Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All UA A319s have have been converted to 12F configuration

FIRST CLASS CABIN
All A319s have the 'new' UA first class seat. There are 12 first class seats on the A319. Stated pitch is 37" and the width is 21”. The seat recline on the A319 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

ECONOMY PLUS Section – ROWS 7-21
Row 7 is the best row. Like on the A320, Row 7 has plenty of room plus the bulkhead does not extend all the way down to the floor, allowing you to store bags and your feet under Row 2.

21BC and 21DE do have an extra inch or two of legroom to allow folks to get to the Window Exit, but it is not nearly as generous as Row 20 and Row 21 on the A320.

Rows 8-12 have 35" of legroom and 18" width.

ECONOMY CLASS Section – ROWS 22-35
Pitch is very tight at (30"), but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Wifi: Ku band wifi is installed on all A319s. Ku band wifi is the international wifi which enables internet access for the rare A319 trip outside of the lower 48.
Entertainment: Personal device entertainment is installed on all A319s. Make sure you have the latest United app loaded on your phone/tablet.
In-Seat Power: Installed in F and E+.

Other
There is a galley and lav at the front of the plane for First-class cabin.
There is a galley and two lavs at the rear of the plane for the economy cabin.

Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Is it just me, or is the E+ bulkhead (row 7) roomier on the A320 vs A319?

Other random question: is the window armrest in row 7 (left of 7A, right of 7F) supposed to be in a fixed position? On one recent flight I could move it, on another I couldn't - and I can't remember what it's been like in the past. (I have a suspicion that it's not supposed to move, and I just came across one "broken" armrest. Note: there was definitely no button/pin on the non-moving armrest, i.e. it was different from the aisle armrests on normal Recaro seats.)
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by televisor
Is it just me, or is the E+ bulkhead (row 7) roomier on the A320 vs A319?...
Agree, especially on the slimseat versions.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:10 am

United A319 cabin tour

Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:13 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Appreciate you posting these, but perhaps you can just add them to the existing seating threads; if needed links can be added to the wiki posts.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-threads.html
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Appreciate you posting these, but perhaps you can just add them to the existing seating threads; if needed links can be added to the wiki posts.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-threads.html

I haven't been a member long enough or posted enough to edit Wikis yet. I plan to once I can.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:38 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Other members with more than 90 posts can update the wikis or one of the UA Forum mods can if you reach out to them.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 2MM
With the new slimline seats in the A319, and with 21A/F now having a seat in front of them, what seat provides more legroom and comfort: 7A/F or 21A/F? Do 21A/F have arm rests on the door side?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Agree, especially on the slimseat versions.
I flew in row 7 on an A319 with new first recently - and it seems they've moved the divider forward. I felt like I had exactly the same amount of space as on an A320 the previous week, and the gap between row 2 and the divider looked ridiculously small: enough space for jackets to hang, but barely any recline space (whereas the A320 has tons of space between the back of row 3 and the divider).

That may just be a one-off aircraft, and not a fleetwide occurence though. I don't fly enough A319s to make meaningful comparisons.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by televisor
the gap between row 2 and the divider looked ridiculously small: enough space for jackets to hang, but barely any recline space (whereas the A320 has tons of space between the back of row 3 and the divider).

That may just be a one-off aircraft, and not a fleetwide occurence though. I don't fly enough A319s to make meaningful comparisons.
The new domestic F seat on the airbus does that slide thing so it doesn't need as much recline space.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Any recent advice on the 319s? Been a while since I've flown in F on one. Have a choice of all of Row 1 or 2F. 5' 11", so I guess it's a choice between bulkhead or last choice of meal ha.

Thanks.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by CaptKornDog
Any recent advice on the 319s? Been a while since I've flown in F on one. Have a choice of all of Row 1 or 2F. 5' 11", so I guess it's a choice between bulkhead or last choice of meal ha.

Thanks.
When I looked last weekend the bulkhead seemed to be at "normal" distance and not the horror story that was the original installation. But with slide-forward recline I think I would definitely go with 2F (and indeed that's where I was). It helps I've never missed a first choice meal though (including when not 1K)
Old May 24, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by findark
When I looked last weekend the bulkhead seemed to be at "normal" distance and not the horror story that was the original installation. But with slide-forward recline I think I would definitely go with 2F (and indeed that's where I was). It helps I've never missed a first choice meal though (including when not 1K)
Ah didn't take into consideration the slide-forward bit now, haven't run into it yet on an Airbus. Thanks for the suggestion, will snag 2F, I agree.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:29 pm

United A319 economy vs economy plus

Hello,

I'll be flying a night flight from SFO-PHL (UA 384) with my wife and kids. It is not a short flight (5+ hours) and I've heard the United flights are usually packed and even average people have very limited leg room. Is that true? If so, do you think it is work adding ~$60 per ticket to upgrade to premium economy? Is the difference that dramatic? Or it's not that meaningful?

Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:50 pm

If you can get row 7 or row 21 then the legroom difference is dramatic. I'm average height and I'd still go for it. The difference is not that dramatic for the other economy plus rows but it still may nice if you are tall. Personally, I'd only go for row 7 or row 21.

Note, there is no service difference between economy and economy plus.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:20 pm

7/21 are more expensive ~$80 per ticket. Plus, is it an exit row? I mean, I'll be traveling with young kids (youngest is 2.5 years old). I usually fly economy with family (business for work). I'm fine with economy. I just heard that United tend to make leg room very limited in economy. Is that the case here? Or, it's not that big of a difference (beside 7 and 21). I'm not too high (5'10")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.