Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Duplicate Post

Originally Posted by gablaze23
Question to everyone here. I had a OnePass and a United miles account. I have transferred and played around with the miles before, but I don't think I officially "linked" them.

Now I tried logging on to two separate accounts and they aren't consolidated. I have a credit card with United and plenty of miles in Continental. Are they going to fix this for me or do I have to call the CSR?

Not good form to double post (in more than 1 thread)

Also as many have said we all just need a little patience

with non urgent issues & this is NON URGENT
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: NWA Plat
Can not request mileage for more than 6 months

On "Requesting mileage credit for flights operated by United " page, it states "Requests may be submitted up to 12 months from todays’ date"

However, when I tried to request a flight for last July, the system says "Mileage can only be requested for flights flown within the previous 6 months. This ticket was flown more than six months ago and is no longer eligible for credit."

Last edited by 300D; Mar 3, 2012 at 8:02 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K (pmua), Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by dpdapper
Interestingly, while one can't view the seat maps for the existing LH reservation, under "Traveler(s)" on the "View Current Reservation" page it DOES show seat assignments for me, but not for Mrs. dpdapper. I'll need to call LH to confirm as I don't have the LH RLN as it only appeared on the online reservations page on PM-united.com and I didn't print that--only the e-mailed confirmation, which does not include the LH RLN.
The same seating issue happened to me in a trip for two Air New Zealand legs. My seats stuck around, but (soon to be) Mrs. mgaiman's seats disappeared. I have the NZ PNR but when I went to get the seats back via airnewzealand.com it gave me an error message. I haven't tried calling NZ yet.

Apart from that my 10 other reservations were fine.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler , Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum and various hotel programs
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, as some of you have reported, we are seeing sporadic cases where pre-assigned seats were lost. Please be sure to confirm your seat assignments online at united.com. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Shannon,

Are you saying that lost seat assignments will NOT be restored as the bugs are worked out of the system--i.e., that the current state of assigned seats showing online is the final state? If so, I will be very cranky if my transcon exit row aisle seats are NLA.

I look forward to a definitive reply.

PS I PM'd you on this earlier today.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:19 pm

Shannon,

I know this is a low priority for you -- but do we have an update on the Elite Upgrades on Award Tickets for Chase card members issue? Can XN/YN fares EUA now (as it seems like these fare classes did not work)? What about the airport upgrade list issue?

Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:21 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
and another question......

When I click on the "view account details" link in the yellow "My Mileage Plus" box, there is a big alert box which says

MileagePlus® is now the single loyalty program for the new United

Your OnePass reward miles have been replaced with an equivalent grant of MileagePlus award miles into your MileagePlus account. We did the same with your OnePass elite qualifying miles, elite qualifying segments, Regional Upgrades and Systemwide Upgrades.

Please take a moment to confirm your profile details, including email subscriptions.
I have gone thru all my various settings and made some changes but each time I log in, I see the same message plus where the link says to confirm my details, there is no "confirm" button.

So with all of that, is this an issue, something I missed or simply a reminder which will disappear after the integration madness has subsided?

Thanks and Shannon, don't forget to get some semblance of sleep
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS/1K MM, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
...just want to say thanks to everyone who is working their tails off to ensure that this whole transition is as smooth as possible.

I'm sure that you're keeping loyal customers' interests in mind as the hours toil away - thanks for representing our best interests.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler , Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum and various hotel programs
Originally Posted by kents
...just want to say thanks to everyone who is working their tails off to ensure that this whole transition is as smooth as possible.

I'm sure that you're keeping loyal customers' interests in mind as the hours toil away - thanks for representing our best interests.
+1
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA GS
Now on my third 2 hour hold to fix an out of sync ticket. Want to grab a bite before SYD-SFO. Anyone know how backed up it is at SFO UC? Hoping to fix my out of sync ticket there during a one hour layover for SFO-IAD-LHR.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Now on my third 2 hour hold to fix an out of sync ticket. Want to grab a bite before SYD-SFO. Anyone know how backed up it is at SFO UC? Hoping to fix my out of sync ticket there during a one hour layover for SFO-IAD-LHR.
I'm still trying to get over the fact that you are doing a SYD-SFO-IAD-LHR trip! That's like 30+ hours of flying?!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1k,Marriott LT PLT, Hilton Diamond /HYATT Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec
Originally Posted by corkangel76
That would be great, except the website won't let me choose a seat, nor can I even access the ticketed class of service I'm supposed to be in (biz)..

Had a similar situation and for some reason the merge didn't get my mileage plus number on the new confirmation. Had to call in and they had to add back my mileage plus number to correct before I could get the seats.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
I haven't gone into the club, but it's nice and quiet here at T3 in SFO.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
Any update on how UA will fix the incorrect GPU (SWU) balance? I have a PMUA ticket with PMUA SWU waitlisted, now my GPU balance is down to Zero (should have 2 left after the waitlisted flights). This looks like the "Duplicated SWU Used" case some members mentioned earlier. Would like to get some info on how I should handle this? Call or wait for UAinsider to update us on this matter.

Thx
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:01 pm

I am flying GIG-IAH (UA128) tomorrow, but I'm having trouble figuring out from which terminal at GIG it will depart. PMUA's terminal is T2, but since the flight is PMCO, it would make sense if it departed from PMCO's T1. The flight status at United.com has these details blank and the United hub does not mention GIG in that list of separate terminals.

Could help me, UA Insider?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Correct,

We have a process that will be running to reassign seats. If your original seats are not available, it will place you in the best seats available like seat. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

-Carlos F.
Frankly, this is not an acceptable solution. The reason that I pay my money 6 months prior to travel is so that I can get the seats that I want. Now, in a mere few hours of incompetence, I and dozens of others lose our seats and all we get is a "sorry".

Whoever grabbed my seats did it this morning, why can't you let them suffer instead since they have had the seats for less than a day while I had them for 4 months!? Who deserves the seats more? UA certainly must have everything backed-up from yesterday, how hard could it be to go back 24 hours and reassign us our seats?

Last edited by zombietooth; Mar 3, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.