to pay for his bag. His new MP card has not yet arrived, so he could not use it in the situation.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Gold, Avis First, Various hotel elites
Weeks before I'll be able to log in

Flying today. Actually was able to check in which was in doubt over the past five days.

No PIN, no credentials as a 1K MM received yet, no ability to use the site. I've been on the phone for over six hours with MP service desk and they have no clue how to get my account activated. They can see me on one system, not the other. Had the help desk and their trainer on it. They say I'm not alone and just be patient and keep calling back every week and reiterating the problem. Every rep has kicked the can down the road.

BP today shows me as a Plat, not 1K. The YTD mileage transferred (according to MP desk which can see it) is off by at least 10K. It looks like many, many more hours and wrangling before I'll be able to make the jump and recover miles. While all the people on the phone are apologetic and have obviously had training on how to utter niceties but no results.

Consequently, no further business to UA as long as I can't even get on the system. Is this a replay of the Summer from Hell when I last left the company for a decade?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:25 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by bdeardorff
Is this on a PS 757? With row 2 incorrectly classified as an exit row on some non-PS 757s, I have noticed the entire row shows up as blocked in a dummy booking, but there are seats available in the the itinerary seat map. The same thing may be happening with the PS C exit rows 5 & 9 and would account for the 6 seat difference.
Yes this is a PS flight and the exit rows are correctly listed but what you describe is in fact happening as 5A&B and 9A,B,C&D all show as unavailable when clicking on the "view seats" link in the list of flights but if I click thru the screens on the way to purchasing, the seat map shows as it does on my itinerary with only one seat assigned

Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Yes, this is typical on the CO site even before the merger. It's actually a nice feature as it makes it easier to monitor how your target cabin may be filling up

Yesterday, I punched in my MP/OP number and they recognized me just fine. This was calling the old UA 1k number.
Thanks ^ but as to calling the 1k line (and I have always called the "old 1000" 1k number), I never had to enter my MP# as it would ask "is this goalie". Now when I call the same number from my cell I have to punch in my new MP number but if I call from my home phone, I don't have to as i am recognized by the phone number
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by redwoman
It's hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or sincere. I'm going with sarcastic, as things are really a mess right now with transferring everyone's miles. Some will find my lack of faith disturbing, i know. Yet I can't have faith given the mess that has unfolded. I cannot believe how badly this was screwed up. I really can't. At my job, I would have been fired if I had utterly failed like this and teed off so many people.

Magically between March 4 and March 6 I was downgraded from 1K to Plat, AND when my March 3 flight posted, because of the sudden (and wrong) status downgrade I only received the 75% RDM bonus for being Plat, not the 100% I really should have received for being 1K. i'M SURE that when the rest of the segments from my trip post, they will be short by 25% in RDMs as well and they'll have to get fixed too.

It clearly shows that I had over 100,000 EQMs transferred from PMUA (I never had an OP account) on Dec 31,2011, yet I'm Plat? And, the 2011 mileage Plus activity from airlines is a big fat 0? After all the communications emails i got in February telling me that my status for 2012 would be Premier 1K? Seriously?

I had 49,560 EQMs (PQMs now, I guess) on March 4 and 18 PQSs; now on March 6 I have 0 EQMs and due to one segment of my March 3 flight crediting, 19.5 PQSs but still 0 PQMs. At least I got my 1.5 PQS.

I really don't have faith that 1) my 1K status will be restored, 2) my extra 25% RDMs for my flight will show up, and 3) my 49,560 PQMs that I magically lost sometime between march 4 and march 6 will all come back in less than 48 hours.

I happen to know GolfingBoy personally, and will tell you he is an incredibly nice person. He is rational, logical, calm and, in my opinion, would not be sarcastic in this thread, given what everyone is going through.

So, I would ask you nicely to please don't take his post as sarcastic. I'm sure he was being quite genuine in trying to allay your fears.

Originally Posted by randyqx
change that 24 hours to two or three weeks, and i will put USD100 on the table.

[ not addressed to you personally ]

anyone who has not done a large scale computer system conversion has no idea of the complexity of what they are trying to do and should consider not whining.

i am a paying customer and i am quite happy that they seem to prioritize getting us pax on our flights and getting us to our destinations over seeing all the self-important people get their entitlements and some numbers on a frelling web page.

get a grip!

^ my husband is currently managing a massive system integration for a large brokerage firm in NYC. It is a NIGHTMARE trying to make sure all the financial data, etc. is going to be integrated without problems. His team has been working on getting this ready for almost 2 years now.

It is not a simple process, and there are bound to be bugs and issues. But, as he told me, just have patience, things will be fixed, it just takes time.

Originally Posted by UA Insider
......... UA Insider’s answer is, “simply not enough hours in the day.”

Shannon

Shannon, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of pressure you guys are under at the moment.

I imagine you've had very littel sleep in the last few days!

So, just know that the majority of us in the FF world know and understand that you are doing your very best to help us regain equilibrium in our FF accounts, and we are enormously grateful for your attention to our needs.

Take a breath! Make sure you eat and sleep! And remember to ask yourself two questions when really under fire:

(a) is the world going to end
and
(b) is anyone going to die.

If the answer to both of these questions is "NO", then you can rest easy knowing that you are doing your very best, and things will work out in the end!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 7, 2012 at 1:52 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Had sent a note to UA Insider yesterday, and she responded overnight - verified this morning that ual.com will now accept RPU upgrade requests for PS flights ^

I imagine this may have affected the BF-equipped Hawaii flights too, maybe someone can report back on that.
Now if only they could give me my RPUs back that they double-deducted. That glitch has cost them 2 LAX>JFK bookings already. I'll have two more for April to be booked in the next week or two. I'm not counting on being on p.s. for those either.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Using PM-UA MP# and OnePass Number

Shannon: Would love to hear if on partner flights if their system doesn't accept the UA new MP# can we still reference the old MP number and expect credit? Also if the partner carrier still shows CO can we post to the OP/New United # and expect credit for that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.