FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:07 am
flyhighajw

Programs: Flying Club - Virgin
Originally Posted by Landice
UAL1960, I agree with you 100%! We can all appreciate that the integration is a huge and difficult process, but as a customer, most of it should be seamless or, at least, appear seamless from the customer perspective.

Judging from this thread alone with more than 40 pages of postings in day 1, I would not call this cutover a success.

1. The massive delays at the airports
2. The massive delays on the phone
3. The involuntary reassignment of seats
4. The improper deduction of upgrade instruments
5. ...and the pure FRUSTRATION on the faces of United's employees.

...hope they will be able to get their act together soon.
When computer systems changeover there will always be glitches, from those that the customers see, to those that cause IT staff to have 2 mins of high blood pressure.

What would be alternatives? To stop the delays at the airport have a day of "no flight departures"? A delay at the airport is always better than not flying on the day intended.

Delays on the phone - the only people who should be calling are those travelling on changeover weekend up to Wednesday who have confirmed trips suddenly disappearing. Everyone else wait - see what is auto fixed.

Seat re-assignments being changed? OK - I'd be unhappy if I found myself mid row rather than aisle or window. However I would still get to destination as planned. This Changeover has been forecast since New Year - so an alternative would be not to travel round this period.

Upgrade instruments being in correctly changed/ used/ not used? Surely United will sort this out to at least what it was before to ensure continued happiness.

Frustration on United Staff's faces. You are seing what is known as "Very Bad Day in the Office". We all must have had a few times when the PC played up and work would not go through or had to be re-done? Cut the staff some slack - they are doing the best they can when each time they hit return they are uncertain if the PC will do what they intended.