Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All UA A319s have have been converted to 12F configuration

FIRST CLASS CABIN
All A319s have the 'new' UA first class seat. There are 12 first class seats on the A319. Stated pitch is 37" and the width is 21”. The seat recline on the A319 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

ECONOMY PLUS Section – ROWS 7-21
Row 7 is the best row. Like on the A320, Row 7 has plenty of room plus the bulkhead does not extend all the way down to the floor, allowing you to store bags and your feet under Row 2.

21BC and 21DE do have an extra inch or two of legroom to allow folks to get to the Window Exit, but it is not nearly as generous as Row 20 and Row 21 on the A320.

Rows 8-12 have 35" of legroom and 18" width.

ECONOMY CLASS Section – ROWS 22-35
Pitch is very tight at (30"), but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Wifi: Ku band wifi is installed on all A319s. Ku band wifi is the international wifi which enables internet access for the rare A319 trip outside of the lower 48.
Entertainment: Personal device entertainment is installed on all A319s. Make sure you have the latest United app loaded on your phone/tablet.
In-Seat Power: Installed in F and E+.

Other
There is a galley and lav at the front of the plane for First-class cabin.
There is a galley and two lavs at the rear of the plane for the economy cabin.

Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BThumme
Just flew seat 21A onboard N804UA for the long haul ORD-SAN. It was one of the best experiences I've had in Y, and I'm a bigger guy. IMO it's much better then the bulkhead - the bulkhead doesn't go down to the bottom, but your view is of the bulkhead itself, and no tray table for the bulkhead.

The exit row was spacious, and had a tray table, and was a great seat for the 3.5 hour trip.
I don't usually fly the 319 due to upgrade chances, but I will not hesitate to get on this plane again if I can confirm that seat.
Good to know since we are stuck with flying on that plane on an incoming trip and the chances of upgrade are 0. First booked 6/8 two weeks out. My wife and I have aisle seats on Row 21. The other planes flying to our destination two hours away were not any better and the connection times to them were not convenient anyways.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jul 30, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Row 21 is definitely the way to go

Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
Row 21 is definitely the way to go

The shorter seat pan for the window and middle swat are very clear in that pic
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Never noticed that until you pointed it out. Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
My back hurts just looking at them.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:48 am

Does anyone have a picture of row 7 on the slimmer A319? Trying to decide between row 7 or 21. Want as much leg room as possible
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Tealy13
Does anyone have a picture of row 7 on the slimmer A319? Trying to decide between row 7 or 21. Want as much leg room as possible
Row 21

David
Old May 21, 2019, 11:49 am

Are the overhead bins in J (Rows 1 and 2) big enough for a standard 20" roller-suitcase? Or will they force me to valet check it?

Thank you
Old May 21, 2019, 1:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Are the overhead bins in J (Rows 1 and 2) big enough for a standard 20" roller-suitcase? Or will they force me to valet check it?
Thank you
Yes, assuming you fit the UA sizer. They are same depth and height as the rest of the aircraft but there is less bin space for Row 1 on UA's A3xx -- part of the space (width) is used for the safety demonstration and other items. But generally, there is enough space for first class bags.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Do A320-series aircraft taper less at the nose, or is it just the extra width? My bag will have trouble fitting in the first bin on a UA 737 because the body is tapering so the bin is shorter, but I had no issue on a recent flight on an NK 321. Can't remember how it fits on UA Airbus as it's been a while since I've flown one.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
Do A320-series aircraft taper less at the nose, or is it just the extra width? My bag will have trouble fitting in the first bin on a UA 737 because the body is tapering so the bin is shorter, but I had no issue on a recent flight on an NK 321. Can't remember how it fits on UA Airbus as it's been a while since I've flown one.
I'm not quite sure how to conceptualise the taper vs the width, but there's no difference between row 1 and row 2 on UA's A3x.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by fumje
I'm not quite sure how to conceptualise the taper vs the width, but there's no difference between row 1 and row 2 on UA's A3x.
The A320 is also a bit (a few inches I think?) winder than the 737 overall.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
The A320 is also a bit (a few inches I think?) winder than the 737 overall.
Without any research I think you're right about that, but I'm unsure how all that should be accounted. I guess I'd say it's both? The taper is less severe, and the width is wider, and ultimately the bins are uniformly sized.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:57 pm

UA A319
Row 7A, 8A, or 21A/C?
Approximately slim 6'2'' w/ small carry on. EWR-ATL: ~2.5 hr flight

Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by risenmyth
UA A319
Row 7A, 8A, or 21A/C?
Approximately slim 6'2'' w/ small carry on. EWR-ATL: ~2.5 hr flight
7A, unconditionally. Unless you desperately need an aisle 7A and 7F are the best seats in Economy.
drewguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.