Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All UA A319s have have been converted to 12F configuration

FIRST CLASS CABIN
All A319s have the 'new' UA first class seat. There are 12 first class seats on the A319. Stated pitch is 37" and the width is 21”. The seat recline on the A319 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

ECONOMY PLUS Section – ROWS 7-21
Row 7 is the best row. Like on the A320, Row 7 has plenty of room plus the bulkhead does not extend all the way down to the floor, allowing you to store bags and your feet under Row 2.

21BC and 21DE do have an extra inch or two of legroom to allow folks to get to the Window Exit, but it is not nearly as generous as Row 20 and Row 21 on the A320.

Rows 8-12 have 35" of legroom and 18" width.

ECONOMY CLASS Section – ROWS 22-35
Pitch is very tight at (30"), but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Wifi: Ku band wifi is installed on all A319s. Ku band wifi is the international wifi which enables internet access for the rare A319 trip outside of the lower 48.
Entertainment: Personal device entertainment is installed on all A319s. Make sure you have the latest United app loaded on your phone/tablet.
In-Seat Power: Installed in F and E+.

Other
There is a galley and lav at the front of the plane for First-class cabin.
There is a galley and two lavs at the rear of the plane for the economy cabin.

Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by findark
7A, unconditionally. Unless you desperately need an aisle 7A and 7F are the best seats in Economy.
Perfect, my seat now.
Thank you.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Not too bad in 10 D

Flying home from SFO to PDX on an A319 R1 and this E+ seat is pretty comfortable. Thankfully it’s not the old crumby upholstered seating but a nice pleather.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bunky
319:
N896UA confirmed with 12F mod completion - 8 to go and most in stations where mods being completed
When the 319s are modified are they just adding 4 new seats or replacing the whole F cabin? In other words, if I eventually get on one of these birds, should I try to grab row 3 as it will have a seat that is a few years newer?
Old Apr 25, 2020, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
When the 319s are modified are they just adding 4 new seats or replacing the whole F cabin? In other words, if I eventually get on one of these birds, should I try to grab row 3 as it will have a seat that is a few years newer?
So far I haven't been able to see a difference between row 3 and any other.

[Edit add: I do think they are only adding row 3 and moving the partition, so theoretically yes the seats should be newer.]

I like row 3 regardless, though, since there is no one behind you and the seats have large spaces between them.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LifetimeGS
July 1 SFO-BOS equipment changed from 319 to 739
Good for UA overall on the upgauge, bad if you're already booked in F. IMHO the new F seats on the 319 are far superior to the old ones on the 739, especially on a transcon.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dkc192
Good for UA overall on the upgauge, bad if you're already booked in F. IMHO the new F seats on the 319 are far superior to the old ones on the 739, especially on a transcon.
Except normal sized people can't have their trays open in the F seats on 319. Bring back the 739 F seats ...or better yet, 752 lie-flats on transcons.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Except normal sized people can't have their trays open in the F seats on 319. Bring back the 739 F seats ...or better yet, 752 lie-flats on transcons.
Not sure what "normal size" means but I'm a fair amount bigger than my version of normal and I was in 2F on a 319 yesterday with no trouble using my MacBook Pro on the tray table for my flight.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:35 pm

I really don’t understand. The 739 pitch in F is the shortest of them all, and then the 319s and 320s have a few more inches width to boot and better underseat storage than the 739. Flatbed on any AC is a whole other league, of course.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
I really don’t understand. The 739 pitch in F is the shortest of them all, and then the 319s and 320s have a few more inches width to boot and better underseat storage than the 739. Flatbed on any AC is a whole other league, of course.
I'll take the new F seats in the 319/320's over the F seats of the 739, new or old, any day of the week
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Not sure what "normal size" means but I'm a fair amount bigger than my version of normal and I was in 2F on a 319 yesterday with no trouble using my MacBook Pro on the tray table for my flight.
Yup. I'm not a fan of these seats from a comfort perspective, but one of the benefits of the limited recline is that you don't have to worry that the seatback in front of you will come crashing down on your laptop.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
The tray table impinges a bit upon large 'tummies' in the updated F seats. The distance from seat back to tray edge is reduced compared to the old F seat.

Last edited by fumje; Jun 25, 2020 at 6:26 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by fumje
The tray table impinges can upon large 'tummies' in the updated F seats. The distance from seat back to tray edge is reduced compared to the old F seat.
Ah, so that's why Kirby has introduced his Kutbacks especially in Domestic F - "No (fresh) food for you" means that you'll be healthier and fitter by simply not eating.

David

p.s. That being said, I prefer the new Airbus F seats to any seat in UA's 73x fleet.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Ah, so that's why Kirby has introduced his Kutbacks especially in Domestic F - "No (fresh) food for you" means that you'll be healthier and fitter by simply not eating.

David

p.s. That being said, I prefer the new Airbus F seats to any seat in UA's 73x fleet.
I've long said we should view the catering updates over the past several years as investments in our health! If you make the breakfast sandwich atrocious enough, I will decide I don't need second breakfast.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Sometimes I'm not so sure if Seatguru is accurate. I have not flown on the relatively new 12 seat A319 in F -- are 1A and 1F good for legroom or is it restricted? Is the window misaligned? Does anyone have cabin photos of this row as I can't find them anywhere. Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2020, 3:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by demkr
Sometimes I'm not so sure if Seatguru is accurate. I have not flown on the relatively new 12 seat A319 in F -- are 1A and 1F good for legroom or is it restricted? Is the window misaligned? Does anyone have cabin photos of this row as I can't find them anywhere. Thanks!
It's not misaligned and the legroom isn't restricted. It's very similar to the A-320 row 1.
demkr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.