Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by maninblack
Discretion is huge with us, and not just with GE. One person might by default set everyone up for another interview, one might waive that part.
I'm curious if you could expound about the role of discretion. I would assume that there is a checklist of things that automatically require an interview or a DQ. Can you provide some insight into the discretionary powers of an agent? I assume it is more than "gut feeling." Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

Please limit your questions in this thread to GE renewal issues.

If you have questions for @maninblack on topics other than Global Entry Renewal, please ask those in the relevant threads and tag/mention him by using the @ sign just before his handle.

Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Renewed on 6/1/18 and my GE expires on 6-30-18.
Still showing "Pending Review" on the CBP website.
What happens if it goes beyond my expiration date?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
About three weeks since renewal app and just got notified of conditional renewal. I have to go in for an interview (presumably to explain my travel ) Interview scheduled about five weeks from now. Still no word about wife's app.
ETA: Wife got full approval
Went for my renewal appointment today. Asked questions about my Middle East travel, whether I ever had any problems on re-entry, whether I ever violated customs rules, and work status.

After interview over, I inquired with the nice agent about why my wife was instantly renewed and not me. Agent was genuinely surprised and said everyone has to come in for interview.

When I got home from interview, I checked my CPB/TT web portal, and it showed that I was approved.

Last edited by 747FC; Jun 23, 2018 at 3:09 pm
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
My GE doesn't expire for a year. If I renew, will it continue to be active during the renewal process?

And ... during my five year history, I was transient for a few months without a set address. the renewal doesn't allow for gaps but not sure what to put in. I had my mail forwarded to my office during that time.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
My GE doesn't expire for a year. If I renew, will it continue to be active during the renewal process?
YES
And ... during my five year history, I was transient for a few months without a set address. the renewal doesn't allow for gaps but not sure what to put in. I had my mail forwarded to my office during that time.
Complete the the application the best you can and explain in i interview.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 24, 2018 at 8:01 pm Reason: Formatting corrected for readability
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Pending renewal

Applied for Renewal: 6/15

Still pending for conditional approval - hoping it comes through soon as I have some international travel scheduled in early July
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Unhappy Awaiting approval

So bummed, my GE expired - thought I had 6 more months and traveling to Europe in July

Expired: May 11
Re-Applied: June 20
Hoping they renew without having to interview again, traveling with my children and just losing TSA pre check makes travel so much more difficult. Fingers crossed!
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by PeachSteph
So bummed, my GE expired - thought I had 6 more months and traveling to Europe in July

Expired: May 11
Re-Applied: June 20
Hoping they renew without having to interview again, traveling with my children and just losing TSA pre check makes travel so much more difficult. Fingers crossed!
If it expired then it is not a renewal. It is considered a new application. You will have to do another interview.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:10 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
If it expired then it is not a renewal. It is considered a new application. You will have to do another interview.
Not necessarily the case. I believe there is some leeway (6 months?).
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: *A Silver
Has been a long time FT lurker, and now need some FT magic to expediate my renewal...
I have a flight to GUM on midst of July. Wish that no interview needed.

Expires : Feb, 2019
Applied for Renewal: 6/24
Paid : 6/26 (and Pending Review)
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Matt Bell
Applied for Renewal: 6/15

Still pending for conditional approval - hoping it comes through soon as I have some international travel scheduled in early July
Originally Posted by rkatsura
Has been a long time FT lurker, and now need some FT magic to expediate my renewal...

Welcome to FT! PleSe keep us informed.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by rkatsura

not sure what the rush is if your current GE expires next year and you are travelling this month
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: *A Silver
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
not sure what the rush is if your current GE expires next year and you are travelling this month
If I need an additional interview for renewal, I want to do it during my stay in Guam, because I am not a US citizen or permanent resident.
Of course, the best scenario is an renewal without interview.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:14 am

Approved today!

Applied June 7
Approved July 2 - no interview required. CORRECTION: NEW CARD BEING MAILED!

Last edited by nycaviationnerd; Jul 6, 2018 at 3:48 pm Reason: CORRECTION

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.