Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All UA A319s have have been converted to 12F configuration

FIRST CLASS CABIN
All A319s have the 'new' UA first class seat. There are 12 first class seats on the A319. Stated pitch is 37" and the width is 21”. The seat recline on the A319 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

ECONOMY PLUS Section – ROWS 7-21
Row 7 is the best row. Like on the A320, Row 7 has plenty of room plus the bulkhead does not extend all the way down to the floor, allowing you to store bags and your feet under Row 2.

21BC and 21DE do have an extra inch or two of legroom to allow folks to get to the Window Exit, but it is not nearly as generous as Row 20 and Row 21 on the A320.

Rows 8-12 have 35" of legroom and 18" width.

ECONOMY CLASS Section – ROWS 22-35
Pitch is very tight at (30"), but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Wifi: Ku band wifi is installed on all A319s. Ku band wifi is the international wifi which enables internet access for the rare A319 trip outside of the lower 48.
Entertainment: Personal device entertainment is installed on all A319s. Make sure you have the latest United app loaded on your phone/tablet.
In-Seat Power: Installed in F and E+.

Other
There is a galley and lav at the front of the plane for First-class cabin.
There is a galley and two lavs at the rear of the plane for the economy cabin.

Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
On the CURRENT A320, Row 1 is best for legroom, but the A319 has materially less. I prefer Row 2 or 3 on the A319.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
On a United A319, in domestic First, more comfort (leg room) in ro w 1 (the bulkhead row) or rows 2 or 3? We can pick any row.

I do understand in the bulkhead row, no stowage of personal gear under the seat in front (because, bulkhead). I'm seeing "extra legroom" for the bulkhead row, but wonder if that just means extra knee-room or full leg extension (and actually less space to fully extend the legs).

Thanks.
Like every bulkhead in F, it's a personal choice.

Row 1 will have substantially less room at foot level (where another row you can reach you feet all the way to the mount bar of the next seat) and substantially more room at knee and head level.

If you value the full extension of your legs, never pick a recliner bulkhead row (except 753 1AB).
SPN Lifer, nwflyboy and Kacee like this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:23 am

Anyone have thoughts on whether (non-bulkhead) aisle or window in F has wider underseat storage? From pictures/videos, looks like the area under the aisle seat might be wider? Also curious if folks end up storing stuff in the middle section (hard to tell whom, if anyone, that belongs to). Thanks in advance.

Last edited by KE81; Mar 7, 2023 at 11:13 am
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:49 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by KE81
Anyone have thought on whether (non-bulkhead) aisle or window has wider underseat storage? From pictures/videos, looks like the area under the aisle seat might be wider? Also curious if folks end up storing stuff in the middle section (hard to tell whom, if anyone, that belongs to). Thanks in advance.
I assume you're talking about F? If so, the window has larger space. As for the middle underseat space - I consider that a no-go.
SPN Lifer and KE81 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:56 am

Yes, thanks—edited my post to clarify I was asking about F. Appreciate the intel, and agree that the middle section should be a no-go.
United747 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I can't remember how the seat and rack configurations vary between aircraft, but IME there is usually one person who has plenty of space for a bag and the other with a seat strut right in the middle. The pax without decent bag space gets the middle - at least that's the etiquette in my mind. In practice, I sit in the window and my bag is often behind my legs.
KE81 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by findark
I can't remember how the seat and rack configurations vary between aircraft, but IME there is usually one person who has plenty of space for a bag and the other with a seat strut right in the middle.
That bad design is on the Boeing planes. I assume because they are narrower it has to be different.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
That bad design is on the Boeing planes. I assume because they are narrower it has to be different.
Naw - they're just not Airbus.

David
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
The issue is the seat design and the placement of the AV boxes. It's not dependent on the aircraft (as any frequent AA F flyer can attest).
SPN Lifer and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Flew on a refreshed A319 for the first time. I was looking good to try one of the new F seats with the small headrest wings until I got bumped down the list a couple spots for CPU. I ended up sitting in 7A. United still left some room to put a bag under the hard divider but it's extremely narrow. They could have moved the literature pocket a couple inches up and added that to the base. I think this will reduce the people who can store their bags under it. The new LED lighting in the plane and reading lights, and the sideways rollaboard bins are nice. Every seat now has the new IFE that allows BT pairing and has USB-A and USB-C ports. The bulkhead seats have the screen attached to the front divider. I guess DL did one better than UA and put a new futuristic passenger services pod above the seat, but is too easy to push the FA call button. United reduced costs by just replacing reading bulbs to LED which is improvement. Economy seats are fine and appear to have decent padding although upright they seem to lack lumbar, reclining a bit helps.

United747 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.