Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Can Travelbank funds not be used for codeshare flights? (I am trying to book a codeshare USAirways shuttle flight on United.com and the option to apply travelbank funds does not appear). What if I call in--it doesn't appear in the restrictions?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
I also have $15-$20 outstanding that I am about to write off. The bouncing back and forth between different call centers and promises is not worth the $15. Anyone have a direct phone number or email to this department that can sort it out?

I admit I made a mistake of paying $25 and signing up for it I will not repeat it again.
Thanks for the heads up, I ws contemplating...but now I know what to do.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FWIW, I'm about to renew mine ... I've made hundreds of dollars frm this. It's a no-brainer for me.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
FWIW, I'm about to renew mine ... I've made hundreds of dollars frm this. It's a no-brainer for me.
The question is, how much are you still owed? :-:
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
$255 here. No-brainer at all.

Though the split PNR is an issue.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hobo13
The question is, how much are you still owed? :-:
I've made just under $1,300 from this in just over 5 years. I've had to chase about half a dozen reservations over the years that didn't show up originally but appeared in my account after emailing UA/CO. I keep a very close watch on this to make sure none are missed (174 reservations so far and counting).

So I would say the accuracy is pretty reasonable based on my experience.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by star_world
So I would say the accuracy is pretty reasonable based on my experience.
I would have to agree. I've almost never had to call in about fixing missing items and the couple of times I did have to do so they were psted right away.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
Can Travelbank funds not be used for codeshare flights? (I am trying to book a codeshare USAirways shuttle flight on United.com and the option to apply travelbank funds does not appear). What if I call in--it doesn't appear in the restrictions?
I have the same question. Can booking a flight on a partner airline be done at all using Travelbank funds, whether through UA.com or phone?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
I have the same question. Can booking a flight on a partner airline be done at all using Travelbank funds, whether through UA.com or phone?
Agent told me no when I called in - she said travelbank can't be used for codeshare. I asked if she could do it, and she said no.

I don't see it i the T&C, but it's another thing to bear in mind when UA proposes to provide travelbank credit.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
Agent told me no when I called in - she said travelbank can't be used for codeshare. I asked if she could do it, and she said no.

I don't see it i the T&C, but it's another thing to bear in mind when UA proposes to provide travelbank credit.
Another change we're supposed to like.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Well, it's been three weeks since Vishal promised to reply within 24 hours.

Today, I received yet another email from someone who thinks that I'm asking for a refund.
July 16, 2012
PASSENGER: LEXDEVIL
TICKET(S): 016 2330 XXX XXX
REQUEST ID:140XXXX
Dear Lexdevil:

Thank you for contacting Customer Refund Services regarding the above referenced ticket.

Unfortunately, we are unable to honor your request and would like to explain why. Our records show the ticket was used; therefore, no refund is due.

Please be assured that United Airlines values your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,

Customer Refund Services
My forehead now has callouses on it from banging it against a brick wall. So annoying. I don't want to give up on the United.com Club. I probably purchase over 150 tickets each year, and a good 50% are on United. At the same time, I HATE not getting what I have been promised.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:26 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I would have to agree. I've almost never had to call in about fixing missing items and the couple of times I did have to do so they were psted right away.
Which number do you call, to correct the missing items?

UA no longer has an e-mail address specifically for united.com questions. As pointed out above, trying to e-mail to other addresses leads nowhere.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Some movement, possibly...?

Just received this email today.
Dear Lexdevil,

Thank you for contacting United Airlines Customer Care Department. We
are currently experiencing a high volume of emails, and I offer my
apology for the delayed response to your message. On behalf of United,
I'm sorry to learn of the difficulties you encountered trying to obtain
credit on your travel bank for your itinerary on April 25, 2012.

I have submitted your request for the $15 dollar credit in question.
Please allow 7 to 10 business days for processing. In the mean time,
your continued patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated.

As a Premier Gold member, your business is important to United. We look
forward to welcoming you onboard again soon and will do our best to
ensure you have an excellent travel experience from start to finish.
I will report again when the credit appears/fails to appear.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I have had no problem with United.com Club, it has worked flawlessly. I bought a bunch of plane tickets earlier this year before I was a member and still got the $5 dollar credit for them. They post the same day my miles post from the flight, which is usually 1-2 business days.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
I have had no problem with United.com Club, it has worked flawlessly. I bought a bunch of plane tickets earlier this year before I was a member and still got the $5 dollar credit for them. They post the same day my miles post from the flight, which is usually 1-2 business days.
+1

So far, so good

It's nice to earn a little bit back from UA after each ticket. Even though it's only $5, it sure does add up fast!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.