Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
New to Turkish ...little confused about Status Match

I have booked long haul J class flights on TK for next August and have joined Miles and Smile but have not applied my card number to any of the booked flights yet.

To begin with I wanted a family account as there are 4 of us and we fly premium leisure twice a year.

I asked TK for a family account but this was declined as no one has anything but classic membership. Disappointing but understandable. I then asked about status match and they will match me ( I have one world emerald via Gold with BAEC). The but family are BA silver (one world Sapphire) and apparently they will not not match to that. We have all held silver / Gold status for more than a decade.

There was no mention in the reply of any challenge or requirement to book a flight.

Questions

1. Is there always a challenge/ requirement to book and fly? I have anticipated there will be by booking but not attaching my M&S number.
2. Do they ever offer matches to Silver? The family are all over 1000 tier points per annum but just never enough for gold.
3. If I have status, can all the family be in the family account despite not having status.

Any other advice that can be offered would be appreciated. TK look like a very positive force in the airline world and I am keen to try them out. Without all the family having status it will be difficult to maintain loyalty.

Thank you
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by binman
I have booked long haul J class flights on TK for next August and have joined Miles and Smile but have not applied my card number to any of the booked flights yet.

To begin with I wanted a family account as there are 4 of us and we fly premium leisure twice a year.

I asked TK for a family account but this was declined as no one has anything but classic membership. Disappointing but understandable. I then asked about status match and they will match me ( I have one world emerald via Gold with BAEC). The but family are BA silver (one world Sapphire) and apparently they will not not match to that. We have all held silver / Gold status for more than a decade.

There was no mention in the reply of any challenge or requirement to book a flight.

Questions

1. Is there always a challenge/ requirement to book and fly? I have anticipated there will be by booking but not attaching my M&S number.
2. Do they ever offer matches to Silver? The family are all over 1000 tier points per annum but just never enough for gold.
3. If I have status, can all the family be in the family account despite not having status.

Any other advice that can be offered would be appreciated. TK look like a very positive force in the airline world and I am keen to try them out. Without all the family having status it will be difficult to maintain loyalty.

Thank you
1. Yes
2.No
3.Yes
Get a match, make a family account,fly required 15k with TK. For family account TK asks a copy of marriage certificate to add a wife. Not fast process.
binman and gr8pirate like this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Jaenks
For family account TK asks a copy of marriage certificate to add a wife. Not fast process.
Could easily have been an oddity, but my family account got set up a few hours after I sent in the documentation as requested.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Jaenks
1. Yes
2.No
3.Yes
Get a match, make a family account,fly required 15k with TK. For family account TK asks a copy of marriage certificate to add a wife. Not fast process.

Thank you for the information.

In your experience what would the challenge look like? Is it travel pattern dependent?

Cheers
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by binman
Thank you for the information.

In your experience what would the challenge look like? Is it travel pattern dependent?

Cheers
Never did one but to be a safe, fly one segment with TK in four months after approval and then 15k miles with TK during the first membership year to get the additional year. Terms and conditions will be written in status match approval email.
binman likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:22 am

Reach Elite Plus after Status Match to Elite

Good morning FT,

After doing a lot of research, I still haven’t found the information I’m looking for.

I am currently AA EP/OW E. If I status match to TK Elite, will it OVERRIDE the 15k req within 4 months flying intl TK metal IF I reach 80K on TK/*A within the FIRST year? Will it get upgraded to E+? If one wonders why would I bother doing status match if I could just earn E+ in a hard way, it is because of the earning rate as an elite.

If that’s not the case, does that mean I can ONLY earn E+ after earning 80K elite miles on the SECOND year of elite? Does anyone has any experience and can confirm?

I just don’t wanna waste flying 15k + 80k within two year period. Might as well just do 80k the first year without a match.

Thank you!!!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
If you fulfill the 15k TK miles, then you have a full year from match date to fly the 80k (including the initial 15k).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:48 am

If you fulfill the 15k TK miles, then you have a full year from match date to fly the 80k (including the initial 15k).
Thank you so much!

Follow up questions:

1. Does it matter if within the first 4 months I fly one intl TK flight AND other *A carriers? Will status miles earned from *A carriers (in addition to TK flight) within the first 4 months count towards the first year of 80k E+ qualification?

2. I also noticed the T&C says during the trial elite status, the first TK flight(s?) in Business will earn 50% miles. Meaning as an elite we get 160% in K fare, so we will get 160% + 50% = 210% total?

3. Last question. From my understanding, TK elite membership is based on the membership year (just like credit card membership) as opposed to calendar year (Jan 1-Dec 31), correct?

Thank you again! Really appreciate your feedback!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Miles & Smiles Elite
Status Match from Emirates

Hi everyone,

Is there a workaround for matching Emirates gold to TK Elite?

Emirates no longer issues physical cards which are required by TK for the status match. Any thoughts or recent experiences would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by A380 9K
Hi everyone,

Is there a workaround for matching Emirates gold to TK Elite?

Emirates no longer issues physical cards which are required by TK for the status match. Any thoughts or recent experiences would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays!
A screenshot of the Emirates virtual gold card, passport , travel history (FF statement) on EK showing far expiration of gold and a request message got me matched.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
A screenshot of the Emirates virtual gold card, passport , travel history (FF statement) on EK showing far expiration of gold and a request message got me matched.
Thanks a lot! I will give it a try once my tier is upgraded to gold again. I will be sure to report back so that other members can benefit.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:55 am

I am thinking about a status match transferring to TK. Do you have any experience whether TK checks the status with the old airline? For example to see whether the old status was matched as well or properly earned?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I think to remember that you have to send a copy of the card and the last statement so they see ur activity...
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:25 pm

Hi Everyone!

I got Elite status since 10/09/2018. After flying at least 1 TK International flight + earning 19K status miles, my expiry date of Elite status is still remain unchanged (i.e. 10/02/2019). I have sent enquiry email to TK but they don't respond over 1 week. Anything happened? Just because their M&S website is undergoing maintainess ? Thanks!!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by nocom
Hi Everyone!

I got Elite status since 10/09/2018. After flying at least 1 TK International flight + earning 19K status miles, my expiry date of Elite status is still remain unchanged (i.e. 10/02/2019). I have sent enquiry email to TK but they don't respond over 1 week. Anything happened? Just because their M&S website is undergoing maintainess ? Thanks!!
At the end of the trial period ...if you have requalified then the expiry date will then be extended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.