Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MikieLikesMiles
Applied for renewal on Mar 18. Since original enrollment, had two moves including one to Germany for 2yr expat assignment. As days dragged on I was starting to assume I;d eventually receive conditional approval and have to go in for interview. Finally, today received notification of approval. So good to go. Presume the delay was waiting for Germany to verify no issues while living there. Though I live in Northeast US area now, approval letter came from Phoenix airport where I originally applied.

Applied: Mar 18th
Approved: Apr 5th
Interview: none required
This makes me feel better. Seems the process is taking a while. I filed the renewal on 3/21 but haven’t seen any movement yet. Hopefully within the next week or so, if your timeframe holds.

EDIT: Got my conditional approval today. Interview needed; setup for next Tuesday. Came thru right on the same timeframe.

Last edited by dmurphynj; Apr 6, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:06 pm

Renewal Application submitted for Global Entry on 3/29

14 days and counting - no approval yet.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Spac3d
Renewal Application submitted for Global Entry on 3/29

14 days and counting - no approval yet.
Applied: 3/29
Approved: 4/14

Approved today. No interview required.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Spac3d
Applied: 3/29
Approved: 4/14

Approved today. No interview required.
Did you get an email advising you of the change in status? I applied a few days after you and would prefer not to keep logging in with the double authentic process if it isn't necessary.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:46 pm

Applied 4/1
Approved 4/17

No interview

An email advised me of the change in status.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm just going to assume that everybody on this thread is proactive in knowing when it's time to renew because I didn't get any email about mine about to expire - last email I got from CBP was back in 2016 telling me about "Faster Entry through the UK Border". I moved three years ago but I did update my home address in GOES and I didn't get anything in the post either. So how did I find out my membership expired? By using a kiosk yesterday and having the big red letters come up on screen GLOBAL ENTRY MEMBERSHIP HAS EXPIRED. That also made me take another look at my connecting domestic flight boarding pass and realize that I no longer had TSA PreCheck. Turns out my GE expired while I was out of the country so that explains why I had PreCheck on my way out. First thing I did when I got home was log on to GOES to find out what happened and then learned that site doesn't exist anymore and I got redirected...

Anyway, I just had to create a new login and fix some "errors" from my previous application and got a "Pending" notice. I see from the previous pages that it's taking about two weeks or so to get a status change.

PS: I ended up using Mobile Passport and was through Immigration is less than five minutes so just about as quick as GE, in my experience.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:18 am

Renewal application: April 15, 2018
Approved: April 21, 2018
No interview required
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Mickidon
Did you get an email advising you of the change in status? I applied a few days after you and would prefer not to keep logging in with the double authentic process if it isn't necessary.
Yes, I did receive an email notifying of the change.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I'm just going to assume that everybody on this thread is proactive in knowing when it's time to renew because I didn't get any email about mine about to expire - last email I got from CBP was back in 2016 telling me about "Faster Entry through the UK Border".
I did receive a reminder email - I think 6 months out.

Did you have to fill out an entirely new application, as the wiki says? Something seems "wrong" about that for folks who let GE expire through oversight - would be nice if you could renew after expiration for, say, 1 year, without having to start over. Kind of like with passports.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:33 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by drewguy

Did you have to fill out an entirely new application, as the wiki says? Something seems "wrong" about that for folks who let GE expire through oversight - would be nice if you could renew after expiration for, say, 1 year, without having to start over. Kind of like with passports.
Curiously, the TTP website says you can renew after expiration. Doesn’t list any time period so who knows if it’s a brand new application or technically a ‘renewal’. But, is there really much of a difference besides the coin flip of possibly having to do an interview again?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy

That's so strange that I never received any kind of notice/reminder. They definitely have my email address as that didn't change when I moved several years ago. Interestingly, my new address was listed as my "Mailing Address" and my old one as the "Home". I'm willing to believe I did something wrong when I updated my info but surely they would have sent any snail mail to the "Mailing Address"...

The system allowed me to click on the "Renewal" button even though my GE expired so I'm assuming that my application is being considered a renewal!

Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Curiously, the TTP website says you can renew after expiration. Doesn’t list any time period so who knows if it’s a brand new application or technically a ‘renewal’. But, is there really much of a difference besides the coin flip of possibly having to do an interview again?
I'll certainly report back when there's a change in my status if my renewal is accepted with or without an interview. From the last few pages of this thread it does seem to be random chance, at least to us.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:26 am

Mine took two and a half weeks. . No interview required. I did get a change of status email but no reminder.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:37 am

The system allowed me to click on the "Renewal" button even though my GE expired so I'm assuming that my application is being considered a renewal!

I'll certainly report back when there's a change in my status if my renewal is accepted with or without an interview. From the last few pages of this thread it does seem to be random chance, at least to us.
And...I received a status change email this morning!

Renewal application: April 19, 2018
Approved: April 24, 2018
No interview required
Old May 3, 2018, 9:45 pm

Applied for Renewal 4/30
Approved 5/3
No interview required.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
And...I received a status change email this morning!

Renewal application: April 19, 2018
Approved: April 24, 2018
No interview required
Originally Posted by RSVP
Applied for Renewal 4/30
Approved 5/3
No interview required.
I'm getting envious. Applied for renewal a week ago, and still no word. Perhaps it is all the travel to the Middle East that they have to consider Surely, it can't be my trips to Norway!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.