Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by Vulcan
How about extending everybody's status 1 month into 2013, so that status will expire 2/23/13. It seems like the least they can do for their status passengers who aparently are going to not get promoted benefits for a good part of March 2012.
What good is that going to do when the benefits are worthless and the GMs are getting ahead in everything?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
757s with Swapped Economy Plus

Deleted, seat map correct.

Last edited by musing; Mar 7, 2012 at 4:42 pm
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Hi Shannon,

Here is another item that I'd like to see fixed--there is a problem in booking YCA fares. My office hasn't had to book one yet, so the problem may be resolved upon booking, but if you search for a gov't fare, in all instances it seems, the first segment will show up in Y, the proper booking class, but the second and subsequent segments will show up in YN, an award class.

Thanks for looking into this.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by blueman2
Minor bug in web site: GPUs are showing up as 5 on the main page, but when I click on it, it shows the correct 7 I actually have. just a minor issue.
Just noticed on the GPU issue that now when I hover, the total is now ALSO incorrect and matches what is on the page... Maybe getting worse on the way to getting better?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Boarding Group

Originally Posted by exerda
Do you have the UA or CO credit card? The issue seems to be that the BP priority for credit card holders (5) is overriding everything else.
I just flew on March 4 and have several segments and only the outbound segments in United First reflecting boarding group 5. The rest of the segments and inbound all reflects boarding group 1. I am a 1K and a Presidential Plus CC holder.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat
Me too - downgraded to PremPlat from 1K and all my PQM disappeared. Hopefully it'll be sorted out in 3-5 days or so...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Originally Posted by goalie
My cell and it is listed as my primary number (and was under my PMUA MP profile as well). Still
I realize ... I figure this is going to be low on the list right now. I'm not going to stress over this particular issue.

If I were in their shoes top priorities right now would be

1) making sure reservations are behaving (duplications, seat assignments and other oddities on direct flights, inability to synch etc etc) because this affects us all directly as to getting on a plane
2) proper recognition of flyer credentials - GS and 1K not being properly accounted for is grim
3) proper crediting of miles and eqm - who would want to go and have to figure it out and clean it up after the fact???
4) what's going on with the upgrade systems - pissing too many people off

That's going to keep them all busy for a while. I've found three issues that are pretty minor so far:

- the award activity is being sorted by month instead of year/month, meaning 12/11 activity shows up before 3/12
- every time I am logging in now my username is cleared out and I am asked to re-enter it; it started last night, so clearly some new code was pushed into the system to fix something and it broke this
- multiple destination itins are having a hard time picking up *A inventory, and even UA codeshare inventory, when the itin contains a city pair that is not served by any UA flight. Example, if I do SFO-LHR, then two days later LHR-PRG, say, the LHR-PRG options are sparse indeed, a couple of choices, both UA codeshares, neither of them with LH. This is something I do very frequently, and there should be loads of LH flights through FRA and MUC. Already reported I believe. I am not checking for UA only flights of course.

Each of these is a little more inconvenient than the previous one, but none are deal breakers. I am pretty sure folks in UA understand how critical it is that they address the major issues, and many of the smaller ones too, given how this reflects on the company as a whole.

The only thing I would say is that when you make decisions on technology that are not driven by the relative quality of the technology itself, nor by the relative impact of the decision, you will deflate your tech team at best (and, at worst, the better folks will leave). I'm not saying other reasons for making these decisions aren't valid, but you will pay a price for it; seen it many times. I hope it's been accounted for, and we don't find ourselves in a scenario of "things worse than expected" and the company finding itself in an unexpected hole as a result.
Um, with all due respect...No kidding . I have many other more important issues which I am delaing with and resolving (in priority order) with one of my UA contacts off line.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Minor bug (don't know if it's integration related or if PMCO's website had this problem, too):
  1. I have multiple existing reservations. I want to check on the availability of upgrades on each of them.
  2. I click on "View Seats" for the first reservation and click a F seat to see what's offered (buy-up and confirmable space if possible)
  3. I then want to check on the second itinerary, so I click the Reservations menu, then View/Change Existing Reservations, and pick the second itinerary.
  4. When I click on a F seat on the second reservation to see what offers there are, it takes me back to the offers for the first reservation.

The site also seems to make Premier Accelerater offers for different itineraries than the one currently being viewed in a similar fashion, though I can't replicate that as reliably as I can the upgrade bug.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
UA Insider - I'm hoping you can clarify this further. I have two "TAK TH (TKT)" reservations that show up on the homepage of united.com. However, neither of them show up in my Current, Past or Cancelled reservations list when I look at my account details.
-RM
Interesting. I have pretty much the same thing. One odd reservation to TAK TH (TKT) that doesn't actually link to any flights and can't be cancelled

Like everything else with the website I'm going to give this a few more days to be resolved.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Just noticed on the GPU issue that now when I hover, the total is now ALSO incorrect and matches what is on the page... Maybe getting worse on the way to getting better?
Yes, for me the RPU and GPU totals are wrong, but the RPU hover-over information is correct and the GPU hover-over information is wrong. (The GPU hover-over breakdown was correct for a day).

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Interesting. I have pretty much the same thing. One odd reservation to TAK TH (TKT) that doesn't actually link to any flights and can't be cancelled

Like everything else with the website I'm going to give this a few more days to be resolved.
I think UA Insider explained this one in a earlier post - it has something to do with a misparsing of TKT (short for ticket).

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 7, 2012 at 5:56 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by goalie
*This itinerary did have the red "a modification has been made....please call" message which has since been removed but it still lists the waitlisted segment with a red "this flight is waitlisted" and I can see a full separate seat map on the waitlisted segment in addition to my two confirmed segments so for my education, is the way should show?(
Mine were removed sometime last night too. Actually, 2 rt's were what I assume were normal WL as in "This Flight is Waitlisted" that cleared over night and 1 more with the "a modification..." that went to "This flight is waitlisted". Quite happy I didn't have to call in as one of these flights is this weekend. Also looks like IM added some inventory last night too. So far so good for me with the system merger

Oh, wanted to add too that I got an email that said:

UA870 12:48 p.m.
Sat., Mar. 00, 2012
San Francisco, CA (SFO) 9:29 p.m.
Sat., Mar. 00, 2012
New York, NY (JFK) Boeing 757-200

Fare Class:
First (R)

Meals:None Flight Time:

I got quite excited that perhaps I got a double upgrade but I was only able to select Business class seat.

Last edited by zoegksf; Mar 7, 2012 at 2:08 pm Reason: more info
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shyraddish
I logged in to change my reservation (which doesn't work on the new site) and noticed that I've been downgraded to Premier Platinum from 1K. I called them and they said there's a system glitch. Is anyone experiencing this problem? I converted to the new Mileage Plus # and this problem started!
You are not alone. Ms BH has the same experience; 2012 MP "kit" arrived sometime over the weekend & correctly included 1K card/etc, which is her earned status from 2011 travel. However, the website (& an upcoming itinerary) show her as Premier Platinum. And I am still waiting for the "kit" but the website correctly shows me as 1K. Wonder what my kit will be?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: Flying Club - Virgin
Originally Posted by halls120
It's good to see you still have a sense of humor!
+1 Keep up the good work Shannon
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:01 pm

Not sure if this has been covered already in this thread or other, but I am still showing as Premier Gold even though I am Premier Silver this year. Wasn't the 2011 status supposed to revert to 2012 status after 3/2? I need to purchase some tickets to Hawaii and it is letting me select E+ at booking with no extra charge. I plan on finalizing my travel plans this evening, but wonder what will happen to my tickets once the system downgrades me to Silver. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 2 Million Miler, UA 1K, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Goofy Flight Info

This is occurring on both the website and the iPhone application. I'm sitting in JAX waiting for my flight to IAD on Wednesday 7 March 2012. The flight number is 3728. I go to check the status of the flight and the website indicates that for today, the flight has already arrived and in fact was 2 hours and 3 minutes early. That is mighty impressive, as the flight hasn't even left yet (it is currently 1700 and the flight leaves at 1925).

This is on a CR7, one of the famed Frankenflights, so there is no telling what is going on, all I know is that my upgrade cleared.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.