Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All UA A319s have have been converted to 12F configuration

FIRST CLASS CABIN
All A319s have the 'new' UA first class seat. There are 12 first class seats on the A319. Stated pitch is 37" and the width is 21”. The seat recline on the A319 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

ECONOMY PLUS Section – ROWS 7-21
Row 7 is the best row. Like on the A320, Row 7 has plenty of room plus the bulkhead does not extend all the way down to the floor, allowing you to store bags and your feet under Row 2.

21BC and 21DE do have an extra inch or two of legroom to allow folks to get to the Window Exit, but it is not nearly as generous as Row 20 and Row 21 on the A320.

Rows 8-12 have 35" of legroom and 18" width.

ECONOMY CLASS Section – ROWS 22-35
Pitch is very tight at (30"), but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Wifi: Ku band wifi is installed on all A319s. Ku band wifi is the international wifi which enables internet access for the rare A319 trip outside of the lower 48.
Entertainment: Personal device entertainment is installed on all A319s. Make sure you have the latest United app loaded on your phone/tablet.
In-Seat Power: Installed in F and E+.

Other
There is a galley and lav at the front of the plane for First-class cabin.
There is a galley and two lavs at the rear of the plane for the economy cabin.

Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:11 pm

BTW, is there a reason row 12 is so much cheaper than rows 7-11? I understand row 7 has extra leg room, and row 20 doesn't have any recline, but what's the story with row 12 on the new A319? Doesn't seem like 11a or anything is missing
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: Platinum
E plus means your 2 year old doesn’t kick the seat in front of them. Row 7 means they can play on the floor between the seat and bulkhead. For a 5+ hour flight, it might be worth your sanity. And the closer to the front means you can get off the plane faster and get them to the toilet quicker. You and your family will not be able to sit in the exit row with a minor in tow.
Travel safely!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jjoe123
7/21 are more expensive ~$80 per ticket. Plus, is it an exit row? I mean, I'll be traveling with young kids (youngest is 2.5 years old). I usually fly economy with family (business for work). I'm fine with economy. I just heard that United tend to make leg room very limited in economy. Is that the case here? Or, it's not that big of a difference (beside 7 and 21). I'm not too high (5'10")
Compared to most E+ offers on flights of similar distance, $80 for Row 7 is an outstanding deal. Whether it's worth it is really up to you. Personally I would just pay for F on a flight that long as the narrow seat in Y is too much for me.

United's standard Economy product has a similar seat pitch to Economy on most other airlines in the world. At 6' tall, there is enough room for my knees and that's about it.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Compared to most E+ offers on flights of similar distance, $80 for Row 7 is an outstanding deal. Whether it's worth it is really up to you. Personally I would just pay for F on a flight that long as the narrow seat in Y is too much for me.

United's standard Economy product has a similar seat pitch to Economy on most other airlines in the world. At 6' tall, there is enough room for my knees and that's about it.
+1. Row 7 for $80 on a 5+ hour flight is a great deal.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
...I just heard that United tend to make leg room very limited in economy. Is that the case here? ...
UA's E- is the same as most economy section of most airlines 31"-32" pitch.

..Or, it's not that big of a difference (beside 7 and 21). I'm not too high (5'10")
most E+ seats are 3"-4" more in pitch. I'm the same height and I find the difference noticeable -- such as you can cross your legs.

More thoughts in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...solidated.html
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
most E+ seats are 3"-4" more in pitch. I'm the same height and I find the difference noticeable -- such as you can cross your legs.
(bolding mine)
THAT is exactly what makes the biggest difference to me. The 3"-4" more in pitch doesn't sound like much, but it make a HUGE difference IMO.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:59 pm

I see. Thanks. Since the flight leave after 10pm, I'm hoping the kids would sleep most of it (so playing on the floor in row 7 is not that important). Which row is an exit row? Currently almost all E+ seats are available - ranging from 80 to 42 (non-recline ones).
Beside 7 and 21 - what are the best options? Why is row 12 cheaper than the rest?

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:25 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I see. Thanks. Since the flight leave after 10pm, I'm hoping the kids would sleep most of it (so playing on the floor in row 7 is not that important). Which row is an exit row? Currently almost all E+ seats are available - ranging from 80 to 42 (non-recline ones).
Beside 7 and 21 - what are the best options? Why is row 12 cheaper than the rest?

Thanks
With children under 15 you will not be allowed in Row 21 (exit row), FAA rule -- see the red arrow on the seat map.
Exit rows do have additional pirtch,
Bulkheads (row 7 in this case) have the advantage of no one to recline into your space.
Row 20 seats do not recline.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:05 pm

I understand, just wondering, row 12 costs only $44-49 (row 20 is cheaper, but no recline). Was wondering, is there anything "wrong" with row 12? or is it just like any other row (but row 7)?

Would love to book before prices go up (they are up a bit already) - rows 11 and 12 are cheaper than the rest 8-9-10. Is there a reason? Or are just because they are farther from the entrance?

Sorry for reposting, but would love to book before price goes up...any thoughts? I'm thinking of booking row 12 (~$20-30 per chair cheaper than rows 8-10), am I missing something ?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 2, 2018 at 11:34 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I'm not aware of anything different, as long as it's not the last row before the exits (which does not recline).
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:12 pm

Great, thanks. That's weird. Row 20 is way cheaper now ($29-35), but row 12 is ~$40, row 11 (60) and the rest over 80...That is why I thought I'm missing something. Will buy 4 chairs in row 12 then.

Thanks,
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only thing I can think of is that if the frame is upgauged to a 320 (not terribly likely but it does happen) then Row 12 becomes non-reclining.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:22 pm

Oh, and row 11 is safe?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:18 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Row 12 on the A-320 is cheaper because it doesn't recline. I wonder if when they essentially standardized the A-319 and A-320 cabins by changing the exit row configuration that they just kept the E+ pricing structure the same for both aircraft. Last year when I didn't have status Row 12 was always my "sweet spot" for buying E+ on the 320.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Just flew seat 21A onboard N804UA for the long haul ORD-SAN. It was one of the best experiences I've had in Y, and I'm a bigger guy. IMO it's much better then the bulkhead - the bulkhead doesn't go down to the bottom, but your view is of the bulkhead itself, and no tray table for the bulkhead.

The exit row was spacious, and had a tray table, and was a great seat for the 3.5 hour trip.
I don't usually fly the 319 due to upgrade chances, but I will not hesitate to get on this plane again if I can confirm that seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.