Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:47 pm

And now this when I log in:

MileagePlus® is now the single loyalty program for the new United

Please note: it may take up to 72 hours for your combined award balance to display. Be assured that all award miles, Premier qualifying miles, Premier qualifying segments and upgrades in your MileagePlus account are safe as we finalize our system migration. Also, changes to your account profile are not available until the transition period is complete.

I'd say they have some tech issues going on again (..or always).
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, FB Silver (former UA 1K)
Originally Posted by mechteach
I agree with this completely. We all flew ORD-IST-JFK on TK on a G fare, and none of the miles posted. I've just come off a 45 minute long phone call with the MP service center about this. They are working to get the miles posted manually (my agent was very helpful), but I will still stay on top of this.

Some add'l details that might help others: (1) I used the web form to request the missing miles. According to the agent, UA sent the request to TK the following day, and 3 days after that, TK responded that G does not earn miles. (2) When the MP agent called the *A desk, the agent at that desk commented that this is a known issue for *A (that TK is reporting earning wrong). Hope this helps someone.
In the two weeks following Thanksgiving, I twice flew LAX-IST-HKG-IST-LAX. That's eight long legs. All legs booked into G, although I upgraded to Comfort Class ("U") for the last leg. Of the eight legs, only the last leg in U has posted. This happened automatically without any action on my part. On the other hand, none of the earlier seven legs in G has posted. I waited the requisite 15 days and followed up with MP regarding the missing miles on the first four legs. (Its been four weeks since the first leg, still uncredited.) In due course, I'll follow up on the three missing legs on the second itinerary.

Based on what I've read here and my own experience to date, TK won't credit the G fare and the followup with MP via the web form is rather futile. An MP agent will need to get involved to fix this.

Is my conclusion off-base? Has anyone recently had a more favorable TK experience?

Marc
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Concorde Connoisseur, ua 1mm
Originally Posted by coolcoil
The funny thing is that my Avianca miles from the 3rd leg of the itinerary (on 12/15) posted, and I have never had AV miles post without a fight before.
Funny indeed.
My Taca miles posted correctly just 4 or 5 days after the flight.
So my ua ff id must be at the right place in their systems for
this itinerary ...
However, on the returning leg (which is more than a week past)
nothing happened so far (ua miles from the same trip did post
3 days after)
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tunapalooza
In the two weeks following Thanksgiving, I twice flew LAX-IST-HKG-IST-LAX. That's eight long legs. All legs booked into G, although I upgraded to Comfort Class ("U") for the last leg. Of the eight legs, only the last leg in U has posted. This happened automatically without any action on my part. On the other hand, none of the earlier seven legs in G has posted. I waited the requisite 15 days and followed up with MP regarding the missing miles on the first four legs. (Its been four weeks since the first leg, still uncredited.) In due course, I'll follow up on the three missing legs on the second itinerary.

Based on what I've read here and my own experience to date, TK won't credit the G fare and the followup with MP via the web form is rather futile. An MP agent will need to get involved to fix this.

Is my conclusion off-base? Has anyone recently had a more favorable TK experience?

Marc
I've had the same experience. I also did an LAX-IST-HKG-IST-LAX in G in TK thanksgiving weekend. Nothing was posted to my account after 15 days, so I submitted a missing mileage credit online. Another 10 days passed and still no miles credited, so I called the Mileage Plus Service Center and got a reply that TK denied the mileage request saying the booking class was not eligible. The UA Mileage Plus agent said it did qualify (G fare code) and resubmitted the request and I was told to wait another 10-14 days. Based on other experiences I read, it sounds like it needs to get escalated and manually processed by UA.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP, FB Silver (former UA 1K)
Originally Posted by syzygy
I've had the same experience. I also did an LAX-IST-HKG-IST-LAX in G in TK thanksgiving weekend. Nothing was posted to my account after 15 days, so I submitted a missing mileage credit online. Another 10 days passed and still no miles credited, so I called the Mileage Plus Service Center and got a reply that TK denied the mileage request saying the booking class was not eligible. The UA Mileage Plus agent said it did qualify (G fare code) and resubmitted the request and I was told to wait another 10-14 days. Based on other experiences I read, it sounds like it needs to get escalated and manually processed by UA.
Well, I just got off the phone with UA Mileage Plus and had the same experience. The first of the four submitted legs has been rejected by TK. Others are pending. A "validation request" will be submitted for the one rejected leg, but nothing can be done for the three pending legs until they get rejected. Since I won't be notified of the rejection, I need to keep calling back to check and then ask that further "validation requests" be submitted - and then wait another two weeks. However, since TK (incorrectly) insists that G class earns no miles, it is difficult to imagine that the result will be different. (The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.)

Why must we engage in this Kabuki dance with MP and TK? TK declined to credit the miles in the first instance, which is why missing mileage credit was sought from MP after waiting 15 days, of course. After another two weeks, TK will deny the request. Eventually the MP member will discover this and a validation request will be submitted and the MP member will be told to wait another two weeks. Now six weeks has passed without credit and no specific effort by MP to rectify the underlying problem.

This isn't a clerical error. The problem is that TK believes as a matter of policy that no credit is due. No solution will be found without escalation. Submitting web forms and requiring repeated calls to MP is just busy work. The MP agent suggested that I call TK, but I was told in IST that MP mileage credit requests must be addressed to UA MP.

Amazing.

Marc
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Going through the same song and dance with a TK G fare as well, mine was JFK-IST-NRT. No miles posted, sent online form at exactly 15 days, nothing posted again, called Mileage Plus, was told TK rejected the request as ineligible for credit. Mileage Plus sending it to the next step with their liaison... wait 15 more days... very frustrating...

I could have paid $100 more for the next fare class up if I knew this was still an ongoing issue between UA MP and TK, you'd think over the course of the past year, this had come up enough times (according to reports in this thread and forum) that they'd have it ironed out by now, it's not the first time they've heard of this problem.

I'm sure the miles will eventually get posted but since these legs put me over my 50k for the year, not to keen on getting my new *G card late again this year.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:34 am

Help- Miles not yet posted to qualify premier, flying Y fare

Hello,

I was hoping to get some advice on how to manage an upcoming itinerary. I've never before been "elite" and an itinerary completed on 12/21 will put me over the 25k threshold on United. Unfortunately, the miles haven't yet posted to my account (12/24). This is particularly relevant as I'm flying on a Y fare from IAD-SFO on Thursday morning. Naturally, I want to capitalize on the instant upgrade opportunity.

I was hoping to get some advice from the forum on what to do here. I just spoke w/ a customer service rep and she informed me that there's nothing that's possible until the miles post on my account- and that she can't give me any guarantee of when that's going to happen. According to the seat map, there are only 2 seats left in F and I feel they're likely to disappear in the time between now and when the miles post.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by jmw5430
Hello,

I was hoping to get some advice on how to manage an upcoming itinerary. I've never before been "elite" and an itinerary completed on 12/21 will put me over the 25k threshold on United. Unfortunately, the miles haven't yet posted to my account (12/24). This is particularly relevant as I'm flying on a Y fare from IAD-SFO on Thursday morning. Naturally, I want to capitalize on the instant upgrade opportunity.

I was hoping to get some advice from the forum on what to do here. I just spoke w/ a customer service rep and she informed me that there's nothing that's possible until the miles post on my account- and that she can't give me any guarantee of when that's going to happen. According to the seat map, there are only 2 seats left in F and I feel they're likely to disappear in the time between now and when the miles post.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Did you speak to reservations or the MPSC? Not sure it's open today, but if they are that's your best shot. A slightly less ethical option is to buy a refundable F fare that you can cancel close to flight time (assuming your status posts in the next day or two).
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:08 am

Anybody else seeing delays in posting since Friday (12/21)? Have a UA and LH flight that haven't posted yet
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by malgudi
Anybody else seeing delays in posting since Friday (12/21)? Have a UA and LH flight that haven't posted yet
Three days is typical for UA. They're not AA or DL next day fast.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:29 am

I just got off the phone with them. Evidently there's nothing they can do until the status updates in their system. According to the mileage plus rep, that won't happen until 1/1 as status updates only occur over the weekend. Wonder if that's true. Would be really disappointing as I'd at least like the free checked bag on Thursday.

Appreciate your recommendations. I hope I'm able to work something out!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AVIS President's Club
Originally Posted by malgudi
I have a UA mainline flight on 12/21 that has not posted.

I find it interesting that the timeframe for posting is now 72 hours, wasn't the goal originally stated to be 48 hours for UA flights?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I just got off the phone with them. Evidently there's nothing they can do until the status updates in their system. According to the mileage plus rep, that won't happen until 1/1 as status updates only occur over the weekend. Wonder if that's true. Would be really disappointing as I'd at least like the free checked bag on Thursday.

Appreciate your recommendations. I hope I'm able to work something out!
Just wait it out. It should post by wed.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:54 am

One other question:

The flight taken on Friday, 12/21 is part of the same ticket # as the Thursday, 12/27 flight. Do both legs need to be completed prior to the miles posting? If so, is there anything I can do for the outbound leg to post prior to flying the return portion?

Thanks again for the help.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Do both legs need to be completed prior to the miles posting?
No.

And I should warn you IAD-SFO is a tough upgrade. Even on a Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.