Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: 1k, 1MM, Hilton Gold
EWR-SFO Dinner flight First

TO Begin:
Chilled Appetizer - Smoked salmon and sesame coated tuna
Fresh seasonal greens - tomatoes, kalamata olives, parmesan cheese and croutons with honey dijon dressing.

Assorted dinner rolls and garlic bread

Main Choice:

Tenderloin beef - Delmonico's steak sauce, rosti potatoes, fine green beans and roasted tomatoes

Cajun style chicken breast - Cajun cream sauce, white beans with chicken sausage, collard greens and grilled onion

Vegetable filled mezzuluna pasta - Pomodoro sauce and zucchini with parmesan cheese

TO FINISH - Ice cream with choice of toppings.

I had the beef. Very tender..but the "Delmonico's steak sauce" was a fancy name for A1 steak sauce.

They passed out a menu. I took a picture, but how do I upload it into flyertalk? It asks for a url, instead of attaching a photo from my personal drive.

Last edited by JWongInSF; Aug 5, 2012 at 11:51 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I would almost say this is on par or slightly better than PS FC meal.

You have to use flicker or another online photo sharing service to post, however there is a thread on how to post pictures in the travel report section of FT.

Originally Posted by JWongInSF

TO Begin:
Fresh seasonal greens - tomatoes, kalamata olives, parmesan cheese and croutons with honey dijon dressing.

Main Choice:

Tenderloin beef - Delmonico's steak sauce, rosti potatoes, fine green beans and roasted tomatoes

Cajun style chicken breast - Cajun cream sauce, white beans with chicken sausage, collard greens and grilled onion

Vegetable filled mezzuluna pasta - Pomodoro sauce and zucchini with parmesan cheese

I had the beef. Very tender..but the "Delmonico's steak sauce" was a fancy name for A1 steak sauce.

They passed out a menu. I took a picture, but how do I upload it into flyertalk? It asks for a url, instead of attaching a photo from my personal drive.
Originally Posted by mh3265a
It's about a 9 hour flight but I get your point. YES, United First to Hawaii has definitely taken a nose dive in terms of service. I'd like to see the BF-lite service come back.
Wouldn't it have been simpler to keep a BF like service on flight over say 6 hrs, instead of downgrading everything to something a litter bit better then say soup kitchen quality.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 5, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Is this menu limited to transcons EWR?

Or do other transcons have it as well? I'm on a PHL-SFO flight later this month, so inquiring minds and all that.

Originally Posted by JWongInSF

TO Begin:

Main Choice:

Old Aug 5, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by 1kBill
Or do other transcons have it as well? I'm on a PHL-SFO flight later this month, so inquiring minds and all that.
Only EWR/JFK-LAX/SFO have menus (and three entree choices with a decent-sized appetizer).
Old Aug 5, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Dinner flight SFO-BOS on sUA equipment. What should I expect to be served? Two entree choices standard domestic catering? Lox starter? Sundaes with toppings?

Will there be sUA crews?

Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Dinner flight SFO-BOS on sUA equipment. What should I expect to be served? Two entree choices standard domestic catering? Lox starter? Sundaes with toppings?

Will there be sUA crews?

Thanks.
Yes-
sUA crews

Assuming no catering snafus, you should have two entree choices along with tiny appetizer, salad/fruit, then sundae instead of cookie for dessert..also snack basket before arrival
Old Aug 5, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
08/05/12
UA849
SFO-MSP
F Class Lunch

Warm mixed nuts

Choice of beef chipotle wrap or chicken salad w/ olives and ranch - served with mushroom soup, dinner roll, and small fruit bowl

Oatmeal raisin cookie
Old Aug 5, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr
Yes-
sUA crews

Assuming no catering snafus, you should have two entree choices along with tiny appetizer, salad/fruit, then sundae instead of cookie for dessert..also snack basket before arrival

Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:03 am

I was under the impression that EWR-SEA also got three entree choices and a menu, but I maybe wrong about that.

Dan
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Anyone know what's being served as a "snack" on late night midcons?
Flying IAH-SAN , departs @ 9:11 pm , 737-900. Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by dan1431
I was under the impression that EWR-SEA also got three entree choices and a menu, but I maybe wrong about that.

Dan
It did..as did all transcons on CO up until the catering alignment several months ago. But those flights were all downgraded and there are now just 2 meal choices and no menus on all transcons except PS and EWR-SFO/LAX.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: UAL1K
Meal Service Upgrade ORD-DCA

I flew flight # 1585 today ORD-DCA at 1:20 p.m. I was pleasantly surprised to be served a snack. It was the humus, salad, couscous plate. According to the flight attendant, this service just started yesterday.

It was one of the Continental 737's with a Houston-based crew. Very attentive.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by jraindc
I flew flight # 1585 today ORD-DCA at 1:20 p.m. I was pleasantly surprised to be served a snack. It was the humus, salad, couscous plate. According to the flight attendant, this service just started yesterday.

It was one of the Continental 737's with a Houston-based crew. Very attentive.
I am not familiar with this new "snack" - I'm also confused because ORD-DCA was previously just "refreshments" = the snack basket.

Were there pita chips/bread to dip in the hummus?

Pictures?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: UAL1K
Originally Posted by rch4u
I am not familiar with this new "snack" - I'm also confused because ORD-DCA was previously just "refreshments" = the snack basket.

Were there pita chips/bread to dip in the hummus?

Pictures?

I didn't take a picture. Yes, there were pita chips. No snack basket. Packaged nuts to start.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Flying IAH-SAN tomorrow , departure at 6:04 757-200 listed as dinner
Haven't flown UA F in a while , What can I be expecting ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.