Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 3:50 am

Thank you.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
FLL-ORD Morning Flight

Old Aug 3, 2012, 8:36 am

DFW-LAX on RJ

AM boxes offered

LAX-OGG on 757-300

PDB offered

Lunch was meat or pasta. The meat was OK, we didn't try the pasta.

No champagne and no mai tai available.

I saw rolls but none were offered.

Sundae was served.

Besides the lack of mai tai's it didn't seem a lot different than the standard pmUA service.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Just flew IAD-HNL and we were offered a meat and pasta option (beef or ravioli). The meal also includes an ice cream sundae. Drinks include the usual fare and champagne. Nothing special to write home about in my opinion. Also, there is a pre-landing snack which is a hot sandwich.
Only two entree choices on a 10-11 hour flight?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:20 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
Only two entree choices on a 10-11 hour flight?
actually it is closer to 8-9 hr (block time) flight -- but that probably does not change your basic issue

you may have been thinking about EWR-HNL
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
actually it is closer to 8-9 hr (block time) flight -- but that probably does not change your basic issue

What does Hawaiian Serve on the JFK-HNL flight? It seems many people are using hawaiian as a benchmark for what should be served.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Sorry, the original question was about EWR-HNL and someone mentioned it would be similar to IAD-HNL, my mistake. But yes, it does not change my basic issue!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
EWR-MSP-EWR, paid F, E70

Block time of 3:00 outbound, 2:35 return

Not getting my hopes up as I know it's only a snack box regardless, yet...

1. Outbound - no snack box on a flight that was 2 hours delayed and went 3:20 block to block. Unclear if mis-catered or not offered as it was a 3pm flight, or they figure no one needs to eat for that long.

2. Return - snack box offered (6:30am flight), but despite it being labeled "AM", there was no food in that box I would ever be eating before noon (Clif bar, Rondele spread, fruit & nut mix, pita chips). On a recent ORD-LGA E70 AM flight, they actually had mini-cinnamon rolls which I thought was a mild step-up for a change - of course this flight was ~300 miles longer so clearly it's not an option

E-mail sent to 1KVoice.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Block time of 3:00 outbound, 2:35 return

Not getting my hopes up as I know it's only a snack box regardless, yet...

1. Outbound - no snack box on a flight that was 2 hours delayed and went 3:20 block to block. Unclear if mis-catered or not offered as it was a 3pm flight, or they figure no one needs to eat for that long.

2. Return - snack box offered (6:30am flight), but despite it being labeled "AM", there was no food in that box I would ever be eating before noon (Clif bar, Rondele spread, fruit & nut mix, pita chips). On a recent ORD-LGA E70 AM flight, they actually had mini-cinnamon rolls which I thought was a mild step-up for a change - of course this flight was ~300 miles longer so clearly it's not an option

E-mail sent to 1KVoice.
Flew DL LGA-MSP in paid F (A319) - Only option was cereal, but I did get two warm croissants!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
What does Hawaiian Serve on the JFK-HNL flight? It seems many people are using hawaiian as a benchmark for what should be served.
Originally Posted by Hawaiianair.com
Lunch After 10am
Continental U.S. to Hawaii
Beverage Service
Trail Mix with Beverage of Choice
Main Course
Choice of three (3) tapas style entres from the following selections (all includes Wheat Rolls):
Macadamia Nut Pistachio Pate with Red Grapes & Watercress
Asian Mixed Greens with Roasted Beets, Heart of Palm, Tomato, Cucumber & Candied Walnut with Lotus Root, Tangerine Lilikoi Dressing
Braised Spicy Chicken with Mushrooms, Peppers, Green Onion & Rice
Steamed Mahi with Steamed Baby Bok Choy with Sliced Green Onion
Spinach Lasagna Roll-Up with Pomodoro Sauce with Parmesan Cheese & Basil
Sweet Treat
Tiramisu
According to their website , it blows anyone out of the water.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum/MM, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hilton HHonors Gold
New Snack?

Flew DEN-EWR yesterday, UA 1722, 7:39pm departure which was a Snack. Still annoying that not full dinner at that time, but it was different than what I had seen before at least:

They called it Southwest Chicken. It was a grilled chicken breast with grilled corn salad and mixed veggies (carrots, peppers, onions), plus a side of salsa (served in the same little bowls they use for yogurt), with a side of tortilla chips, green salad w/ ranch, and a little brownie. Overall I thought it was a nice change vs. the chicken with pasta... chips and salsa were kindof nice and different...
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by JDS@LAX
Flew DEN-EWR yesterday, UA 1722, 7:39pm departure which was a Snack. Still annoying that not full dinner at that time, but it was different than what I had seen before at least:

They called it Southwest Chicken. It was a grilled chicken breast with grilled corn salad and mixed veggies (carrots, peppers, onions), plus a side of salsa (served in the same little bowls they use for yogurt), with a side of tortilla chips, green salad w/ ranch, and a little brownie. Overall I thought it was a nice change vs. the chicken with pasta... chips and salsa were kindof nice and different...
Ok looks Like overall good news. It looks like they replaced the awful Packaged cheese w/ tasteless crackers for a more wholesome green salad, w/ chips and salsa. Thumbs up

Last edited by demkr; Aug 3, 2012 at 3:17 pm
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Uaflyer710
According to their website , it blows anyone out of the water.
I saw that after I posted, however, on a 8 hour flight a second service would be nice, Hawaiian does a second service on thier longer haul flighs out of HNL... But it is better then what UA offers
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
Smoking Loon Cabernet Sauvignon was the red wine, an improvement over Canyon Road, at least to me.
I agree! I was pleasantly surprised by the smoking loon.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
Sorry, the original question was about EWR-HNL and someone mentioned it would be similar to IAD-HNL, my mistake. But yes, it does not change my basic issue!
It's about a 9 hour flight but I get your point. YES, United First to Hawaii has definitely taken a nose dive in terms of service. I'd like to see the BF-lite service come back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.