Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All UA A319s have have been converted to 12F configuration

FIRST CLASS CABIN
All A319s have the 'new' UA first class seat. There are 12 first class seats on the A319. Stated pitch is 37" and the width is 21”. The seat recline on the A319 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

ECONOMY PLUS Section – ROWS 7-21
Row 7 is the best row. Like on the A320, Row 7 has plenty of room plus the bulkhead does not extend all the way down to the floor, allowing you to store bags and your feet under Row 2.

21BC and 21DE do have an extra inch or two of legroom to allow folks to get to the Window Exit, but it is not nearly as generous as Row 20 and Row 21 on the A320.

Rows 8-12 have 35" of legroom and 18" width.

ECONOMY CLASS Section – ROWS 22-35
Pitch is very tight at (30"), but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Wifi: Ku band wifi is installed on all A319s. Ku band wifi is the international wifi which enables internet access for the rare A319 trip outside of the lower 48.
Entertainment: Personal device entertainment is installed on all A319s. Make sure you have the latest United app loaded on your phone/tablet.
In-Seat Power: Installed in F and E+.

Other
There is a galley and lav at the front of the plane for First-class cabin.
There is a galley and two lavs at the rear of the plane for the economy cabin.

Related thread: Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A319

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K
or check this thread...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...us-a319-9.html
Old May 20, 2012, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Related thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...us-merged.html
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:43 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Mr. Ericka and I are in F on an A319.

We have a choice of 1EF or any seat in row 2. We understand the potential first row legroom issue but seatguru shows row 2 as having limited recline. Is it really limited, though? Isn't that just a flexible curtain behind there?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Row 2 recline isn't limited in my experience, though it is a hard barrier wall between F and Y and not a flexy thing like NW had on the A319/320 (haven't flown DL since it eated NW).
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:04 pm

It's never been a problem for me, I actually used to try to get the last row since I could recline without getting in somebody's lap. The coats go on coat hangers behind these seats, so depending on how many of there are there and how comfortable are you about reclining your seat into them, you may or may not like the seat. The limited leg space in the first row is real - I would avoid it.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:20 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Row 2 it is! Thanks, guys.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:24 pm

Can anyone tell me, if I'm sitting in seat 21B, exit row economy plus, can I get to the aisle easily without requiring the aisle passenger to move their tray table and stand up?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Now that the rows are renumbered like pmCO ...

If I'm in row 21 on an A319 and it gets swapped to an A320, does the bump back to E- still happen?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Now that the rows are renumbered like pmCO ...

If I'm in row 21 on an A319 and it gets swapped to an A320, does the bump back to E- still happen?
The rows are standardized now, so you should be kept in your assigned seat on an upgauge. That being said, you never know what SHARES will do yo your res when a change happens. I'd monitor the res to make sure there are no shenanigans.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
The rows are standardized now, so you should be kept in your assigned seat on an upgauge. That being said, you never know what SHARES will do yo your res when a change happens. I'd monitor the res to make sure there are no shenanigans.
I'll keep an eye on it, but glad to hear that's a problem that's been "solved" by Continentalization. (I like that word.) I'm on the 319 EWR-SFO, and boy oh boy, do I NOT want to be in the back of the bus for that. I'm actually quite surprised to see the short bus on that route.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: UA Silver; WN; Marriott; SPG; Hilton; IHG; National; TSA Pre; Clear
Airbus 319- Question on F seats

I would like to know which F seats are better on the Airbus 319. 1A, 1B or 2A, 2B?
SeatGuru says that 1A & 1B have a cutout in bulkhead. Is the cutout ample size? 2A & 2B have reduced recline. How much reduced recline?
I am booking award travel with a companion, and I've never flown F in the 319.
Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Really this one is a personal preference item.

Some feel constricted in the bulkhead, others think it's fine. Some notice the recline limitation in Row 2 in the A319 more than others.

My complaint about Row 2 is that the hang coats behind it. If it's winter, coats can be bulky. That can be a nuisance.

Generally, however, I prefer Row 2 over Row 1 if it's the flight is on the longer side. Otherwise I would take Row 1 AB side. I would avoid 1 EF at all costs.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Silver; WN; Marriott; SPG; Hilton; IHG; National; TSA Pre; Clear
Originally Posted by channa
Really this one is a personal preference item.

Some feel constricted in the bulkhead, others think it's fine. Some notice the recline limitation in Row 2 in the A319 more than others.

My complaint about Row 2 is that the hang coats behind it. If it's winter, coats can be bulky. That can be a nuisance.

Generally, however, I prefer Row 2 over Row 1 if it's the flight is on the longer side. Otherwise I would take Row 1 AB side. I would avoid 1 EF at all costs.
Thanks. We will be flying SFO-MCO in Nov, so I don't expect the coats behind Row 2 will be too bulky. I also like underseat storage, so I'm leaning towards Row 2.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rwmiller56
Thanks. We will be flying SFO-MCO in Nov, so I don't expect the coats behind Row 2 will be too bulky. I also like underseat storage, so I'm leaning towards Row 2.
I would endorse your choice for the reasons mentioned by channa.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 2:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rwmiller56
The choice IMO is under-seat storage versus someone reclining into your space.
If under-seat storage is going to be used then leg-space is not likely a big issue.
I have not found the recline for Row 2 to be an issue but prefer no one reclining into my space hence prefer 1AB (no issues on leg-space IMO) however avoid 1EF if at all possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.