Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by Markie
http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/apps...A960E86D5244AF

The united.com Club (formerly called The Travel Club @ continental.com) is your ticket to exclusive savings. Your $25 annual membership fee gets you $5 back on every ticket you purchase at united.com. With so many ways to save time and money at united.com, you'll quickly find value in your membership.
Okay, thanks for moving my post. I have read this thread and see this is something new for other UA flyers.
I am confused as to exactly what to call it "Travel Bank" or "Travel Club". Having the word club in it makes it an awful lot like the name for the former Red Carpet Club/ President's Club now called "United Club". or "United.com Club" which is what the linked page under "Products and Services" calls it.

Perhaps the "TravelBank" will be the name of one feature you get when you join "United.com Club"?

And I still do not know why there is a slot for "Travel Rewards and Incentives" under "Credits" in my TravelBank account.

I am going to join it (last year I made 180 flights and probably 120 or so tickets so it will add enough money to pay for something.) And its free money as several folks have noted.

But this seems like something leftover from the era when the internet was new and businesses were using gimmickry to encourage people to use the website (something that charging fees for telephone service or counter service took care of quickly). So, I suspect it will get canceled in the middle of the year after I have earn maybe $100 and then I will have to find a way to use it.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
This is just too priceless. At the same time UA is eliminating the ability for small businesses to use a credit card to fund PassPlus they are offering an incentive to using a credit card and going to pay me for each ticket purchased outside of PassPlus with a credit card. Just priceless.

Needless to say I will be signing up
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:49 am

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
examples of special offers

What kinds of special offers do they provide? I just booked several tickets (beyond the 24-hr window), and it is unlikely that I will book five more trips (I try to avoid the one ways if possible) this year. I'm particularly interested in the hotel offers, but want to know if they provide a discount code that can be used at the hotel's website or if the booking needs to be done via united.com. Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by stravels
What kinds of special offers do they provide? I just booked several tickets (beyond the 24-hr window), and it is unlikely that I will book five more trips (I try to avoid the one ways if possible) this year. I'm particularly interested in the hotel offers, but want to know if they provide a discount code that can be used at the hotel's website or if the booking needs to be done via united.com. Thanks!
I guess the special ffers are the weekly 'sale' deals that are usually not so good and the cruise offers they occasionally send. For most of us I'd say the biggest advantage to joining is the $5/ticket rebate we get.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I guess the special ffers are the weekly 'sale' deals that are usually not so good and the cruise offers they occasionally send. For most of us I'd say the biggest advantage to joining is the $5/ticket rebate we get.
+1. I've never taken advantage of any of the deals that (occasionally) come along.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:23 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Tickets purchased with e-certs should still qualify, right?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by maize&blue
Tickets purchased with e-certs should still qualify, right?
Here is all I can find on restrictions:
"With every united.com ticket purchased, united.com Club members will earn a 5.00 USD credit to their TravelBank. You must be enrolled in united.com Club prior to making the flight purchase to receive the credit. This per ticket credit will be deposited in 3-5 business days upon confirmation that the itinerary has been flown. The MileagePlus account that is used to sign in to united.com will receive united.com Club credits after travel has been completed."
https://pss.united.com/web/en-US/app...onditions.aspx

So if using an e-cert counts as a purchase then yes.
I also note that you can do partial payments with Travel Club funds, completing the rest with a credit card That gives it plenty of flexibility.

Now if only they could deposit my unused travel funds (minus the obligatory $150 fee of course) into the Travel Bank, it would make everything easier. Or almost everything.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I have the credit card through Chase and the money racks up quickly for me.
You get 1% into the account for most purchases on the card and 3% for telecom type purchasees.

for example, I buy tickets for work and many other expensive things on the credit card, then get it expensed (even my cell phone bill which is 3-400 a month usually) and get 1% at least. Some months I've don 10,000 plus on the card and get 100 or more dollars in credit.

Thus I get a nice money dump each month from Chase in the acct.

I love the program.

Caveat: I did have one ticket which I purchased with the funds that had to be cancelled. the refund took 6 weeks to recredit.

Not as bad as a bill-me-later refund I needed that took nearly 3 months but other than that the program has worked great for me.
Maybe I'm ignorant or missed something, but can you explain more about the Chase card helping to fund your travel bank? What card is it? I put a bunch on my UA Chase card, and would like to start enjoying these earnings.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Originally Posted by jnb_tx
also, one pain is split itineraries, you almost always have to email in to request the credit for anyone split off the original PNR. they always credit, but it can take weeks if not months to work your way through customer service.
This situation happens to me pretty often on large reservations of 3-9 people on a PNR. About 1/3 of my passenger bookings are for passengers with status, who end up breaking off of the PNR for upgrade and E+ purposes. Who do you email in order to get the credit properly applied, and what info do you send them--just original PNR and ticket numbers?

It's annoying that this is tracked by PNR and not ticket number since PNRs get split or modified after the time of booking all the time... then again, I suppose it's a "designed feature" to short you on credit unless you have the follow through and tenacity to get your credit!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:44 pm
mlk

TravelBank problem

I applied my TravelBank balance to a ticket I booked this week, and instead of charging me the difference between the price of the two tickets and the TravelBank credit, my credit card was charged for the amount of the TravelBank credit. It took quite some time on the phone (40 minutes+) to sort out.

[e.g., not using the actual amounts involved: $1000 for two tickets, less $700 TravelBank credit --> should have been paid $300 difference; instead, was charged $700].

From the notes on the ticket, it looks like the Add Collect was handled incorrectly.

Don't know if this is just a glitch, or if there is a more general problem with applying TravelBank credits.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Travel Bank Credits

I am missing travel bank credits and when I called to address the issue this morning was told via recording something to the effect due to high call volume to call back later.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
My travel bank club expired on 3/2 (seriously!) - I had no inclination to renew it since I was concerned it would be a hassle....glad I didn't...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:21 pm

When does the $5 begin accruing...After booking? After travel? I'm still waiting...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ivandalism
When does the $5 begin accruing...After booking? After travel? I'm still waiting...
like it says on the site
This per ticket credit will be deposited in 3-5 business days upon confirmation that the itinerary has been flown.
or
here
$5 united.com Club credit will be deposited in your TravelBank when travel is completed on any ticket purchased at united.com.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Question Any Credits Posting

Is anyone seeing the $5 credits being posted to their account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.