Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by RolfD
I just got an elite miles and more status match. i have a general question, what is considered a international flight with TK e.g. TXL-IST-TXL will be consider an international flight?
yes.. that is an international flight. A national flight (domestic) would be a flight within Turkey
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
yes.. that is an international flight. A national flight (domestic) would be a flight within Turkey
it is an specific fare in order to achieve the international flight? or does the eco fare will suffice ?

Thank you for your answer!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by RolfD
it is an specific fare in order to achieve the international flight? or does the eco fare will suffice ?

Thank you for your answer!
as far as I know any type of fare (except an award ticket) counts.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by toastedcafe

as far as I know any type of fare (except an award ticket) counts.
Thank you for the information.. IST here I go!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Do I use this form to request a match or is there something specific ? There's not a 'Status Match' option in their standard feedback/contact us form.

https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/index.tkf?lang=en
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Do I use this form to request a match or is there something specific ? There's not a 'Status Match' option in their standard feedback/contact us form.

https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/index.tkf?lang=en
You need a copy of your actual card, mileage statement and a copy of your government issued ID
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Thanks but which form do I use or which subject options do I use at the link ? Its not clear at all.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:28 pm

Thanks but which form do I use or which subject options do I use at the link ? Its not clear at all.
you have to use the link and load all the information using the link. I waited 7 days to get an answer

Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:48 pm

cheers
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Excellent post!
gretchendz likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by craigthemif
This form can be found at https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/index.tkf?lang=en
gretchendz and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:48 pm

I hope someone can help me with this question: I have Gold status through Thai Airways (Star Alliance member) and I am flying on Turkish Airline economy class in 30 days from now, is there any chance for seat upgrade or at least exit row ...?

Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Update:
There were some questions earlier of whether tiers achieved using the regular criteria during a trial period would be honored. I have evidence to support that we can earn tiers per the regular mileage requirements during the trial period.

I failed to fly on any TK metal during my trial period. I ended up flying ~38k miles on other Star Alliance partners. My status has been downgraded to Classic Plus with a validity of 2 years and I'm showing that I'm only 2k miles away from achieving Elite again.

Some interesting learnings along the way: I earned 5k miles before the match. During the trial period, after flying 33k more miles, my dashboard showed only 33k status miles (38-5k) counting towards my next tier. That means that only miles after my upgraded/matched status were to count. Once the trial ended, however, all of the status miles are now counting towards attaining the next status level. Also nice to see that miles earned were immediately reflected at the end of the trial. Rather than losing all status, I immediately achieved Classic Plus status.
I've now received my monthly statement and it further confirms that the 12 month 40k target will apply now that I've rolled off the trial period. It also shows the full 38k miles applying to that period. I probably won't fly the needed 2k miles until June, and I'll confirm then if I end up with Elite.

Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Does anyone know how strict is TK on the 4-month deadline for maintaining the initial match? Had a match on 7th Feb, and I might be flying TK around 14th Jun... Is the deadline for taking the flight 7th of June, or end of June (which is the expiry date of the status)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.