Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Minor issue on Print Itin on legacy UA res's

Open a res, click Print Res in the res toolbar

If the res has multiple pax; it will try to calculate the per pax fare but uses the old UA TOTAL fare for the record as a basis for per pax; which means a $2000 ticket for 4 pax on UA TOTAL for all 4, shows on the new UA as a $2000 x 4 = $8000 !
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: UA-1k and missing CO AA EXP
Any update on Complimentary Upgrades?

Any update on complimentary upgrades not working?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:43 am

poor integration

i was really surprised to see that you opted for the continental look & feel and query system as it was quite inferior to what you previously had on united ... the UI is lacking, searching for flights is more difficult, account management is not as intuitive ... essentially it appears to me that you opted for clunkier code and an old UI when you had a better system already developed. i hope you realize this soon and make the switch back to the better website.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by tish50
Any update on complimentary upgrades not working?
UPDATE: I want my EUA! I think its still down. lol
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: CO Plat/UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dyt2
All in all, my account looks good.

Had my trip on Monday duplicated with 2 different confirmation #'s, one which is my original and with my original seats, and the second with a new confirmation # with no seats assigned yet. Not sure which is the valid one, but will wait until tomorrow during the T-24H check-in to see/call in about it.

One minor issue is that saving my login/pin doesn't seem to be kicking in.

Couldn't check in to either confirmation #, so called in to 1K desk. After 1.5 hrs on hold, got an agent who sounded really really tired/exhausted. She cancelled out the original confirmation, so I was able to choose my seats again immediately on my new confirmation.

I get an error while trying to check in saying "Your reservation requires special handling. Please check in at an airport kiosk. " Nothing she can do over the phone she said b/c she gets the same error and told me to try it at the airport tomorrow. Didn't want to pry any further since it sounded like I was the 1000th call she's gotten this morning, so guess I'll get to the airport a little earlier tomorrow morning
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
MINOR Rename Reservation bug

Shannon,
more kudos here for the simply amazing job you and many others have done to make this transition so transparent to FTers. It is a two-way street of course, and I can see the enormous benefits you have received from FTers as we report bugs.
On that score - I have a minor one for you when the dust settles.

The "rename reservation" function (which by the way I REALLY liked on the CO website) no longer works for me on the pss website. To help you solve it, I have one more data point. When I combine reservations so that they become identified as a "trip plan" then I can rename that trip plan.

Thanks again for your presence on this board.
Lurker
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Problems with making a reservation - redirect to pss.united.com

Trying to make a flight reservation. After I select the return flights for a return trip, the page "Review Trip Itinerary" shows up as pss.united.com and there is no flight and price info. If I click on Continue to traveler information, I get the following error.

"! In order to protect the privacy and security of your interactions, united.com times out sessions after 20 minutes of inactivity. Any transactions for which you have received confirmation during the session are not affected, however you must restart any searches or any incomplete transactions. Please return to the united.com home page."

This is in Firefox. In Internet Explorer, I don't even get the empty "Review Trip Itinerary" page, I get the error.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:55 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by demkr
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

UPDATE: I want my EUA! I think its still down. lol
Hi demkr, this process was just turned back on (minutes ago). I will update this in the master thread too.

Shannon
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott lifetime Platinum
Credit Card drop down menu

Hello, I am booking a flight for a first time on the new website. I noticed that when booking with a Credit Card, "Mileage Plus Visa" is not an option (however "Continental Mastercard" is).

I use the pmUA Mileage Plus Select Visa card. Don't know if having or not having that drop down mnu item will affect the 3x RDM bonus and EQM bonus for using the card.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
tried to read through the thread so hope this isn't redundant but my SWUs are missing.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: Flying Club - Virgin
Originally Posted by Landice
UAL1960, I agree with you 100%! We can all appreciate that the integration is a huge and difficult process, but as a customer, most of it should be seamless or, at least, appear seamless from the customer perspective.

Judging from this thread alone with more than 40 pages of postings in day 1, I would not call this cutover a success.

1. The massive delays at the airports
2. The massive delays on the phone
3. The involuntary reassignment of seats
4. The improper deduction of upgrade instruments
5. ...and the pure FRUSTRATION on the faces of United's employees.

...hope they will be able to get their act together soon.
When computer systems changeover there will always be glitches, from those that the customers see, to those that cause IT staff to have 2 mins of high blood pressure.

What would be alternatives? To stop the delays at the airport have a day of "no flight departures"? A delay at the airport is always better than not flying on the day intended.

Delays on the phone - the only people who should be calling are those travelling on changeover weekend up to Wednesday who have confirmed trips suddenly disappearing. Everyone else wait - see what is auto fixed.

Seat re-assignments being changed? OK - I'd be unhappy if I found myself mid row rather than aisle or window. However I would still get to destination as planned. This Changeover has been forecast since New Year - so an alternative would be not to travel round this period.

Upgrade instruments being in correctly changed/ used/ not used? Surely United will sort this out to at least what it was before to ensure continued happiness.

Frustration on United Staff's faces. You are seing what is known as "Very Bad Day in the Office". We all must have had a few times when the PC played up and work would not go through or had to be re-done? Cut the staff some slack - they are doing the best they can when each time they hit return they are uncertain if the PC will do what they intended.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Missing GPUs/RPUs

Originally Posted by ORD-LIH
tried to read through the thread so hope this isn't redundant but my SWUs are missing.
Do you have any future itineraries (for yourself or someone else) where you reserved or used a SWU? That seems to be the pattern as far as I can tell.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:10 am
mos

*A award bookings on UA using US miles

Apologies if this has already been raised and answered, but couldn't find anything on searching this thread.

I'm sure this isn't UA's biggest concern at the moment; I'm trying to book a *A award redemption using US Airways miles, and the US Airways agents can apparently see availability for the flights I'd like to book (UA910 and UA895 in First on 3rd August) but can't confirm the reservation. The US agents tell me it is an issue with the UA system - any ideas on this and when it might be back up and running?

I can keep calling US to check, but thought there might be a quicker way to find out when things change.

Cheers,
Michael
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium

Thanks Shannon- great to hear
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:15 am
grt

Seat Assignments and Changes

I lost my seat assignments for a BOS-ICN flight on March 7 and I cannot change them on-line. It was booked it on 2/26, Business Class. A domestic booking for the following week is OK. I called UA yesterday and they were not able to give me aisle seats, although they appear to be available.

Any idea when this will be fixed? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.