Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
Well, Cuba has the potential to raise "red" flags - I assume you visited pursuant to whatever approvals were needed at the time?
Yep, I went in Feb 2017 when you were able to self certify people to people.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

For indexing and future search purposes, if you wish to continue to discuss the effects of travel to Cuba on Global Entry and/or NEXUS, please do so in the following thread:
Thanks,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:31 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Renewal application: February 17, 2018

Approved*: February 26, 2018

New card** arrived in the mail: March 3, 2018 (and remember to activate your card via the website )

*no interview required for my renewal but YMMV
**Same trusted traveler number but new security code on the back of the card and same photo from my original application 5 years ago
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:48 pm

Received conditional approval today after applying on 3/5. They're having me come in for the interview so I've got that scheduled for April 7th.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Whowouldanewman
Applied: 3/8/2018
Approved: 3/12/18
Interview: Not required - only change to application was an address change
Received my card in the mail today, 3/22.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:47 pm

So, going to renew after 5 years and on the very first page it says "An interview is required". This seems to differ from what I have been reading about conditional approval or approval without an interview. Is this a blanket requirement, poor wording, or something specific to me (even though I've entered no information)?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by arlflyer
So, going to renew after 5 years and on the very first page it says "An interview is required". This seems to differ from what I have been reading about conditional approval or approval without an interview. Is this a blanket requirement, poor wording, or something specific to me (even though I've entered no information)?
If I remembered correctly, I had the same wording when I renewed a couple of years ago but when I got to the end of the renewal application process, no interview was required.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by wilp888
If I remembered correctly, I had the same wording when I renewed a couple of years ago but when I got to the end of the renewal application process, no interview was required.
OK, thank you. It does seem that that front page was standardized across both new and renewing applicants, but hard to tell. Would be a good item for the wiki on this page - or maybe it's already there; I tried to read it but with this new font and layout who knows.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: UA GS
I had no problem at the GE kiosk yesterday, even though my expiration time had passed, according to the messages I was getting at previous kiosk visits. So it was just a glitch.

I thought I'd update this in case anyone else gets this message at the GE kiosk.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Even if you're required to get an interview to renew (as both I and Mrs. Lee were for whatever reason), the renewal interview was even faster than the initial one.
​​​​​​
I think I spent more time waiting for someone to back out of the parking space I wanted (it was right up front and I'm lazy) than I did in the actual CBP office.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:51 pm

Do they send any email notice, either when you apply for renewal or to tell you if you are approved or need an interview?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by audio-nut
I'm filling out the GE renewal form and I need to add Hong Kong to the "Countries Visited" list but I can't find it. Am I missing it? Should I choose China instead?
I just filled out the renewal form online and there is Hong Kong listed, what are you talking about ? Was it 3 months ago Hong Kong wasn‘t listed ?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by richarddd
Do they send any email notice, either when you apply for renewal or to tell you if you are approved or need an interview?
Yes, there are email notifications, but they basically just tell you there is a message for you in the GOES portal and you have to go there and log in to see what's actually going on.

Altogether it's a pretty straightforward and easy process as far as online applications go.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Hmm, I applied for renewal on 3/5 and it's still pending review. Also had an address change but also have 'gasp' Cuba listed as a visited country. Guess we'll wait and see.
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Received conditional approval today after applying on 3/5. They're having me come in for the interview so I've got that scheduled for April 7th.
I was able to go to an interview on Mar 31st in JFK this past weekend. No questions regarding the Cuba trip but they did ask why I had visited Turkey. Quick and easy.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Applied for renewal on Mar 18. Since original enrollment, had two moves including one to Germany for 2yr expat assignment. As days dragged on I was starting to assume I;d eventually receive conditional approval and have to go in for interview. Finally, today received notification of approval. So good to go. Presume the delay was waiting for Germany to verify no issues while living there. Though I live in Northeast US area now, approval letter came from Phoenix airport where I originally applied.

Applied: Mar 18th
Approved: Apr 5th
Interview: none required

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.