Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by A380 9K

I got the same email then 2 weeks later I got another email from their Guest Relations Department stating the one international flight requirmtnet..etc.
Thanks for that! Do you mind copy and pasting the contents of that email if possible? I need to fly soon and would love to fulfill the requirement
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by thelister
Thanks for that! Do you mind copy and pasting the contents of that email if possible? I need to fly soon and would love to fulfill the requirement
Here it is

Dear

Thank you for your feedback with the number TK-

Elite Status Match was done as per your request in your feedback, and your membership account number TK************* has been shifted to the Elite status. The Elite card trial period is 4 months. Subsequent to the inclusion of an international flight you will perform with Turkish Airlines within the first 4 months following the beginning of your Elite membership in your account, your trial period will be extended for 8 months and regarded valid for one year in total. If you earn 15,000 status miles in Turkish Airlines international line flights in the first year of your Elite membership, your membership will be extended for one year, and it will be valid for two years in total.

The Elite card holder members are entitled to enter the CIP lounges in all domestic and international flights. In addition to this, the companion tickets are 50% discounted and you are entitled to 20 kg extra baggage in Business flights. You are allowed to use the Business class passenger counter for check-in for the domestic and international flights. Besides, the Business class flights earn more status miles.

The Elite card holder members can enjoy the rights equal to the Star Alliance Gold level in the Star Alliance flights. In addition to this, the Elite members are given priority in the baggage delivery, booking, airline waiter lists, and check-in and boarding queues.

For more information, please click on the following link.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
How long time did it take for you to get any feedback from TK, as from the time you requested status match?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by GR15
How long time did it take for you to get any feedback from TK, as from the time you requested status match?
i week in my case BA gold to TK Gold.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: VA WP, UA WP, QF LTNB.
Does anyone have experience matching from Virgin Australia (Platinum)?

Also any problems doing the status match while still *A Gold with United (also obtained via status match haha).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: Turkish Air
Does anyone know a good airline that will match Turkish Airlines Elite Plus. The best part of Elite Plus - the two free upgrades per year are worthless and a huge scam apparently. Quoting my other thread below because the forum won't let me link.

"Last year I went way out of my way to fly on Turkish Airlines to earn Elite Plus because I knew it came with some pretty good perks, most importantly 2 upgrades per year and at least two years of Elite Plus membership. I flew Turkish repeatedly even when they cost more and in lieu of the VASTLY superior Qatar because I knew I would get Elite Plus which would get me four business class tickets for the price of four economy tickets.

Now I decided to use those upgrades. I had my assistant call and find out. They were extremely unhelpful trying to avoid giving her any info because she was "not the card holder" even though she was only asking general questions. Eventually they told her, just call us and check the flights you want to book and we'll tell you if they can be upgraded.

So I called and tried to do that. Now they claim that they will not tell me unless I give them a ticket number. What a convenient scam. I don't want to buy a flight that I cannot upgrade and why would they EVER upgrade a ticket after the fact? It's hard enough to use miles (no availability). This basically means that these "free upgrades" are a lie and a scam. I'm never going to manage to book a flight by random accident that can be "upgraded".

Please tell me there is some kind of work around for this gigantic scam?

To make matters worse one of them told me that they "changed their system in November" to make it "impossible to get this information with a ticket number". "
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite Plus, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by jay49
Does anyone know a good airline that will match Turkish Airlines Elite Plus. The best part of Elite Plus - the two free upgrades per year are worthless and a huge scam apparently. Quoting my other thread below because the forum won't let me link.

"Last year I went way out of my way to fly on Turkish Airlines to earn Elite Plus because I knew it came with some pretty good perks, most importantly 2 upgrades per year and at least two years of Elite Plus membership. I flew Turkish repeatedly even when they cost more and in lieu of the VASTLY superior Qatar because I knew I would get Elite Plus which would get me four business class tickets for the price of four economy tickets.

Now I decided to use those upgrades. I had my assistant call and find out. They were extremely unhelpful trying to avoid giving her any info because she was "not the card holder" even though she was only asking general questions. Eventually they told her, just call us and check the flights you want to book and we'll tell you if they can be upgraded.

So I called and tried to do that. Now they claim that they will not tell me unless I give them a ticket number. What a convenient scam. I don't want to buy a flight that I cannot upgrade and why would they EVER upgrade a ticket after the fact? It's hard enough to use miles (no availability). This basically means that these "free upgrades" are a lie and a scam. I'm never going to manage to book a flight by random accident that can be "upgraded".

Please tell me there is some kind of work around for this gigantic scam?

To make matters worse one of them told me that they "changed their system in November" to make it "impossible to get this information with a ticket number". "
I would like to disagree with you since I got upgraded on 4 TK flights a few days ago. TK E+ certificates are not a scam nor are they worthless. J class availability is limited; thus, it is hard to get upgraded on frequently-flown international routes. Most airlines have their rules regarding complimentary upgrades and it's not always easy to obtain them on long-haul flights. As for your other question, I've been offered a match from TK's Elite/Elite Plus status to UAL's Premier Gold status over the phone two years ago. Otherwise, I'm not aware of any other potential matches. I wish you a better luck on any future TK upgrades.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
Originally Posted by binman

i week in my case BA gold to TK Gold.
Thank you for responce. Hope mine will be successful and as quick.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:30 pm
Suspended

I got my status match in 6 days (from FB Gold) could have been in 3, but i mailed them a screen shot of my virtual FB card and not the physical one. They requested the "real" one which i mailed them and 3 days later my status was changed. So remember a picture of your physical card.
Further more i got all information in regards to prolonging the status (4 month 1 and 2 years) with in 24 hours.

I`m now planning a trip from OSL to YUL i Y which will, as far as i can calculate, net me 15792 status miles and therefore 2 years of Elite and *Gold status for the amount of 5725NOK or 672US$. Not bad in my book.....

Last edited by flyertalker00973; Mar 17, 2019 at 4:36 pm
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I got my status match in 6 days (from FB Gold) could have been in 3, but i mailed them a screen shot of my virtual FB card and not the physical one. They requested the "real" one which i mailed them and 3 days later my status was changed. So remember a picture of your physical card.
Further more i got all information in regards to prolonging the status (4 month 1 and 2 years) with in 24 hours.

I`m now planning a trip from OSL to YUL i Y which will, as far as i can calculate, net me 15792 status miles and therefore 2 years of Elite and *Gold status for the amount of 5725NOK or 672US$. Not bad in my book.....
Is the OSL-IST-YUL ticket in a fare class that gives %100 miles? Be aware of that, Turkish Airlines does not give status miles depending on the route and travel class like Flying Blue. It depends on the fare class as well. In my opinion, as far as I imagine, for a ticket worth $672, they would give %25 of the miles of your itinerary.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:25 am

you should book at least a Q-class ticket. It is likely that $672 ticket would be P, U, or W which would only give you 25% of the flown miles.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:37 am
Suspended

Here is the itinerary and it prices out on Priceline with bookwithmatrix.com
Am I correct in the status miles earnings?
A nother question am entitled to hotel in IST on this itinerary?

Last edited by flyertalker00973; Mar 18, 2019 at 5:28 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:52 am

It is in Y class. Is my calculation right for the status miles? On matrix It states 12632.
Another question will I be allowed hotel in IST?
  • 12,632 total miles

Airport InformationCost per passenger (including taxes & fees)NOkr5,725.00Total cost for 1 passengerNOkr5,725.00

The images you uploaded do not appear on the website.

Y-class is TK's full fare. I really doubt that TK would sell a full-fare ticket from OSL to IST at around $650. Your cabin class on the boarding pass would show Y, but the booking fare is usually different. If you are booking the cheapest flight you are seeing on the website, it is very likely that you will only get 12,632/4 = 3158 status miles. You can try booking a semi-flexible ticket which is usually the Q-class, and likely to be the cheapest option for the 100% miles flown, 12,632 miles.

For the hotel, your transfer should be longer than 10 hours, and there shouldn't be any other flight with a shorter connection time.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by max_kolesne
The images you uploaded do not appear on the website.

Y-class is TK's full fare. I really doubt that TK would sell a full-fare ticket from OSL to IST at around $650. Your cabin class on the boarding pass would show Y, but the booking fare is usually different. If you are booking the cheapest flight you are seeing on the website, it is very likely that you will only get 12,632/4 = 3158 status miles. You can try booking a semi-flexible ticket which is usually the Q-class, and likely to be the cheapest option for the 100% miles flown, 12,632 miles.

For the hotel, your transfer should be longer than 10 hours, and there shouldn't be any other flight with a shorter connection time.
Thanks for the reply! The itinerary is in my previous comment.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Here is the itinerary and it prices out on Priceline with bookwithmatrix.com
Am I correct in the status miles earnings?
A nother question am entitled to hotel in IST on this itinerary?
Looks like the base fare is missing a 0. You got a great deal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.