Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tockstew
I am trying to check my flights via Turkish web but the one seems not to work. It is a trip booked via SAS milage Points.

thank you!
Try to access manage my booking using your e-ticket number instead of your reservation code ( PNR ). It should work, otherwise it means that your ticket hasn't been issued yet.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite, Delta PM, *G, Skyteam ElitePlus, Nexus,
Flying TK economy from BEY. I am TK M&S Elite, any lounges I can access? *a website shows 3 lounges but TK not listed.. Thanks in advance
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jinxer226
Flying TK economy from BEY. I am TK M&S Elite, any lounges I can access? *a website shows 3 lounges but TK not listed.. Thanks in advance
check the lounge wiki...
hint: you should be able to access the Miles and Smiles lounge.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite, Delta PM, *G, Skyteam ElitePlus, Nexus,
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

check the lounge wiki...
Too bad there is no M&S lounge in BEY...
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

check the lounge wiki...
He means the contract lounge in Beirut that he can access.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: M&S E+, KLM FB
Too bad there is no M&S lounge in BEY...
Try Star Alliance Navigator App (it's available on iOS and Android). It has all lounge locations listed by airports.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Squalusss
Try Star Alliance Navigator App (it's available on iOS and Android). It has all lounge locations listed by airports.
iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star...448905125?mt=8

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gator&hl=en_US
Squalusss likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: TK CP, Lapsed DL FO, Mr. <3Vacations Free Rider, Numerous programs
Hi All,

I tried posting this elsewhere but haven't gotten any responses so I wanted to try here.
I attempted to lay all of this out to determine what status I would earn, would love input to see if I did it correctly.
Currently I have 19,367 TK status miles in my account from the last 12 months. These miles were earned between May 8-17 of 2018. If I credit my ORD>IAH (UA) and IAH>AKL>MEL (NZ), Z fare, to TK for my May 4 and 6 flights that should get me 9986 status miles reaching 29,353 by May 6th. So I should become TK CP on May 6th and it would be good for 2 years from May 7th 2019? so till May 2021, plus I would have 4354 miles towards CP re-qualification and I will also earn 9830 on the return May 17th MEL>AKL>ORD (NZ) toward the 17000 for CP renewal leaving me only 2,816 miles to qualify for another 2 years?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by <3vacations
Hi All,

I tried posting this elsewhere but haven't gotten any responses so I wanted to try here.
I attempted to lay all of this out to determine what status I would earn, would love input to see if I did it correctly.
Currently I have 19,367 TK status miles in my account from the last 12 months. These miles were earned between May 8-17 of 2018. If I credit my ORD>IAH (UA) and IAH>AKL>MEL (NZ), Z fare, to TK for my May 4 and 6 flights that should get me 9986 status miles reaching 29,353 by May 6th. So I should become TK CP on May 6th and it would be good for 2 years from May 7th 2019? so till May 2021, plus I would have 4354 miles towards CP re-qualification and I will also earn 9830 on the return May 17th MEL>AKL>ORD (NZ) toward the 17000 for CP renewal leaving me only 2,816 miles to qualify for another 2 years?
For your case, you would be CLPL by the 6th of May 2019. Even though, miles earned through a partner airline could time to get credited. However, my last experience with UA on M&S was 48-72h after the flight. Don't have an idea of NZ. You should be CLPL at that time and the return would count as re-qualification miles. So in this case yes you would be CLPL and you would need 2816 miles more to re-qualify for CLPL for another two years.
<3vacations likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:54 am

So I don't really understand the whole miles business. My question is if I use my miles to book an award ticket or use it any other way, do I need to earn more to keep my status?

For example, let's say I have Elite status, and 24 000 status miles earnt in the last year, if I use about 4 000 miles, do I have to earn 5 000 or 1 000 more to keep my status?

I ask because there are also bonus miles and I'm not sure what the difference between the two is

If any one is a part of any other programs, same question there (Avios+Tier points or Qmiles+Qpoints)
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jetsetclicquot
So I don't really understand the whole miles business. My question is if I use my miles to book an award ticket or use it any other way, do I need to earn more to keep my status?

For example, let's say I have Elite status, and 24 000 status miles earnt in the last year, if I use about 4 000 miles, do I have to earn 5 000 or 1 000 more to keep my status?

I ask because there are also bonus miles and I'm not sure what the difference between the two is

If any one is a part of any other programs, same question there (Avios+Tier points or Qmiles+Qpoints)
If you have 24000 miles in your first year of Elite ( supposing that you are not a Turkish citizen nor living in Turkey ), you would need to convert 5000 bonus miles to 1000 status miles to keep your status. Bonus miles are the redeemable while status miles are not redeemable and count for status.

Bonus Miles are equivalent to Avios or Qmiles while status miles are equivalent to Tier Points and QPoints.
jetsetclicquot likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by jetsetclicquot
No, your status miles stay the same. Normally, status miles have no value other than for maintaining your status or progressing to the next level. You will only lose status miles if they expire at the end of your membership years or when you re-qualify for the next period.
jetsetclicquot likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines
A real nightmare !
My husband is an Elite Plus member and a just called the helpdesk in order to get the free upgrade but the answer is : SORRY NOT POSSIBLE and why ? The system doesn't allow the free upgrade or any upgrade for your ticket !
The ticket is economy Q class, an expensive class for economy !
On TK site it is written that Q class economy is eligible for upgrade.
We fly TK for many years in order to benefits from their advantage but now I'm very very very disappointed about this answer !
Shall I continue with TK or change ? What do you think ?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by Nineville
A real nightmare !
My husband is an Elite Plus member and a just called the helpdesk in order to get the free upgrade but the answer is : SORRY NOT POSSIBLE and why ? The system doesn't allow the free upgrade or any upgrade for your ticket !
We fly TK for many years in order to benefits from their advantage but now I'm very very very disappointed about this answer !
Though there are others here with more experience than me, I think the general advice is to HUCA - hang up call again.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nineville
A real nightmare !
First, I would like to remind that there should be availability in I, J and R classes for a confirmed Elite Plus upgrade; however, in some cases only J being available or J & I both being available works. So, this doesn't mean that your fare class isn't eligible for the free upgrade. Q fare class is eligible for the Elite Plus upgrade.
It's not worth changing your FQTV especially if you want to change it with a FQTV like Miles&More, MileagePlus, Aeroplan or KrisFlyer where reaching status is much more harder.

If you want a check for the availability of the upgrades of your specific flight, you could send me a personal message of your flight number and date. I could have a look for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.