Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 7:12 am

EOA Aruba AUA

We will be in Aruba next month. We are conditionally approved. Anyone did interview it in Aruba? Any info?
Thanks
Old May 23, 2021, 8:01 pm

My whole family is now conditionally approved for GE. We will be traveling internationally in June and return in August to Washington Dulles Airport (IAD). My questions are
1. How does Enrollment on Arrival work there? Do we have to clear normal immigration first, then go to CBP office to enroll on arrival? Or is it a "2-in-1" office, i.e. immigration clearance + enrollment on arrival interview?
2. Do we need to book an interview for enrollment on arrival? Or is it just walk-in?
Old May 23, 2021, 8:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Panos17
My whole family is now conditionally approved for GE. We will be traveling internationally in June and return in August to Washington Dulles Airport (IAD). My questions are
1. How does Enrollment on Arrival work there? Do we have to clear normal immigration first, then go to CBP office to enroll on arrival? Or is it a "2-in-1" office, i.e. immigration clearance + enrollment on arrival interview?
2. Do we need to book an interview for enrollment on arrival? Or is it just walk-in?
From the wikipost in this thread:
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection
. You won’t need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).
Old May 23, 2021, 8:18 pm

Thanks - regarding my question #1, just trying to understand if enrollment on arrival is a separate process which happens *after* clearing immigration as everyone else, or if it is basically a "different line" than immigration - CBP border control. From what I understand by the sentence "during your admissibility inspection", this is a 2-in-1 thing, i.e. immigration-customs clearance *and * GE interview, so even if there's a long line in immigration, you still benefit from EoA. Am I correct?

Last edited by Panos17; May 23, 2021 at 8:28 pm
Old May 23, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Thanks - regarding my question #1, just trying to understand if enrollment on arrival is a separate process which happens *after* clearing immigration as everyone else, or if it is basically a "different line" than immigration - CBP border control. From what I understand by the sentence "during your admissibility inspection", this is a 2-in-1 thing, i.e. immigration-customs clearance *and * GE interview, so even if there's a long line in immigration, you still benefit from EoA. Am I correct?
Two separate processes. Earlier this year I did it at ORD. Normal immigration check, told the officer I needed EoA interivew, sent me to another line when I was done. Waited for about 15 minutes for an officer to come interview me. Quick and done.

One note, if you're flying into T8 at JFK, EoA may not be available, as I was (for some reason very rudely - maybe just typical NYC vibe) informed near the end of last year.
Old May 23, 2021, 9:43 pm

Ok so now I'm confused.
I also read this

https://thriftytraveler.com/guides/h...ry-on-arrival/

which says
No need to schedule an interview, and you can still skip the normal immigration line while completing your enrollment.

After your flight lands, just make your way to the normal immigration center. There are normally three different options: standard entry by kiosk, Mobile Passport, and Global Entry.

If you’re at one of the 50 participating airports, look for a fourth option: a lane designated for Enrollment on Arrival. Otherwise, ask an agent where you need to go to wrap up the enrollment process.
So according to this article, you don't go to normal immigration, and EoA is a 2-in-1 process with clearing immigration. Is it maybe handled differently in each airport? Can someone confirm what is the process in Washington Dulles IAD?
Old May 23, 2021, 9:43 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Two separate processes. Earlier this year I did it at ORD. Normal immigration check, told the officer I needed EoA interivew, sent me to another line when I was done. Waited for about 15 minutes for an officer to come interview me. Quick and done.

One note, if you're flying into T8 at JFK, EoA may not be available, as I was (for some reason very rudely - maybe just typical NYC vibe) informed near the end of last year.
It depends on the airport. As has been reported in this thread numerous times, at many airports the EoA interview is conducted during the immigrations checks at specified lines/booths.

Regarding JFK T8, according to the EoA locations which are linked in the wiki:
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)

Terminal Eight American Airlines, Booth #1
6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Old May 24, 2021, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by TWA884
Regarding JFK T8, according to the EoA locations which are linked in the wiki:
I am aware of the wiki, which is why I attempted to EoA at JFK terminal 8. My request to participate in EoA at JFK T8 was rejected, hence my comment "may not be available" despite what the Wiki says.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:41 pm

Question Global Entry - Enrollment on Arrival (SEATAC) process questions

A family member of mine finally got the conditional approval and is planning to do enrollment on arrival at SeaTac. Can someone please advise the current protocol or process specifically at SeaTac and where exactly the enrollment-on-arrival office is at?
Based on my own online research, it seems people will need to go through immigration first (the regular lanes) and go to the enrollment office as a walk-in?
Thanks for your comments and feedback.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by logman012
A family member of mine finally got the conditional approval and is planning to do enrollment on arrival at SeaTac. Can someone please advise the current protocol or process specifically at SeaTac and where exactly the enrollment-on-arrival office is at?
Based on my own online research, it seems people will need to go through immigration first (the regular lanes) and go to the enrollment office as a walk-in?
Thanks for your comments and feedback.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Please see this thread: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Generally, an EoA interview takes place DURING the immigration process, and not AFTER that process is complete. Per the referenced thread, look for signage directing you to the correct EoA booth as you are finding which line to queue for entry into the US. If you don't notice signage, ask CBP personnel to direct you to the correct EoA booth. You do NOT do EoA as a "walk-in" at an enrollment office.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Did my EoA interview at DFW a few weeks ago. You clear immigration whatever way you normally would (GE terminal, mobile passport etc), then collect bags, and then just before you exit customs you head off to the secondary inspection area. Just as you enter the area you make a hard left through the small gap between the wall and the stanchions - this is before it splits into the lines labeled one and two. When I entered the area I was told GE was at booth 12, but booth 12 wasn't open, so had to sit and wait until one of the other agents called for the next Global Entry interviewee. I was number 5 and it took about an hour for him to get to me, but the interview took no longer than two minutes. Had my renewal email by the time I recleared security.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:39 am

My family all have conditional approval for GE. We could do interview on arrival in to the states, but with jet lagged toddlers and a trip to Dublin planned from London later this year I was wondering if it was possible to schedule an interview, or do an interview on arrival in Dublin to get our GE application completed then?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by mediamonkey
My family all have conditional approval for GE. We could do interview on arrival in to the states, but with jet lagged toddlers and a trip to Dublin planned from London later this year I was wondering if it was possible to schedule an interview, or do an interview on arrival in Dublin to get our GE application completed then?
Enrollment on Arrival interviews in Dublin can only be done when departing on a flight to the United States.

Here is an older post of mine on that topic quoting members who reported their experiences:
Originally Posted by TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted at the Dublin airport by CBP officers during the US immigration and customs inspections prior to departure to the US. So regardless of whether or not you are coming from the Common Travel Area, you still need to access the US PreClearance facility in DUB. It is possible only when traveling to the US.

Do note that EoA at DUB is available only between 9:00am and 1:00pm on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.

Here are a couple of older posts on this issue:

Originally Posted by mnbp
In this context, "Arrival" is when you present yourself to US Immigration for admission to the United States. If your flight departs from DUB with a destination in the US, you'd handle US Customs in DUB. That's where EoA is available - when flying to the US.
Originally Posted by madraida
It’s Enrollment on ARRIVAL (to the US). If you’re flying into Dublin and you don’t have a US plane ticket, then you won’t have access to the US Pre-clearance (CBP) facility.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival

https://www.dublinairport.com/flight...a-preclearance
Old Jun 7, 2021, 1:28 am

Thanks for your help
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Ok so now I'm confused.
I also read this

https://thriftytraveler.com/guides/h...ry-on-arrival/

which says

So according to this article, you don't go to normal immigration, and EoA is a 2-in-1 process with clearing immigration. Is it maybe handled differently in each airport? Can someone confirm what is the process in Washington Dulles IAD?

I have not done EoA at IAD but I did just arrive through the airport last week and saw the process. You do just go through immigration and grab your bags like you normally do. As you are exiting the arrivals hall there will be a window situation on the left wall that says specifically EoA and there will be a line that you queue up in. There was one person in it as we walked by the exit. Pretty easy compared to some of the confusing details I have read about how it is at other airports.
GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.