Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Travelbank also doesn't show up after FareLock or holding a ticket.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Would credits from the Travel bank reduce your PQDs?

That would be awesome if someone ended up at $9,990 due to $10 TB credits.
No. Travelbank is a form of payment. PQDs count the cost (base fare + eligible surcharges) of a ticket not how you are paying for it.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
Just did a quick search and could not find anything:

Is there a good contact for united.com club (travelbank) to get missing credits?
I have about $250 in missing credit since February – looks as though I stopped getting credit when the offshore call center “merged” my accounts. In the account details it shows all my old credits and debits.

An agent told me to send an email to besupport2 @ coair -- its been 2 weeks and I have not heard / seen anything.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA GS
Extend travel bank funds?

Is there a way to extend the validity of Travel Bank funds? I have $100 from Global Entry credit that I think will go away 12 months after it was deposited. I'd like to keep them valid for longer as I won't be buying a United ticket until September.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Other than this in T&Cs
Account has an expiration date of 24 months of inactivity. After that time, the remaining amount will be issued in the form of an electronic travel certificate (ETC). The ETC is valid for one year from the date the certificate is originally issued to the account owner.
no aware of any expiration of travel bank funds
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by docbert
Anyone know what happens to your existing credit when your membership expires? [...] How about tickets that were bought whilst a member, but flow after membership expires?

Best I can work out from the website, the credit should remain (as that's in TravelBank, which doesn't require any membership fees), but there's no real mention of the book before/flown afterwards case...
Well, I can now answer my own question.

Any tickets booked whilst you are a United.com member, but flown after your membership expires do NOT credit to your account. There is *zero* mention of this in the T&Cs, which explicitly state that you have to be a member when you book the tickets, but makes no mention of having to be a member at the time of flight.

To their credit, 1kvoice did know what I was talking about when I wrote to them, but a week or so later got back to me to say that my credit was denied as I wasn't a member at time of flight

Originally Posted by Aggie
Is there a good contact for united.com club (travelbank) to get missing credits?
1kvoice worked for me. They weren't able to help directory, but acted as a middle-man to whoever the responsible group was.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... There is *zero* mention of this in the T&Cs, which explicitly state that you have to be a member when you book the tickets, but makes no mention of having to be a member at the time of flight.
while not directly to point, there is a hint the membership is requires at booking and travel in the FAQs.
If I am not a united.com Club member and I purchase the ticket for someone who is a united.com Club member, do they get the credit?
No. The per-ticket credits are only available to united.com Club members who have signed in and purchased a ticket. The $5 credit will be issued to the purchasing united.com Club member’s TravelBank after travel is completed.
yes this is weak coverage of the issue and there should be a more explict statement in T&Cs.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Anybody knows if the the $25 annual fee is calculated in the beginning of each calender year or the year begins when I sign up?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by eddie1973
Anybody knows if the the $25 annual fee is calculated in the beginning of each calender year or the year begins when I sign up?
Payment of the $25 annual fee starts a year f membership from the day you sign up. My expiry date, for example, is in July.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:47 am

Why can't we use united.com club (travelbank) funds for seat upgrade purchases?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Well, I can now answer my own question.

Any tickets booked whilst you are a United.com member, but flown after your membership expires do NOT credit to your account. There is *zero* mention of this in the T&Cs, which explicitly state that you have to be a member when you book the tickets, but makes no mention of having to be a member at the time of flight.

To their credit, 1kvoice did know what I was talking about when I wrote to them, but a week or so later got back to me to say that my credit was denied as I wasn't a member at time of flight
So my membership expires pretty soon. As I read it, as long as I re-up the membership prior to my next flight I will still get that credit and I can extend my expiration date a few weeks? There is no need to worry about a lapse of coverage for a few weeks?

On a side note, while it has been a real pain to get the funds from split tickets, however, I do keep emailing the same CSR who credits them as soon as she gets the email. I have "made" over $350 this year from this $25 fee.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
So my membership expires pretty soon. As I read it, as long as I re-up the membership prior to my next flight I will still get that credit and I can extend my expiration date a few weeks? There is no need to worry about a lapse of coverage for a few weeks?
Is it really worth $0.50/week (A whole $1 or $2 for a few weeks) potentially savings for a risk of letting the account lapse or losing a single $5 flight credit ???
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Is it really worth $0.50/week (A whole $1 or $2 for a few weeks) potentially savings for a risk of letting the account lapse or losing a single $5 flight credit ???
I agree. However, I don't see what the risk of having the account lapes is if I have no flights to book or travel during that time? Everything in this thread suggests you get to keep your travel bank for 2 years and if you don't use it UA will issue you a ETC.

Just trying to extend out if possible. Perhaps that is how I am and in the grand scheme of things $2 shouldn't matter.

That said, I may end up with a work trip next week which means I will need to re-up in right away.

Also, another side note: It is effing annoying I can't use TB funds to just reup the membership.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does any one know how to use the credit?
When I click "View the balance", I have some credit there. I renewed the membership this May (and they charged me $25).
However, there is no button letting me use the United.com club credit. At "Payment options " on the "payment information", it shows Credit/Debit Card, Bill Me Later, PayPal, Online Check, Cash.

There used to be an option to use TravelBank credit, but it's not there anymore.

Calling United.com support, and it took me 30+ minutes without much progress.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bookexp
Does any one know how to use the credit?
When I click "View the balance", I have some credit there. I renewed the membership this May (and they charged me $25).
However, there is no button letting me use the United.com club credit. At "Payment options " on the "payment information", it shows Credit/Debit Card, Bill Me Later, PayPal, Online Check, Cash.

There used to be an option to use TravelBank credit, but it's not there anymore.

Calling United.com support, and it took me 30+ minutes without much progress.
It doesn't appear if you previously reserved the ticket and are now going back to pay for it.

Appears for me today. And I booked using the funds on Sunday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.