Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by eyeNina
My GE expires in Aug so I went to the GOES site to renew, which then directed me to create a new account at the ttp.cbp.dhs.gov site and link my accounts. That part was successful and I can see my information for the current account including where it says I should go ahead and renew. But I see no links on where to renew? I can add a vehicle or apply for the APEC Business Travel Card but no option to renew. Am I looking in the wrong place?
That appears to be a TTP technical problem rather than a GE renewal issue. Please take a look at the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:09 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Anyone know if the renewal people work on weekends? Any point in my checking my dashboard on Saturday or Sunday?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:05 am

When setting up my login on the new website, I noticed that my last name on GE is spelled wrong so it does not match my passport. It was very hard to notice. The interesting thing is 2 years ago I had no issue using GE but I had an issue in May. Not sure what the issue was in May since no info had changed. From the website it looks like I have to go through a complete new application process. I do not live near an interview site. I am thinking of renewing with the GE name spelled incorrectly since I have used GE successfully. Do others have experience in this?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Well, I cannot believe I am coming up on ten years (and five since starting this thread) so I am up for my second renewal. Will be interesting to see if it goes as smoothly as the first-basically automatic.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AC E50K, HHonors Silver, NEXUS/GE, IHG Elite Gold
As a reminder you can renew one year before expiry. You need not wait for a reminder from GE/DHS. My original NEXUS was to expire September 2017 and applied for renewal about 6 months prior. Received replacement NEXUS card in April 2017 and now set till 2022. No interview required - simply making sure my online profile with dhs.gov was up to date.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:59 am

I'm filling out the GE renewal form and I need to add Hong Kong to the "Countries Visited" list but I can't find it. Am I missing it? Should I choose China instead?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Anyone know if the renewal people work on weekends? Any point in my checking my dashboard on Saturday or Sunday?
My original conditional approval (not renewal) happened on a Saturday. I would guess that the approvers are the same people.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:02 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Mine did not happen over the weekend, but it was six days from submitting renewal application until approval (no interview - yay!)
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by audio-nut
I'm filling out the GE renewal form and I need to add Hong Kong to the "Countries Visited" list but I can't find it. Am I missing it? Should I choose China instead?
I renewed recently and I chose China. I don’t think it really matters. I’m sure I missed out one or two
countries in that list
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by audio-nut
I would not, unless it's listed under something like China SAR Hong Kong.

Then make a note to mention it at the interview.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:32 pm
formerly known as RK7

Programs: Many
I renewed my wife's application online about a week ago and today received an email saying that her status had changed. After my simple renewal, I was expecting the same with hers. She was conditionally approved, but she is now going to have to have another interview! We are leaving for Thailand in about a month and we are not going to be in airports before that trip and her Global Entry card expires three days before we arrive home. We are about 150 miles from SFO and going online come to find that their earliest available is May 2nd!
We called Global Entry/DHS at 877-227-5511 and expected to be on hold for hours but instead it was only about twenty minutes. The agent verified that she would have to be interviewed again and she was chosen at random. My wife explained our upcoming trip and her concerns and that is when she received great news from the agent. THERE IS A SIX MONTH GRACE PERIOD FROM CARD EXPIRATION IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONDITIONALLY APPROVED. That fact is stated nowhere on her notice or on the website. We again lucked out when we found that our return from Asia we have a longish layover at SEA and found that their office has PLENTY of appointment space available on our return day. Made the appointment and crisis averted.

Last edited by Red '74 TR6; Jan 12, 2018 at 4:52 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by drewguy
I would not, unless it's listed under something like China SAR Hong Kong.

Then make a note to mention it at the interview.
But China is the country that Hong Kong is in. One country, two systems and all of that. But more importantly, what downside do you think there would be to saying that you've visited China?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
Originally Posted by Dahan
But China is the country that Hong Kong is in. One country, two systems and all of that. But more importantly, what downside do you think there would be to saying that you've visited China?
I renewed on the 11th and said China since I couldn't find HK on the drop down menu. Got the approval today (23rd) without having to go back for another interview.
Was worried about over looking HK and debating if I should have just left it out.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Dahan
I think stating China creates a small risk of further inquiry. That said, the inquiry can be easily answered in an interview if necessary, and even with trips to China (not just HK) any non-suspicious reason won't create approval problems.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
For Michilander_wife:
Applied: 1/21/2018
Approved: 1/25/2018
Interview: Not required
New card arrived: 1/31/2018

Last edited by Michilander; Jan 31, 2018 at 10:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.