Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
P fares on Air Canada?

I have been looking at some business fares and some of the options include a leg on Air Canada. The fare code shows on united.com as Business (P), but it shows the EQM rate as 0%. When I look at the MP page for mileage accural on Air Canada, it shows P as discount economy with 100% EQM. Is there a disconnect between what UA and Air Canada mean by P fares? Anyone know what EQM rate I would get on this leg?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Michilander
I have been looking at some business fares and some of the options include a leg on Air Canada. The fare code shows on united.com as Business (P), but it shows the EQM rate as 0%. When I look at the MP page for mileage accural on Air Canada, it shows P as discount economy with 100% EQM. Is there a disconnect between what UA and Air Canada mean by P fares? Anyone know what EQM rate I would get on this leg?
Ignore the united.com mileage percentages on the booking/itinary pages it's a known and oft posted about glitch.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA MM
Available upgrades in online account status?

I'm sure I used to be able to click through my on line statement somewhere to find upgrade status - when they were issued and when they would expire. Now, I can't find them anywhere. Maybe because I am a lowly Gold and dont' get them any more? Always used to get a few each year in Feb or so.

BTW, well done on the answer above about beers at the PDX club ^
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I'm sure I used to be able to click through my on line statement somewhere to find upgrade status - when they were issued and when they would expire. Now, I can't find them anywhere. Maybe because I am a lowly Gold and dont' get them any more? Always used to get a few each year in Feb or so.

BTW, well done on the answer above about beers at the PDX club ^
Upgrade 'certs' only get issued to Plats (Regionals) and 1K (Regionals and Globals). Everyone else gets entered on the CPU lottery for domestic flights, but can't pick and chose upgrades without burning miles.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Given that I have looked at JAX to FUK Mid May to Mid June, I am finding a swing of $300-500 dollars for coach. When is the best time to purchase international tickets and how do i go about getting the lowest?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by alex_b
Ignore the united.com mileage percentages on the booking/itinary pages it's a known and oft posted about glitch.
Thanks. But, what about the P fare? United.com shows it as business, but the Air Canada mileage chart lists it as discount economy. Was wondering if a United P fare actually books as Z on Air Canada, or whether Air Canada really treats it as discount economy, even though the seat will be in business?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:40 am

Thanks. But, what about the P fare? United.com shows it as business, but the Air Canada mileage chart lists it as discount economy. Was wondering if a United P fare actually books as Z on Air Canada, or whether Air Canada really treats it as discount economy, even though the seat will be in business?
It will book into a different AC fare class in business. I'd suggest you do a search on http://matrix.itasoftware.com and identify the same itinerary that you've found on UA, that will probably show you the real AC fare bucket.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: UA MM
Upgrade 'certs' only get issued to Plats (Regionals) and 1K (Regionals and Globals). Everyone else gets entered on the CPU lottery for domestic flights, but can't pick and chose upgrades without burning miles.
Sigh. Thanks Jeff, for another change I surely won't like. Alas for the day when 1P meant something

Thanks much for the quick answer!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:50 am

It will book into a different AC fare class in business. I'd suggest you do a search on http://matrix.itasoftware.com and identify the same itinerary that you've found on UA, that will probably show you the real AC fare bucket.
alex_b, thanks a bunch. Guess I need to learn to use ITA. Read about it in FT, but never used it before. As it turns out, the itinerary I was looking at does, indeed, book into Z on Air Canada.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:52 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I'm sure I used to be able to click through my on line statement somewhere to find upgrade status - when they were issued and when they would expire. Now, I can't find them anywhere. Maybe because I am a lowly Gold and dont' get them any more?
Sigh. Thanks Jeff, for another change I surely won't like. Alas for the day when 1P meant something
Can't blame Jeff for that one. It's a policy UA implemented long before merger, one that some didn't like.

EmailKid
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:57 am

Thanks much for the quick answer!
As has been mentioned, this was a UA policy to switch from certs to UDUs (which became CPUs). Personally (even as a 1k) would prefer to pick and chose the flights I get upgraded on and be able to ensure my wife is upgraded with me, rather than get upgraded 2-3 times as often but on routes I don't care about or without my wife being upgraded. But others have a different view...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Silver, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium
I just dropped to GM from 1K last year after not traveling for work last year. Now it seems I have a number of trips coming up this year... mostly ATW-ORD-SFO. I'm hoping there may be some sort of challenge or "match" that will obtain me status quicker then having to do Segment/Mileage Runs. Does anyone know of a better way to obtain status quickly? I'm guessing I actually have to have my butt in seat for this, but figured I'd ask the question...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cocaine
I just dropped to GM from 1K last year after not traveling for work last year. Now it seems I have a number of trips coming up this year... mostly ATW-ORD-SFO. I'm hoping there may be some sort of challenge or "match" that will obtain me status quicker then having to do Segment/Mileage Runs. Does anyone know of a better way to obtain status quickly? I'm guessing I actually have to have my butt in seat for this, but figured I'd ask the question...
There is a match program if you have status elsewhere. Otherwise you can call and ask but I'd expect the answer to be no.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:17 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by cocaine
I just dropped to GM from 1K last year after not traveling for work last year.
Originally Posted by sbm12
Otherwise you can call and ask but I'd expect the answer to be no.
Dropped from 1K when flying for work to 1P on leisure, and stopped flying altogether for a year about couple of years ago, and PMUA sent me a couple of emails where I could do a challenge by paying $350 IIRC and flying 15K miles in 90 days to regain 1P.

I was also PMCO Plat, but no email from them when I became GM.

Again, a couple of years ago, don't know current situation.

EmailKid
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
New to traveling and just experienced my first major flight delay causing me to miss my connection flight. I am stuck in Cleveland for the night where they provided me a hotel and a meal voucher. However, I had booked a 4 night weekend stay and was not able to cancel before the 6 PM deadline, incurring a one night stay fee. Do people usually get any compensation in this situation or am I .... out of luck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.