Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:51 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From another thread:
Originally Posted by Nickarooney
Applied: 8/31
Conditional Approval: 9/4
Interviewed/Approved: 9/6 (and that was only because the office is closed on Tues.)

If you are having problems getting an interview come to Gulfport, Mississippi - seems nobody knows it is there.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Got my Global Entry applications (my wife, kid, and I) approved today (took 4 business days), but holy cruds was finding an interview time nearly impossible.

I knew pre-application that I would have to travel at least 4 hours each way by car to the nearest interview center, but I didn't do my diligence to figure out that those nearest interview centers (Kansas City and DFW) have next to no availability.

The cities I am visiting this fall that have centers are completely booked up during those weeks I am there. Kansas City seems to have zero availability at all, and DFW isn't available until late December.

IAH on the other hand is nearly wide open, including tomorrow. Thought for a few minutes of killing my weekend going down there to get it done with, but decided I might as well wait and go to DFW in December which is less out of the way.

I can accept that only major cities will have interview centers, but it is downright frustrating to find that many cities with centers are nearly impossible to schedule, while other centers must have interview agents twiddling on their phones all day. Making last minute checks for openings is impractical when there are three of us, the trip is 8 hours round trip, etc.

Last edited by MarkOK; Sep 22, 2017 at 10:07 am
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Got my Global Entry applications (my wife, kid, and I) approved today (took 4 business days), but holy cruds was finding an interview time nearly impossible.

I knew pre-application that I would have to travel at least 4 hours each way by car to the nearest interview center, but I didn't do my diligence to figure out that those nearest interview centers (Kansas City and DFW) have next to no availability.

The cities I am visiting this fall that have centers are completely booked up during those weeks I am there. Kansas City seems to have zero availability at all, and DFW isn't available until late December.

IAH on the other hand is nearly wide open, including tomorrow. Thought for a few minutes of killing my weekend going down there to get it done with, but decided I might as well wait and go to DFW in December which is less out of the way.

I can accept that only major cities will have interview centers, but it is downright frustrating to find that many cities with centers are nearly impossible to schedule, while other centers must have interview agents twiddling on their phones all day. Making last minute checks for openings is impractical when there are three of us, the trip is 8 hours round trip, etc.
If I were you, I would keep checking for cancellations at Global Entry offices that you are interested in, especially during their office hours. In less than two weeks, you should be able to find something suitable for you.

If you cannot find openings for all three of you on the same day, go together anyway and ask. Worse case is only scheduled individual/s will be interviewed. You have nothing to lose.

Please come back and let us know your result.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
If I were you, I would keep checking for cancellations at Global Entry offices that you are interested in, especially during their office hours. In less than two weeks, you should be able to find something suitable for you.

If you cannot find openings for all three of you on the same day, go together anyway and ask. Worse case is only scheduled individual/s will be interviewed. You have nothing to lose.

+1

Every person who does a "walk in" to a GE interview without an appointment causes their scheduled appointment to free up for someone else. The "totally booked" appointment calendar changes constantly throughout the day - keep checking!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito

I have a couple short trips to DFW in October and November that the family is coming along that includes a Friday when they are open, and I will check before each trip for openings. The wait isn't all that bad for us since the next family flight isn't until January, and we aren't going international until March at the earliest, but I have a number of domestic flights later this fall and wanted to get the global entry set up sooner just for the TSA pre-check privileges. I may try my own luck with a walk-in during my next business trip just to get me done sooner too.

I'm just annoyed by the fact that not only is the middle of the country underserved in terms of locations, but the locations that are within a day's drive of here are obviously in very high demand while there are certain cities (like Houston) where they may have multiple locations and tons of openings. I don't expect efficiencies in government operations, but they've concentrated so much availability in a just few chosen pockets of the country.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond, Ritz-Carlton Gold
LAX interview schedule

Providing another data point..

Applied my infant son for GE 9/21.. Received CA on 9/25.
Logged in today to schedule interview and first available at LAX (we are in SoCal) was FEBRUARY 6, 2018.

Nothing available at Long Beach.

Obsessively refreshed for about 30 mins... (when I applied for myself few years back I was able to reschedule a month earlier so I persisted) and got 10/23!!! It's going to suck trying to get to LAX from Orange County by 9am, but I was really hoping to get GE for my son before our intl trip over Thanksgiving, so it all worked out

FYI, I did have the visualping chrome extension set up (refresh every min) and it did work, but it seems a little delayed.. I got the ping for the 10/23 slot I took (which I found through manual refresh) when I was done rescheduling.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by redpanda83
Providing another data point..

Applied my infant son for GE 9/21.. Received CA on 9/25.
Logged in today to schedule interview and first available at LAX (we are in SoCal) was FEBRUARY 6, 2018.

Nothing available at Long Beach.

Obsessively refreshed for about 30 mins... (when I applied for myself few years back I was able to reschedule a month earlier so I persisted) and got 10/23!!! It's going to suck trying to get to LAX from Orange County by 9am, but I was really hoping to get GE for my son before our intl trip over Thanksgiving, so it all worked out

FYI, I did have the visualping chrome extension set up (refresh every min) and it did work, but it seems a little delayed.. I got the ping for the 10/23 slot I took (which I found through manual refresh) when I was done rescheduling.
Since you know how to refresh, if I were you, I would continue to search for a better time slot at Long Beach.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond, Ritz-Carlton Gold
Hah, I looked again and was able to snag 10/7 -- LAX office is WIDE OPEN from this week on, AND entire month of October. Dunno why all of sudden everything opened up since nothing was available when I last checked few hours ago.

Head on over to the website now if you are looking to snag LAX appt in the near future...
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:12 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Blaine, Washington

From the Global Entry - processing time thread:

Originally Posted by celticmyst08
Applied: 9/16/17
Conditional Approval: 9/29/17

Scheduled interview for 10/1/17 in Blaine, WA. No Seatac availability until mid November, and no Boeing Field openings until February 2018. If you're in Seattle the Blaine location is really a great option; it's only 1.5-2 hrs away and it's open on weekends.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:43 pm

I've rechecked my DFW location appointment a few times over the last couple of weeks, and today, a BUNCH of openings in October opened up.

I got the family and I scheduled now mid Oct on a Friday we were already going to Dallas.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by sevimli
Congrats!

I am trying to figure out my membership number/passid. I cannot even check my status now.

Is Cleveland busy as well like Chicago???
Don't know about Chicago, but Cleveland's next opening are in Dec... I was going to be in Detroit for work and found an opening on the date I wanted 2 weeks prior to being there.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:18 am

The new login.gov systems really rocks! I scheduled our interviews very easily for my family of 4!
In ORD and Chicago Field office.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by sevimli
The new login.gov systems really rocks! I scheduled our interviews very easily for my family of 4!
In ORD and Chicago Field office.
Just to clarify, it's the new TTP system that does almost everything, including the interview scheduling (ttp.cbp.dhs.gov).

Login.gov is only used for the the initial user authentication into the TTP system.

Last edited by Newbie2FT; Oct 5, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
I got Long Beach for next week.

Update: Despite there being maybe thirty total Oct/Nov openings earlier today for Long Beach, the earliest is now Nov 29th. Did anyone else get in on this feeding frenzy?

Last edited by CarefulBuilder14; Oct 5, 2017 at 4:56 pm Reason: New info
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
I don't know if they take walk ins, but Long Beach was quiet enough that (if they do) it could be worth a shot.

I got there early, fearing it would be a DMV-like madhouse where appointment times were routinely ignored. I instead found a quiet office with just one other applicant in the waiting area.

They interviewed me an hour before my scheduled time and I got a quick approval.

Of course, it may be chaotic at other times. I'm just one data point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.