Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:47 pm

I had an itinerary for tomorrow that was mixed metal; UA, connecting to CO, with a US leg on Monday, and 2 UA legs on Weds. Got the "a change has been made to your itinerary". Called this afternoon -- was bracing for disaster. Took about 10 mins for someone on the old UA 1P line. The agent was great, re-synced, was cheerful and knew what he was doing. Unfortunately no upgrades though.

Subsequently, OLCI worked great.

4 itins moved, all moved intact with seat assignments.

RDM's did not transfer initially - but have now arrived.

Mrs. BDL Flyer's miles and itineraries, as well as assorted kids and parents all moved perfectly; none of these had a onepass account. Do still need to figure out PINs for all those accounts....

All in, seems to have gone about as well as could be expected....
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Plus
Just returned from HNL-ORD-DCA (started trip on 3/1 and landed on 3/2)... overall no hitches.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler , Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum and various hotel programs
Originally Posted by mbeck69
Are there any people who *haven't* lost intl seat assignments for PMUA travel?
Yes, my intl. flights on UA are showing correct seat assignments. (LAX-ORD-MUC, LAX-IAD-FRA and MUC-IAD-LAX). However, an LH award flight (MRS-MUC-LAX) is no longer showing seats previously assigned.

However, my upcoming domestic flight on CO metal (LAX-EWR-LAX) is not showing seats previously assigned at time of booking on united.com.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
UA Insider: Shannon: Had a 9000 mile /appreciation offer I took one week ago for dead IFE TPE-NRT last week. It said it would post within a few days.

Does the integration team have a way to still ensure ones that were submitted WILL still post? If not once the /appreciation link comes back online can they at least ensure that they dump pending ones they are not posting so we can resubmit?

Originally Posted by dpdapper
Yes, my intl. flights on UA are showing correct seat assignments. (LAX-ORD-MUC, LAX-IAD-FRA and MUC-IAD-LAX). However, an LH award flight (MRS-MUC-LAX) is no longer showing seats previously assigned.

However, my upcoming domestic flight on CO metal (LAX-EWR-LAX) is not showing seats previously assigned at time of booking on united.com.
On LH flights on UA's system you could see LH's seat assignments in their system, on CO's (now new United's) you could not. I would highly suggest you use the LH locator (call LH if you need to get it and give them your flight #, data and pax info): http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/My-Bookings (Use Single Booking option). This always works on UA or CO issued tickets where there is an LH segment; but you MUST know the LH locator (normally on the old United.com if you printed the res it will be on the top of the res info)

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 4, 2012 at 2:42 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:02 pm

Question to everyone here. I had a OnePass and a United miles account. I have transferred and played around with the miles before, but I don't think I officially "linked" them.

Now I tried logging on to two separate accounts and they aren't consolidated. I have a credit card with United and plenty of miles in Continental. Are they going to fix this for me or do I have to call the CSR?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
UAInsider stated in post one that the error message "A modification has been made to your itinerary..." is based on upgraded tickets. However, I am seeing is for a straight award ticket booked in F. Not sure if it has been posted already and more an FYI to UA to look at it as well.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
They seem to work for me. PMUA Domestic eCerts even work for international flights! :P
No way. Wait until the payment page.

Try that.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Back to PIT "only" an hour behind schedule from HNL via SFO and ORD. Perhaps I was a bit lucky because HNL-SFO was pre-conversion and I didn't have to wait in long lines (kiosk at SFO was able to print new boarding passes with the new PNR; CC+first three letters of the destination didn't work), but to me the conversion was overall smooth^.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Overall, my transition went very well. Big thumbs-up to the IT team for getting at least some of the integration correct, and commiserations to those travelers who are having difficulties.

Originally Posted by FromPVG
...A minor issue was found in my profile, my language preference was changed to Spanish after integration. It was set to English in both of my PMCO and PMUA profiles.
This one was the only hiccup I experienced with my profile data. However, I corrected it with a couple clicks, and the saved information stuck.

Mileage totals appear to be correct.

Originally Posted by mbeck69
...I lost my plum seat assignments for the intl legs of PMUA flights starting 3/13. Domestic legs are fine. My previous seat assignments for the intl legs are showing as taken, and the only remaining seats are the center business seats (renovated 777). I'm really really hoping that those previous seats are still mine, and the reservation just isn't linked correctly, but postings here from other people who have called into UA aren't encouraging.

Are there any people who *haven't* lost intl seat assignments for PMUA travel? Is there any pattern to this? My fares were class D for the intl legs, class A for the domestic legs, flying out 3/13 and returning 3/18. Thanks!
I lucked out and didn't have any of my seat assignments jettisoned (or is ejected?). I'm a 2P that booked before conversion, and snagged window E+ seats for an international itinerary.

I've been tracking the seat map for the past week or so and have seen all of E+ fill up on all legs of my 5-flight itinerary. When I logged in this morning, I was surprised to see half of the E+ cabin empty (and previously-occupied premium cabins suddenly open up to near-vacancy). However, the problem seems to be localized to PMUA metal. I'm aboard some PMCO metal (ex-Continental Micronesia planes, I think), and those seat assignments stuck, with no noticeable changes in seat availability.

It appears that if I attempt to change my seat within the E+ cabin, it wants to assess me a fee, despite being in the cabin already. I called (and it recognized me and my phone) to see if the UA robot could switch my seats within the cabin, but then it put me in a queue to speak to a customer service representative.

Selecting other menu options also seemed to lump people into the queue, so this could explain the long times -- people attempting to do previously-automated tasks have to talk to a person to do so? Or the system where you tell information to the UA Robot, which passes the information to the human agent, is broken?

Some very odd behavior in the system seems to be bumping people out of their seats. With such a complex system of records, it could be any number of reasons that I can't even begin to fathom.

Originally Posted by travelcarr
Seems wrong that the new United doesn't honor prior seat assignments in economy plus. Talked to reservations today and they told me that unless you are gold then they will move your seat assignments out of the Econ + area.
Doesn't seem right to me....
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Whow... I seem to have lost my seat assignment for a SYD-LAX leg... and now the seat I had is showing as taken!

I am silver, I thought we would keep E+ for existing reservations?
Yeah, Silvers keep their E+. UA Insider / Shannon said:

Originally Posted by TomKozski
With new benefits beginning March 2, I would like to ask for advice.

Unfortunately after being a 1K for a few years, I'll now be a 2P (Premier Silver) for 2012. I'm about to book some international leisure travel for May/June for myself and a friend. With 2Ps unable to reserve E+ seating in advance in 2012, should I risk reserving E+ seats now, taking advantage of my current extended 1K status, or reserve regular economy seats, minimizing the risk of getting booted from E+ during a sweep and having only middle seats in regular E available when that happens?

Technically Premier Silvers will still be entitled to E+, but only at check-in. Would my E+ seats be 'grandfathered' in?
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi TomKozski, just to confirm, you can indeed assign seats now in Economy Plus for travel after March 3rd based on your status, and, they won’t be taken away.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler , Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum and various hotel programs
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
On LH flights on UA's system you could see LH's seat assignments in their system, on CO's (now new United's) you could not.
Interestingly, while one can't view the seat maps for the existing LH reservation, under "Traveler(s)" on the "View Current Reservation" page it DOES show seat assignments for me, but not for Mrs. dpdapper. I'll need to call LH to confirm as I don't have the LH RLN as it only appeared on the online reservations page on PM-united.com and I didn't print that--only the e-mailed confirmation, which does not include the LH RLN.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:37 pm

My seat assignments for an international itinerary seem to have disappeared and my fare class (I - booked through BMI) is incorrectly interpreted as Coach, so I can't reassign them online. 30 minutes on hold so far.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, VX Elevate
That would be great, except the website won't let me choose a seat, nor can I even access the ticketed class of service I'm supposed to be in (biz)..

Hi Everyone, as some of you have reported, we are seeing sporadic cases where pre-assigned seats were lost. Please be sure to confirm your seat assignments online at united.com. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:50 pm
21A

Some observations from PDX landside today

Not flying today, but went to the airport this afternoon to check out how things were going. Some observations:
- Things were quiet. No lines and not a zoo at all. It helps that the Saturday afternoon schedule out of PDX is quite light and almost all UX; I don't know if it was worse in the morning with the mainline departures. In general, the agents seemed to be paired up, with sCO agents walking sUA agents through processing requests.
- The kiosks worked and several folks were successful in using them to check in. It sounds like the reports of broken kiosks were temporary or sporadic.
- The kiosks appear to be able to recognize any of the new PNR, PMUA PNR, or PMCO PNR for lookup. And they do now seem to be able to read the name correctly from the 2012 cards, unlike last night.
- The front page of the kiosk UI is the same style as before (with references to Continental removed). Upon finding your reservation it switches to the PMCO kiosk UI. [Off topic note: why does everyone complain so much about the CO website, but not about their kiosks? I actually think the website's not that bad and better than PMUA's, but the kiosk UI seriously looks like Windows 3.1, complete with stock graphics of people, clip-art icons, and white on yellow Arial text. This is one area where the PMUA design was much more elegant.]
- The new bag tag numbers appear to start with 4016 (as opposed to 3016UA and 0005 before).
- The bag tracking kiosks have been updated. They now have a UI that looks like the CO kiosk software (the magnifying glass icon, the interstitial graphic of the airplane on the "one moment please" screen, etc). Just out of curiosity, did sCO have bag tracing kiosks like this, or is this brand new?
- As before the kiosks can find the status of a bag by scan, tag number, PNR, or (now 8-digit) MP #. They return a status along the lines of "your bag arrived on flt #XXX at 00:00 and was delivered to claim #Y", but when I tried to print that status information, the kiosk froze for about 2 minutes before giving up. Also, the ability to read a MileagePlus card didn't seem to be working yet. Now if only they could get this tracking info to be available on the web, too (a la DL)...
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:51 pm

My wife and I are lifetime Red Carpet Club members - are cards have our old numbers on them - when will new cards with the new numbers be issued - anyone know?

Hi Everyone, as some of you have reported, we are seeing sporadic cases where pre-assigned seats were lost. Please be sure to confirm your seat assignments online at united.com. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
I lost my seat assignment on an international upgrade to First - also it tells me there has been a change to my reservation and I must call to talk to an agent - tried to call - was on hold for 2 hours and then hung up. No idea what do do now.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: United 1K & 0.9MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Also have skykit

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
What's so confusing? My post mentions that I've got some that have not yet been redeemed, and we've received no word on what will happen with them.
I was given a skykit last night because I found and turned in a huge pocketknife that was stuffed in my business class seat (would love to know how THAT happened) but the link to united.com/appreciation is gone so I can't redeem it. Not that I really need to be thanked -- what was I going to do, try to sneak it past NRT customs and then end up in Guantanimo Bay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.