Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I have a solution to what ails COdbaUA, it's called FastAir
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: NW, UA
UA Insider, please help me get refund on remaining reservation.

I have one reservation remaining and would rather not fly with your airline and would like a refund, if possible at all. It is a non-refundable type fare booked pre-integration. Could you please assist in getting a full refund? I have no confidence the trip, including after service (posting of miles, etc.) would go as smooth as one should reasonably expect, based on my experience in the last two weeks of doing business with United. I am simply too exhausted and too frustrated to do business with UA for now.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
The Aer Lingus partner page doesn't show the 100% PQM/RDM for the IAD-MAD flights. As this was a special partnership, and treated as if it were a UA flight, is this still continuing? Or do we no longer earn PQM and full RDM for this route?
I actually was wondering the same thing. I had the IAD-MAD flight booked prior to the merger and when I checked on my reservation in the new website I was surprised to see that PQMs=0. Did you find anything more out?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Kate031
I actually was wondering the same thing. I had the IAD-MAD flight booked prior to the merger and when I checked on my reservation in the new website I was surprised to see that PQMs=0. Did you find anything more out?
I haven't heard anything since. When you do a dummy booking it does show 100% PQMs though. I guess I'll find out when I fly. I'd be if it was otherwise. Getting very frustrated with the airline along with everyone else.

The Consolidated "UA/Aer Lingus Service..." thread doesn't have much information either.

Last edited by AndrewT84; Mar 14, 2012 at 11:34 pm
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Same thing happened to me! 3 out of 4 of my flights from 3/5 posted, but deducted the mileage balance from my PQM for the previous statement timeframe, therefore now showing a negative balance for that statement period!

Exactly what happened to me!
Same thing for me. Last weekend's flight finally posted, but EQM was a net zero after being subtracted from beginning balance (negative). FUBAR!

However I am not too concerned - as long as the flight has posted it should eventually be possible for someone to fix the EQM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
I haven't heard anything since. When you do a dummy booking it does show 100% PQMs though. I guess I'll find out when I fly. I'd be if it was otherwise. Getting very frustrated with the airline along with everyone else.

The Consolidated "UA/Aer Lingus Service..." thread doesn't have much information either.
Agreed. I'll definitely be pissed if I don't get qualifying miles (or access to the clubs - I STILL haven't received my 1k card).
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Same thing for me. Last weekend's flight finally posted, but EQM was a net zero after being subtracted from beginning balance (negative). FUBAR!

However I am not too concerned - as long as the flight has posted it should eventually be possible for someone to fix the EQM.
Yes! I'm not going to bother calling the MPSC for a couple of weeks yet. I'll wait to see if it sorts out without intervention.

I am keeping all my boarding passes, and am keeping a spreadsheet showing all my flights, confirmation numbers, etc. with mileage so I can check to see if the flights have posted correctly.

I am sure, in time, everything will be sorted out.

We FF are just an impatient lot! We want to see our miles in our accounts!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
3/9 flight now posted for RDMs.

3/5 resubmit still out there.

R upgrade posted as Z, for extra 50% base RDMs.

1K bonus of 100% base RDM seems to be there, so got 250% instead of 200% of base mileage on the one leg.

PQM total remains the same, except it is now composed of a negative 150% of base 3/9 mileage, together with 150% of 3/9 plus pre-existing balance.

So it is the same, with an odd "beginning balance of 2/6/12" of negative the amount credited.

Looks like a big mess.

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
We FF are just an impatient lot! We want to see our miles in our accounts!
It's not merely impatience. Folks expect a basic level of competence with customer-facing systems.

Going live with crazy negative PQM adjustments, etc., just invites overwhelming calls into customer service, even if things are really ok behind the scenes.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 15, 2012 at 6:26 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:14 am

Me too!

I'm glad it's not just me - I was really worried when I found out that the PQMs showed up as a negative beginning balance instead of crediting correctly.

Really, nobody tested the system before they propagated the changes into production?

Actuals (what it should say):

Beginning Balance: 65,035
Flown last week: 13,748
New Total: 78,783

What the website says right now:

Beginning Balance: (13,748)
Airline Activity: 78,783
Ending Balance as of 03/15/2012: 65,035

So I flew to China in business class, spent 16 hours on planes, and ended up... exactly as if I'd never flown at all!

Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: UA GS/2M Miles, AA 1M Miles
Should clear up tomorrow

Originally Posted by marcbecwar
I'm glad it's not just me - I was really worried when I found out that the PQMs showed up as a negative beginning balance instead of crediting correctly.

Really, nobody tested the system before they propagated the changes into production?

Actuals (what it should say):

Beginning Balance: 65,035
Flown last week: 13,748
New Total: 78,783

What the website says right now:

Beginning Balance: (13,748)
Airline Activity: 78,783
Ending Balance as of 03/15/2012: 65,035

So I flew to China in business class, spent 16 hours on planes, and ended up... exactly as if I'd never flown at all!

I've seen the same thing as well, but it happens the first day of a new posting. Not sure why but the beginning balance should correct tomorrow. UA Insider said that it could take up to two weeks for the batch process of the historical files to complete so whether we like it or not, we're just going to have to wait. I certainly feel your pain. I'm still waiting for 3 TATL return trips to post which is a bit painful since I'm out of SWU and these flights would put me over 100k PQMs.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Its been almost two weeks. Ridiculous thatthis problem is exacerbated rather than solved
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: UA MP 1K ,AAEXP, Dollar, Marriott Gold,Hertz Gold,SIXT Platnium, CBP Global Entry,Starwood Gold
Upgrade got and taketh away....

Landed on 3/13 at SFO, turned on phone and checked UGS list. Still showed me as 1 on list. Then my phone blinked, was changed to 6E, then just before pulling up to gate and opening door, phone blinked and was showing 27E. Ran to gate and agent told me "sorry, someone paid for first, and we nocked you back to coach"
So in a matter of time it took to land and get to the gate and open the door, had been upgraded and down graded to E-. Oh, by the way, there was only about 20-25 people in E+.
Great system you got going her United. Great way to retain my buisness and twenty plus years of loyalty...
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by 1kwannabe
Landed on 3/13 at SFO, turned on phone and checked UGS list. Still showed me as 1 on list. Then my phone blinked, was changed to 6E, then just before pulling up to gate and opening door, phone blinked and was showing 27E. Ran to gate and agent told me "sorry, someone paid for first, and we nocked you back to coach"
So in a matter of time it took to land and get to the gate and open the door, had been upgraded and down graded to E-. Oh, by the way, there was only about 20-25 people in E+.
Great system you got going her United. Great way to retain my buisness and twenty plus years of loyalty...
PM your details to UN Insider. Something went wrong here.

Last edited by LAXOGG; Mar 15, 2012 at 8:12 am Reason: sp
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: UA MP 1K ,AAEXP, Dollar, Marriott Gold,Hertz Gold,SIXT Platnium, CBP Global Entry,Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
PM your details to UN Insider. Something wen't wrong here.
Thank you LAXOGG, I already have..
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Diamond,Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mht_flyer
Certainly a website error and not correct. "K" fare is obviously accrue able according to United Fare information:

https://pss.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...es/united.aspx

This is one page I print out and keep on a bulletin board next to my desk.

If the trip was in the last say week or so, I'd wait a few more days and see if they shake out the posting of the miles/segments.

if not, then perhaps call in, but it sounds like given the still very high call volumes to wait at least a few days.

Good Luck!
Yeah I figured that they are just having major logistical issues in the back end because of the conversion. I am patiently waiting

I am not calling until June! lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.