Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Please note that special rules apply to this thread given some of the recent arguments in this thread. I would like to draw your attention to the FT Rules, in particular about personal attacks, off topic and disruptive posts and discussing moderator action. From now on every rules violation in this thread will lead to immediate suspensions of posting privileges, no further warnings will be issued. These might be temporary or permanent. Should this not calm the situation down the thread will be closed down permanently.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Istanbul New Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by potjernik
So.... please don't trash me, but I just need to ask....... I was chatting yesterday in Istanbul with my friend who lives there and he told me that many planes will be transported to INA over the roads. I was like "whaaat? I did not hear that??!", but he was convinced. I tried to search around on web, could not find any reference to moving the planes over to INA over ground. Is he crazy? And me, for even considering that?
What you have head from you dear friend is pure BS!...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:13 pm

“One month before the grand opening, on September 28, the second phase training for employees of airlines, ground services, and other relevant companies will take place. As part of the ORAT (Operational Readiness and Airport Transfer) process, 28,200 people will receive field training that covers familiarisation with the airside, terminal, and luggage services, including ramp licenses. If classroom-based training is included, nearly 53,000 people will have been trained.”
http://tradearabia.com/touch/article/TTN/344838
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah that is a great and accurate article, "Prime Minister Binali Yildirm.................."
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
Yeah that is a great and accurate article, "Prime Minister Binali Yildirm.................."
Ahahaha!!!

This Trade Arabia isn't even aware that there's no more of a political position as "Prime Ministry" in this country since June 24th.

For the worse, they indirectly indicate that the opening ceremony will not be attended by President Erdogan, which can only be possible if he will either pass away or may be in fully decapacitied position (in the medical sense) at the given date. Great fortune tellers, future readers, you Trade Arabia!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:32 pm

Yıldırım Bilali is past, and TAV in Istanbul Atatürk will also be past in few weeks...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:55 pm

Good morning ☀️
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Sedat Guzel
Yıldırım Bilali is past, and TAV in Istanbul Atatürk will also be past in few weeks...
Sedat, I suggest that you do what you are good at: copy-pasting images from Instagram and other social media sources and post them here!

First: Atatürk Airport will not cease to exist in a couple of weeks, because:
1) All-cargo operations will have to be carried out from Atatürk, as INA will not be ready for these. (I estimate a minimum of 6 months, after the alleged opening date on 29th. October)
2) Turkish Technic's maintenance base will remain at Atatürk for an even longer period, until THY's facilities at the New Airport can be finished: best estimated date, mid to end of 2020.
3) TAV will remain at Atatürk Airport at least until their contracts' expiry date (Jan 2020), because they are also handling the General Aviation Terminal over there and IGA currently has no solid plans to accomodate a General Aviation Terminal at INA for some unknown period of time.

I have some other pre-mature predictions about TAV's presence in Istanbul, but I'd rather not quote these here, at the moment!
amigoflyer likes this.

Last edited by mafaky; Sep 7, 2018 at 12:41 am
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by mafaky
Sedat, I suggest that you do what you are good at: copy-pasting images from Instagram and other social media sources and post them here!

First: Atatürk Airport will not cease to exist in a couple of weeks, because:
1) All-cargo operations will have to be carried out from Atatürk, as INA will not be ready for these. (I estimate a minimum of 6 months, after the alleged opening date on 29th. October)
2) Turkish Technic's maintenance base will remain at Atatürk for an even longer period, until THY's facilities at the New Airport can be finished: best estimated date, mid to end of 2020.
3) TAV will remain at Atatürk Airport at least until their contracts' expiry date (Jan 2020), because they are also handling the General Aviation Terminal over there and IGA currently has no solid plans to accomodate a General Aviation Terminal at INA for some unknown period of time.

I have some other pre-mature predictions about TAV's presence in Istanbul, but I'd rather not quote these here, at the moment!

ÜÇÜNCÜ HAVALİMANI 29 EKİM’DE AÇILACAK

İstanbul 3’üncü Havalimanı’nın açılışı ve işletmecisi oldukları İstanbul Yeşilköy Havalimanı’nın ne olacağı yönündeki soruları da yanıtlayan Sani Şener, “Üçüncü Havalimanı için açık, şeffaf bir ihale yapıldı. Açık artırmayla yapıldı, ancak 1 milyar Euro yıllık kira ödemek bize çok pahalı geldi. Onun için biz çekildik. Alan arkadaşlarımız şu anda devam ediyor. 29 Ekim’de açılacak. Açılınca Atatürk Havalimanı kapanacak. Ama bizim 2021 yılına kadar süremiz var. Ama yüzde 25 artı KDV’yi yani 800 milyon doları biz 2007’de peşin ödediğimiz için iki yıllık kaybımızı devlet karşılıyor. Onu ihaleden önce bize bildirdiler zaten. Onun için yapacak bir şey yok zaten.

https://www.airlinehaber.com/sani-se...imde-acilacak/
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This video makes it look like everthing is ready... the other pictures you post paint a completely different picture...
starflyergold and mafaky like this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:52 am

ÜÇÜNCÜ HAVALİMANI 29 EKİM’DE AÇILACAK

İstanbul 3’üncü Havalimanı’nın açılışı ve işletmecisi oldukları İstanbul Yeşilköy Havalimanı’nın ne olacağı yönündeki soruları da yanıtlayan Sani Şener, “Üçüncü Havalimanı için açık, şeffaf bir ihale yapıldı. Açık artırmayla yapıldı, ancak 1 milyar Euro yıllık kira ödemek bize çok pahalı geldi. Onun için biz çekildik. Alan arkadaşlarımız şu anda devam ediyor. 29 Ekim’de açılacak. Açılınca Atatürk Havalimanı kapanacak. Ama bizim 2021 yılına kadar süremiz var. Ama yüzde 25 artı KDV’yi yani 800 milyon doları biz 2007’de peşin ödediğimiz için iki yıllık kaybımızı devlet karşılıyor. Onu ihaleden önce bize bildirdiler zaten. Onun için yapacak bir şey yok zaten.

https://www.airlinehaber.com/sani-se...imde-acilacak/
Sedat, I well know that TAV will emain at AHL until some day in Jan. 2021 and will still operate the General Aviation Terminal & Carpark. They will not operate the Domestic & International Terminals and the associated Carpark, once INA declares to be fully operational. They will be compensated for their and third parties' losses (until the termination of their Contract) by the State. Sadi Şener's words describe the overall situation but he has not referred to GA side.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
This video makes it look like everthing is ready... the other pictures you post paint a completely different picture...
In the video(s) and other photos you will mostly (if not only) see "finished" quarters from B-Gates (PB3 Pier), because the rest are still under construction and installation. Many things are indeed finished, but not all...
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Over 95% is completed. They have to work to the last minute.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:48 am

Still work to do...

Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:52 am

... but many parts are almost ready!

northernstar84 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by mafaky
Ahahaha!!!

This Trade Arabia isn't even aware that there's no more of a political position as "Prime Ministry" in this country since June 24th.

For the worse, they indirectly indicate that the opening ceremony will not be attended by President Erdogan, which can only be possible if he will either pass away or may be in fully decapacitied position (in the medical sense) at the given date. Great fortune tellers, future readers, you Trade Arabia!
Istanbul New Airport said that an official opening ceremony would take place on October 29, the 95th anniversary of the Republic of Turkey, attended by parliamentary speaker Binali Yıldırım and other state officials.
07 / 09 / 2018
https://www.aircargonews.net/news/ai...ctober-31.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.