Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Prety funny, a short rib, I mean come on how about two of them!

Originally Posted by demkr
[b]A choice of: short rib, spinach lasagna roll, and 3rd can't remember. Got the short rib.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2itnbyb.jpg
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by smashr
Have they officially switched to the PMUA method?! I must have missed that. (Though would be happy if they did)
I myself am curious. Just two data points: I flew SFO-ORD and ORD-SFO last week and on both flights (PMUA, 757) the FA took orders front to back.

ORD-SFO
UA611
Lunch

I had what's (excellently) pictured in post 17. Exactly the same only a different brand of ranch dressing.

SFO-ORD
UA694
Lunch

Choice of turkey cobb salad or warm turkey sandwich

Warm nuts with my water with lemon... on both flights it came with the new-to-UA CO globe plastic stick

Turkey cobb salad, served with breadsticks and tomato bisque
The tomato bisque was excellent, and served very hot. The turkey cobb salad was okay...kind of an odd mix of ingredients and flavors (napa cabbage, red cabbage, turkey cubes, cheese cubes, garbanzo beans, walnuts, cherry tomatoes, caesar salad). I liked the breadsticks I find it amusing that there are several brands of breadsticks out there too.

Warm chocolate chip cookie

Last edited by flaii; Jan 16, 2012 at 11:41 pm
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
01/14/12
UA863
JFK-SFO
B757-200
PS C Dinner

Appetizer

Green salad w/ asian dressing, a spring roll (which was absolutely tasteless---yuck!) and a choice of wheat or harvest dinner roll.

Hey, United, just out of curiosity-have you guys ever heard of sourdough bread? Or anything that's not whole grain? Maybe Michelle Obama is designing the menus? :-P
http://i43.tinypic.com/23sdi0i.jpg
Sourdough or those crazy delicious pretzel rolls. These were common on CO - not sure what will rule the day on UACO.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
1/13/12
UA450
ORD-TPA
Standard Domestic F evening snack service

Choice of warm turkey panini or cold chicken breast on pasta salad. Opted for the chicken breast, which I've had before and regularly enjoy. The dish was served chilled (silverware was chilled, as well, which was a very nice touch) and included a full grilled chicken breast, sliced, over bowtie pasta salad in a light pesto sauce. Sides included a pre-packaged slice of sharp cheddar, two crackers, and a pre-packaged brownie. Red and white wine was offered throughout the dinner service, though I declined. I did notice that wine glasses were regularly topped off.

Orders were taken according to status, and though there were no warm nuts or warm cookies, a hot towel service was offered shortly before landing.

Service was professional but not terribly personal or friendly. It was more than adequate for a short evening sector.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by zcat18
1/13/12
UA450
ORD-TPA
Standard Domestic F evening snack service

The dish was served chilled (silverware was chilled, as well, which was a very nice touch) and included a full grilled chicken breast, sliced, over bowtie pasta salad in a light pesto sauce.
I doubt they chilled the silverware intentionally . . . it is wintertime.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by elitefreak
I doubt they chilled the silverware intentionally . . . it is wintertime.
Or they just kept the entire tray in the refrigerated compartments, allowing the silverware and dishes to chill along with the food? Maybe it's naive to think that the chilled silverware was intentional, but it did fit, given the cold entree.

Why you gotta burst my bubble?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by zcat18
Or they just kept the entire tray in the refrigerated compartments, allowing the silverware and dishes to chill along with the food? Maybe it's naive to think that the chilled silverware was intentional, but it did fit, given the cold entree.

Why you gotta burst my bubble?
Hey, it's Flyertalk!

Chilled silverware and warmed nuts . . . priceless.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
ORD-EWR (CO1574) on January 15

Robert Mondavi Red - I don't know if it was reserve or the year as I chose a Chardonney I had never heard of, which was okay.

Very attentive flight attendants. Routinely were around refilling drinks and making sure everyone was okay.
I doubt it's the Mondavi Reserve Cabernet. Unless the purser is feeling generous sharing their private stash, it is unlikely CO would serve a $125 wine in domestic first.

01/14/12
UA863
JFK-SFO
B757-200
PS C Dinner

Hey, United, just out of curiosity-have you guys ever heard of sourdough bread? Or anything that's not whole grain? Maybe Michelle Obama is designing the menus? :-P
http://i43.tinypic.com/23sdi0i.jpg
Sourdough is available outbound from SFO.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Vegetarian's (or quasi-vegetarian's) dilemna

I am flying Sunday PDX to ORD in F, on what is billed as a lunch flight. I do not eat meat, but I do eat (and enjoy) both dairy and fish. It's been a long time since I've flown a domestic flight in F, and I'm looking for some advice.

Most of my recent UA flying has been international, and to the extent I have upgraded to C, I have usually not ordered a special meal, finding that there is almost always a vegetarian pasta (readily) available, and that the quality, variety and freshness of the regular C meals far surpasses the quality of the C special meals. From reading the posts on this thread, however, it appears that I cannot bank on the normal lunch fare including any kind of non-meat selection (right?), so it would therefore be prudent to order a special meal.

The AVMLs have been my standard when flying international in Y, and are usually the best of the bunch; but I'm getting a bit weary of palak paneer. I'm curious if anyone on this thread is familiar with any of the vegan lunch offerings in F (and if you tried them, what you thought of them). Thank in advance for any assistance.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
No vegan selections, and no special meals, either.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-10-1-a.html
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

There is usually a protien (chicken, beef or fish) and Vegetarian dish that is offered no vegan dish.

When you board the flight as the FA what is being served and explain to them your dietary issue. Usually the FA can do something for you, since this is a mid con flight there might be a cheese pasta dish as a choice.

Ordering speical meals is a thing of the past.

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
I am flying Sunday PDX to ORD in F, on what is billed as a lunch flight. I do not eat meat, but I do eat (and enjoy) both dairy and fish. It's been a long time since I've flown a domestic flight in F, and I'm looking for some advice.

Most of my recent UA flying has been international, and to the extent I have upgraded to C, I have usually not ordered a special meal, finding that there is almost always a vegetarian pasta (readily) available, and that the quality, variety and freshness of the regular C meals far surpasses the quality of the C special meals. From reading the posts on this thread, however, it appears that I cannot bank on the normal lunch fare including any kind of non-meat selection (right?), so it would therefore be prudent to order a special meal.

The AVMLs have been my standard when flying international in Y, and are usually the best of the bunch; but I'm getting a bit weary of palak paneer. I'm curious if anyone on this thread is familiar with any of the vegan lunch offerings in F (and if you tried them, what you thought of them). Thank in advance for any assistance.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
No vegan selections, and no special meals, either.
Argh! I do recall seeing a headline about that, but as I usually fly international, or on domestic flights with no meals at all, it hadn't quite sunk in. Concur on the

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
There is usually a protien (chicken, beef or fish) and Vegetarian dish that is offered no vegan dish.

When you board the flight as the FA what is being served and explain to them your dietary issue. Usually the FA can do something for you, since this is a mid con flight there might be a cheese pasta dish as a choice.
Thank you for the tip. I had seen so many accounts of "chicken or chicken" above that I was not sure. But sounds like I should stock up on snacks just in case -- always prudent, in any event.

I'll be sure to report back on my experience.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

double catered of the same protien does happen, however youo can ask the Fa to remove the chicken from the salad...

Argh! I do recall seeing a headline about that, but as I usually fly international, or on domestic flights with no meals at all, it hadn't quite sunk in. Concur on the

Thank you for the tip. I had seen so many accounts of "chicken or chicken" above that I was not sure. But sounds like I should stock up on snacks just in case -- always prudent, in any event.

I'll be sure to report back on my experience.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: UA1MM*GL/1K, AA, BnVy PlatL, HH Silver,

You will be SOL. As you can see browsing this thread your choices now in UA F are chicken or more chicken...it's really rather all disgusting. You need to be extra vigilant as the FAs will try to remove the chicken from the salad that it is plated on top of thinking they are being helpful...which if you are "sort of" a vegetarian may not be bad; but if you can no longer digest chicken bits or stand the thought of something upon which a an animal has been slaughtered touching your food...then you are best to bring your own if you still choose to fly UA. Virgin still appears to offer plenty of vegetatian choices in F and Y (at least possible to use them ORD to SFO, LAX). Delta is still offering F vegetarian meals on appropriate meal flights nearly systemwide from what I can gather and I'll try them via MSP when not taking Virgin to the bay area this year.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:01 pm

Location: "And I'm in Colorado, when I'm not in some hotel..."
Programs: UA Global Services, IHC Plantinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Elite
01-20-2012
CO 1559
MTY-IAH
First Class

A "Breakfast Biscuit" that was well...a plain warmed biscuit in a cookie bag - nothing else. I watched a several others in first either looked at it in disgust or broke a piece off - tasted it and promptly disgarded it. I really wanted to take a picture, but was to embarrased to be taking a picture of a biscuit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.