Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Please note that special rules apply to this thread given some of the recent arguments in this thread. I would like to draw your attention to the FT Rules, in particular about personal attacks, off topic and disruptive posts and discussing moderator action. From now on every rules violation in this thread will lead to immediate suspensions of posting privileges, no further warnings will be issued. These might be temporary or permanent. Should this not calm the situation down the thread will be closed down permanently.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Istanbul New Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
The only area where the progress looks very slow is the shopping / duty free area behind passport control....
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mellon
OK I guess I don't need to worry this airport will not open in October.
It will "open" but I highly doubt it will be ready to transfer operations at that point.
They will just open it to say they opened it on time but Ataturk will still be used for a few more months it looks like.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:24 am

The name for the new airport has already leaked.. I wish they stayed with Atatürk..
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Mict
It will "open" but I highly doubt it will be ready to transfer operations at that point.
They will just open it to say they opened it on time but Ataturk will still be used for a few more months it looks like.
...maybe you have to add, that is your own opinion and just speculation and not an official statement.
northernstar84 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by northernstar84
The only area where the progress looks very slow is the shopping / duty free area behind passport control....
I think in this area the progress can be made easily, because the retailers are traditionally used to be quick in opening shops. This is my smallest concern...
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:19 am

Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:54 am

Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Exotic
The name for the new airport has already leaked.. I wish they stayed with Atatürk..
What is the name?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Sedat Guzel
This is my smallest concern...
So you finally started having concerns now? ;-)
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by amigoflyer
So you finally started having concerns now? ;-)
My concerns are not about to finish or commission on time. There will be difficulties in the beginning, what I think its natural for a project on this scale. It will be hopefully a soft opening and the equivalent move will be accurate.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by edisg
What is the name?
Fenerbahce Airport
ajamieson and Sinter like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus LH Senator (yes, two *A programs. Go figure)
Originally Posted by Exotic
Seriously, what is the name? I did quick search and people are saying "Erdogan"? Is this true?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:49 am

No idea if true but there is a twitter comment from September 8th which says;
"HaberTürk columnist says new Istanbul airport to be named after Abdülhamid II, a Sultan admired by Turkish Islamists for tearing up the constitution, battling secular nationalists, losing the Balkans etc."
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by potjernik
Seriously, what is the name? I did quick search and people are saying "Erdogan"? Is this true?
Abdulhamit Han. A sultan who lost the most of Turkeys ground is chosen over Atatürk who saved the most ground. They are erasing the name Atatürk from everything all over the country and giving them sultan names. A lot of Turks are upset over it.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.