Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Thank you

Just wanted to jump on and say thanks to those of you who loyally and helpfully post here. Following the great directions in this forum, I was able to get a status match of my Delta Platinum status quickly and easily.
craigthemif, vytas315 and RolfD like this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Just complete my international round trip with TK/THY how long it does take for Miles and smiles to update the information and to receive the welcome package?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Well I have a TK J trip booked for May for 16k status miles and an other for September.
I find the 30kg luggage allowance miserable, thus immediate status match might help to check in 50kg.
I also plan a September Y trip good for 12k miles where IST lounge access might help: 4h on return segment, trip to Canada 2 bags in Y no issue.
That's 44k miles until end September which will get me Elite anyway, just would like to get it faster.
Submitted a status match request QR gold, curious.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Finally got around to applying. Fingers crossed for Elite Plus and no challenge :-)
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Finally got around to applying. Fingers crossed for Elite Plus and no challenge :-)
you will only get Elite. THY/TK does not match elite plus
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
QR gold is OWS, TK only matches OWE, thus no go for me. Will earn 32K miles by end of September.
Leaves me undecided for a *A BRU-YUL: maybe AC in PE at 125% miles, don't fancy TK BRU-IST-YUL, too long a trip, I might do it for the 12K in Y miles but, LX via ZRH maybe?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Have read through about the first 10 and last 5 pages of this pretty epic thread. Kudos to the trailblazers who had to deal with lots of back and forth at the beginning.

I've recently been given the status challenge and noticed my wording is slightly different again from what I've read above, it states (bolding mine):

Welcome to Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Program. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realized for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulated from Turkish Airlines international flights at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years. There is an oppotunity to earn extra %50 status miles from your first business class flight in the trial period.
Has anyone else received similar wording re: the business class flight, or taken advantage of it?

I have an upcoming trip in Y which should get me across the first int'l flight, and have booked a trip in J (K fare bucket, HEL-IST-ORD JFK-IST-HEL), both within the first 4 months.
I'm guessing that I'll probably only earn +50% on the first leg of that, which would bring me to 24,901 status miles, which seems to be just shy of the magic 25k - but any other experience would be great.

Also, it seems random as to when you receive the elite card in the post - but I'm guessing after the first flight? Was hoping to use some *A lounges in LHR, anyone have any access getting in w/ the first flight in the challenge period just w/ a boarding pass, or should I try and ask TK for a physical card?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Also, it seems random as to when you receive the elite card in the post - but I'm guessing after the first flight? Was hoping to use some *A lounges in LHR, anyone have any access getting in w/ the first flight in the challenge period just w/ a boarding pass, or should I try and ask TK for a physical card?
Good luck with the challenge! I remember getting the card (with a four month expiry) quite soon after being matched and getting the challenge. I’ve only ever used the LH lounge at LHR and they have always asked to see the physical card.

I suggest you tweet the TK help desk as they should be able to advise you on delivery times. If you are flying to IST it is possible to collect a card from the M&S desk by check in Zone A (from memory) who will print one there and then for you in less than a minute. But you need to enter Turkey for that and you might need an e-visa depending on your citizenship.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by CoweyB

Good luck with the challenge! I remember getting the card (with a four month expiry) quite soon after being matched and getting the challenge. I’ve only ever used the LH lounge at LHR and they have always asked to see the physical card.

I suggest you tweet the TK help desk as they should be able to advise you on delivery times. If you are flying to IST it is possible to collect a card from the M&S desk by check in Zone A (from memory) who will print one there and then for you in less than a minute. But you need to enter Turkey for that and you might need an e-visa depending on your citizenship.

As I remember, TK printed the cards(Batman vs Superman) near the transfer desk too, in transit zone before the security. Can confirm it on Friday when transiting.
Old May 1, 2018, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB

Thanks. I've got a reply from their Twitter team so will see if that nets me a card. If not I will be in Istanbul in a few weeks, but ideally would be able to use the *A lounge (SQ, AC, LH all look quite good!) at LHR on departure for Istanbul. I've got the digital card in-app but would much rather have the plastic!

Edit: Bah! Hopefully a boarding pass / digital card and my being polite will grant access to one of the *A lounges at LHR!
Hi again, we are sorry for the delayed response. We would like to inform you that your Miles&Smiles membership card will be sent to your address once you fly with Turkish Airlines or any of Star Alliance Member Airlines. Have a nice day.
Edit2: I queried further (as to whether I would be able to use a lounge without the physical card) and got two replies in short succession:
Dear, you may benefit Lounge service at the Heathrow Airport. Star Allianca Lounge, Terminal 2.
Also, thank you for choosing us.

Last edited by pythonisman; May 1, 2018 at 7:10 am
Old May 2, 2018, 2:27 am

After all the back and forth yesterday, I got home and the card / welcome pack was in the mailbox. I don't know what the batman / superman stuff referred to in this thread is specifically (something to do with no expiry date I think?) but mine is 8/18 which is correct.

Will see if the 50% status miles bonus does indeed apply to all business class flights flown during the promo period as advised above...
CoweyB likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: QR Plat
Registered for miles and smiles earlier today and submitted status match request from Qatar Airways Platinum (OW Emerald). Logged in to Turkish frequent flier website around 10 hours later and had been given Elite Status, I did not receive any email or other information.

I submitted:
- Copy of passport
- Photo of Qatar card
- Statement from 1 JAN 2018 until today (3 return flights from Asia to Europe / Middle in J year to date).
Old May 2, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by JC880
Registered for miles and smiles earlier today and submitted status match request from Qatar Airways Platinum (OW Emerald). Logged in to Turkish frequent flier website around 10 hours later and had been given Elite Status, I did not receive any email or other information.
JC880 when you get your email, keep an eye out for the note about the status bonus on J flights in your first 4 months. I assume you will, but would be interested to know
Old May 2, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Thanks pythonisman. Recieved the email, in short:
- Trial period will be valid for 4 months. Within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight needed to extend the card validity date to 1 year.
- If 15.000 status miles accumulated from Turkish Airlines international flights at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more.
- The total validity date will be 2 years.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Hi! Did I understand correctly that UA Gold is not possible to match at the moment?

Seems so according to the wiki and one of the blogs explaining TK status matches. Just double checking in case someone has been successful.

Last edited by Alec84; Jun 6, 2018 at 7:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.