Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
A while back I flew EWR-PHX in F and was served lasagna in a bowl. It was weird, however it was one of the best lasagna I have had (and I'm italian.) also the FA disspeared after the meal service and sat in her jump seat for the next 2.5 hrs.

Originally Posted by 1kBill
IAH-ONT
F Dinner
CO ? 737-800

Some kind of jambalaya (chicken) or spinach-cheese ravioli served with a side salad, mushroom brie soup and a slice of cherry cheese cake.

I had the ravioli, served with a tomato-mushroom sauce, which was pretty good although served in a cold bowl, so it quickly cooled down. The portion was huge. Soup was again delicious. Red wine was meh, but I didn't get the name.

Service was very good during the meal service then FA's sat in the galley.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA227/DEN-LAX
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 757-200/N547UA/3B
Departure Time/Duration: 11:35 a.m./2:30
Meal: Lunch

We were offered a choice of PDB. Cashews and drinks (Bushman's Gully Shiraz for me) were served after takeoff.

A choice was offered: Southwestern chicken salad or hot turkey sandwich, both served with mushroom bisque.

The salad came with sesame breadsticks and two tubs of lite ranch dressing.

Warm, chocolate chip cookies were served after lunch. The coffee was bad, but I added a packet of Starbucks Via, which improved the taste quite a bit.

Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA482/SFO-DEN
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: A319/N802UA/2B
Departure Time/Duration: 6:26 p.m./2:35
Meal: Dinner

PDBs (a choice) were offered. After takeoff, mixed nuts and drinks were served (more Bushman's Gully Shiraz for me).

Dinner was a choice of spinach-filled chicken or ravioli. The chicken came with a side salad (classic caeser dressing), a wheat roll/unsalted butter, cous cous and squash. A container of a spicy tomato-based sauce was served on the side. White, tray linens were provided.

The chicken breast looked a little bit nicer after it was sliced open, revealing the spinach and olive filling. The quality was better than the IAD-DEN version of this I had a few weeks ago.

Warm cookes with cranberries were served after dinner. The instant decaf was an insult! The service was really nice, though.

Last edited by Kurt; Jan 7, 2012 at 11:47 am
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Jan 4, 2012
UA 611, ORD-SFO, 1:15p-3:15p
Lunch

Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:47 pm

Location: "And I'm in Colorado, when I'm not in some hotel..."
Programs: UA Global Services, IHC Plantinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Elite
01-06-2012
Domestic First
UA 245
ORD to DEN

I have yet to get the warm nuts on a UA flight Below was the lovely offering of fresh fruit, croissant, sausage patty, potato cake, and hockey puck shaped egg. After reviewing the picture I think they had almost the same breakfast at McDonalds accross from our gate C11 leaving ORD - coincidence? At least the Bloody Mary was decent, and the service was very good

Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
SFO-ORD
F Lunch
UA A320

No PDB offered at all. 10 minutes into flight Purser who was very very good started service.
Choice of turkey sandwich or chopped turkey salad. I took the sandwich, both served with (NEW!) roasted red pepper soup which was absolutely AMAZING!

Odd note: that I was in 3E and last to have order taken. I could see her counting the numbers and she said "Phew, looks like you get a choice". I didn't say this, but thought in my head "Looks like I get a choice? I'm a 1K on a paid F ticket, if you're doing your job right I should be somewhere between first to third on the list". Alas, no need to complain as things worked out.

No snack basket which I really could've used on this flight.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
January 3, 2012
EWR-DEN UA485 5:27pm
PMUA 32S F

Meal orders taken front-to-back, but I was not asked for my second choice as most other pax were, including my seatmate (I am 1K, seatmate was 2P).

PDB (hand-run, any drink served)
Warm nuts in a ramekin
Standard salad
Choice of herbed chicken breast served with mashed potatoes and green beans or ravioli (had the chicken)
Multigrain roll
Cookie for dessert

There was no white table linen and the meal was served on a standard UA square tray with a CO-style blue tray linen.

Attentive crew, meal was tasty.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

WHo nows you might have been the only 1K in F and the rest were all GS. BTW, what fare you bought has no baring on food order, just status.

Originally Posted by nevansm
SFO-ORD
F Lunch
UA A320

No PDB offered at all. 10 minutes into flight Purser who was very very good started service.
Choice of turkey sandwich or chopped turkey salad. I took the sandwich, both served with (NEW!) roasted red pepper soup which was absolutely AMAZING!

Odd note: that I was in 3E and last to have order taken. I could see her counting the numbers and she said "Phew, looks like you get a choice". I didn't say this, but thought in my head "Looks like I get a choice? I'm a 1K on a paid F ticket, if you're doing your job right I should be somewhere between first to third on the list". Alas, no need to complain as things worked out.

No snack basket which I really could've used on this flight.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
WHo nows you might have been the only 1K in F and the rest were all GS. BTW, what fare you bought has no baring on food order, just status.
As I recall, a paid F fare ranks second on the rank for meal choice/priority.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *G, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Is 297 (p.s. JFK to LAX) now full dinner in C?

I've searched the Let's Eat threads (and others), but can't get a confirmation on this. The last 5-or-so times I've taken this last-of-the-day flight from JFK, it was a "snack" flight in C. Now, it's showing "dinner, refreshments" on my e-mail confirmation and on united.com. Is this a change since my last 297 flight in November? Can anybody confirm?

Thanks and safe travels.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
January 9, 2012
SANSFO UA336 Dep 1903

PDB: FA "A" went to first three rows asking for their choice of beverage. FA "B" brought tray of OJ/Water to remaining rows at the same time from back to front.

After takeoff drinks served front to back...wait, wait, FA "B" comes by to offer refill 30 mins before landing. Then I asked if they did away with snack basket. FA "B" says I don't know, I'll have to check with FA "A". FA "B" is seen rummaging aroung galley and then comes out with snack basket saying "I didn't know we were supposed to pass it out on this route." I said "I've always seen it on this route but with all the alignment I guess they could have done away with it at which point "FA "A" gives me non-approving glare that I even inquired.

First flight on UA metal that things havent been consistent, so was a little surprised.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

INteresting note, UA use to serve a snack on this flight years ago, and today the FA don't even know what they are supose to do...

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
January 9, 2012
SANSFO UA336 Dep 1903

PDB: FA "A" went to first three rows asking for their choice of beverage. FA "B" brought tray of OJ/Water to remaining rows at the same time from back to front.

After takeoff drinks served front to back...wait, wait, FA "B" comes by to offer refill 30 mins before landing. Then I asked if they did away with snack basket. FA "B" says I don't know, I'll have to check with FA "A". FA "B" is seen rummaging aroung galley and then comes out with snack basket saying "I didn't know we were supposed to pass it out on this route." I said "I've always seen it on this route but with all the alignment I guess they could have done away with it at which point "FA "A" gives me non-approving glare that I even inquired.

First flight on UA metal that things havent been consistent, so was a little surprised.

Last edited by FlightNurse; Jan 12, 2012 at 11:13 am
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:17 pm

Location: "And I'm in Colorado, when I'm not in some hotel..."
Programs: UA Global Services, IHC Plantinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Elite
01-11-2012
Domestic First
UA 1296
ORD to DEN
Depart: 08:00 PM
Arrive: 09:36 PM

Snack basket consisting of Ruffles & peanuts - the one day I didn't eat lunch or dinner...
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Travelin Man 069
01-11-2012
Domestic First
UA 1296
ORD to DEN
Depart: 08:00 PM
Arrive: 09:36 PM

Snack basket consisting of Ruffles & peanuts - the one day I didn't eat lunch or dinner...
Sounds like a good flight to ask about purchasing a snack box.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Travelin Man 069
01-06-2012
Domestic First
UA 245
ORD to DEN

I have yet to get the warm nuts on a UA flight Below was the lovely offering of fresh fruit, croissant, sausage patty, potato cake, and hockey puck shaped egg. After reviewing the picture I think they had almost the same breakfast at McDonalds accross from our gate C11 leaving ORD - coincidence? At least the Bloody Mary was decent, and the service was very good

The hot food looks identical to the business class breakfast served some 12 hours into the SFO-SYD earlier this week .

It was quite tasteless though I accept that it cannot be easy to serve tasty edible food after that length of time but some other airlines do.

One the plus side , the pre departure drinks was of your own choosing - imagine that - not just water , OJ or some cheap domestic sparkling wine .

That really is an improvement.

Also I was shocked to be offered my choice of tea - great as I prefer green or oolong tea and both were available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.