Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, EL Al ???, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Strange (lack of) Exit Row Availability

On the last 4 flights I have taken, all on smaller regional jets, there has been no availability for exit row seats. However, when getting on the plane, I have notices that all of the seats are being filled with deadheads who were on standby.

I have now also seen this for my EWR-TLV today. There was no exit row or bulkhead available for weeks. Then last night almost all of those seats were filled with Standby passengers.

Anyone know what's going on? Is this a bug?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by danville 1K
Not sure if this has been answered.

Yesterday at SNA thought I'd see if I could get my passport validated....

The validation can only be done on the day of international travel, not in advance, at least according to her.....
Thank you for the update on this. I was planning on "validating" my passport on an upcoming domestic trip.
Another inconvenience with the new UA

Originally Posted by frankmu
I ended up going to the airport exactly at check-in, 24 hours before we were scheduled to leave. Used the kiosk and scanned our passports and printed out our boarding passes. One benefit to living in a small town where you are 5 minutes from anything. (one downsize is we are 3 hours from anything worthwhile )

By the way, how long does the system remember your passport? 6 months? 1 year? Should I check in with my passport every chance I get to keep it fresh?
I guess this is my plan now as well. For me, a 30 minute drive (one-way), but worth it to confirm all is right with the reservation (with plenty of time to wait on-hold, if needed).
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
An issue that just popped up (which I'm sure has been raised before) is that I had miles and segments post for a recent flight, but then disappear the next day. They have not reappeared in the last 2 days.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: UA GS
The 24 hour check in reminder and the other flight reminders don't seem to be working this week. Did work after 3/3 but stopped now. I checked all subscription settings and they were still ok.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
The 24 hour check in reminder and the other flight reminders don't seem to be working this week. Did work after 3/3 but stopped now. I checked all subscription settings and they were still ok.
FWIW, I received a 24 hour checkin reminder for my Monday 4/2 flight
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I've sent multiple emails on 3 separate issues (dating back to January), and had 3 calls and sent a fax on a 4th issue (dating back to January) and still no resolution. I've emailed 1KVoice, talked to 1K1Call, even faxed and emailed Mileage Plus with no responses. What does it take to get a response? When I was with the old United, they responded in a few days... 3 months is not a reasonable turnaround time for Customer Service issues.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
im still waiting for a email back from CS for over 4 weeks now!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thank you for the update on this. I was planning on "validating" my passport on an upcoming domestic trip.
Another inconvenience with the new UA
Welcome, wish the answer was better news.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I guess this is my plan now as well. For me, a 30 minute drive (one-way), but worth it to confirm all is right with the reservation (with plenty of time to wait on-hold, if needed).
Used to be able to be able to drop by my nearest airport, OAK, to do this. But alas, that'll soon be a thing of the past as well. Too far from my house to drive to SFO the day before.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
lifetime miles

Originally I had over 810k lifetime miles and as a couple of weeks ago, it dropped to 806k. I was finally credited for a UA IAD-FRA flight I took over the weekend but my lifetime miles didn't change. It was a paid ticket, next to the flight number on my recent activity there is a ZW. What doe that mean? I want to hit my 1 mm so I am no longer a slave to UA.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by Zouf
The bug that seems to be still there is that when miles post to your account, a negative PQM opening balance shows up for all or a portion of those miles that have posted, and stays there a few days before resetting eventually. I believe most of us are seeing this behavior.
This is EXACTLY what I'm seeing; last posted segment shows an initial negative PQM balance matching the same PQM of the last posting...

Mine also went away in 48 hours. Sounds like something is calculating wrong when posting and a workaround is being used.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: Plenty
Trying to buy an international ticket. Logged into my profile.

1) Pricing is in Brazilian Real. I'd prefer USD...
2) Half of the UA flights are missing (they exist and there's availability).
3) No flights of other *A members are shown (did not select "UA only").
4) Cheapest category offered is "B".

Log-out, log back in.

1) Pricing is now in USD.
2) Flights show up.
3) Multi-day search has stopped working.
4) Booking classes showing up on ITA are not showing up on the website. Incidentially, these are cheaper classes.

Amazon would be out of business if it would run its website like UA does.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by travelcomments
Trying to buy an international ticket. Logged into my profile.

1) Pricing is in Brazilian Real. I'd prefer USD...
2) Half of the UA flights are missing (they exist and there's availability).
3) No flights of other *A members are shown (did not select "UA only").
4) Cheapest category offered is "B".

Log-out, log back in.

1) Pricing is now in USD.
2) Flights show up.
3) Multi-day search has stopped working.
4) Booking classes showing up on ITA are not showing up on the website. Incidentially, these are cheaper classes.

Amazon would be out of business if it would run its website like UA does.
Out of curiosity does the flight originate in Brazil?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:24 pm

Anyone notice poor performance during flight search. I feel like I have to reload/reenter the search criteria far more than I had to on CO.com. And even when it does work I feel like I am waiting 10-20 seconds longer than I previously did.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: Plenty
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Out of curiosity does the flight originate in Brazil?
No. Germany. The Euro is a bit under pressure, but I doubt the Real will take over.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by travelcomments
No. Germany. The Euro is a bit under pressure, but I doubt the Real will take over.
Foreign currencies appearing is an outstanding website issue. I experienced the same issue but in SGD and I think someone else reported a similar issue with AUD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.