FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1754370-global-entry-enrollment-interview-availability.html)

Lurker1999 Jul 19, 2013 7:10 am

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Boston is currently booking into October. I just got my conditional approval for renewal. Any idea if they will have openings before then or should I make a trip down to Newark? My GE expires in September...

FrankLA Jul 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Lurker1999 (Post 21123804)
Boston is currently booking into October. I just got my conditional approval for renewal. Any idea if they will have openings before then or should I make a trip down to Newark? My GE expires in September...

I check the website every 2 hours. My wife's interview at LAX was on 10/17, and I managed to get her rescheduled to 07/22. The extra time checking hoping someone cancel... paid off. It should be the same for you in Boston.

gogzyATX Jul 16, 2014 10:35 am

Global Entry - Interview Availability

It looks like they have increased the number of hours for Global Entry interview appointments in Austin, presumably to reduce the backlog.

When I first signed up for an appointment, the first available was in January 2015. I've been checking daily for cancellations, and yesterday found that there were now a bunch of appointments available next week.

As it stands right now, there is a lot of availability in July and August.

warreng24 Jul 26, 2014 6:45 am

Global Entry Interview Scheduling Question

My GF has been trying get her GE interview in BOS since April.

She's made two appointments via GOES. About a week before the appointment she gets an email from CBP saying that her interview date/time has been canceled.

I looked into it and each time she has made an appointment on a weekend or in the late afternoon on a weekday.

Her currently scheduled appointment is Sunday.

I found that CBP lists the BOS hours as 10:30AM - 2:30PM, Monday - Friday

So, my question is, why does GOES allow her to make appointments outside the operating hours of the BOS office? .... No wonder all her appointments keep getting canceled.

The next available date is November!

I don't recall having this much trouble when I got my GE a few years ago.

Anyone else having this kind of trouble?

myburg Jul 26, 2014 7:52 am

If she travels, can she schedule the interview at another airport? We got ours at Dulles and there were TONS of available appointments. In fact, I could have scheduled mine within a day or so (and well beyond that) of getting conditional approval.

MSPeconomist Jul 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Some offices had been accepting walk ins for GE interviews. Check if this is possible.

Often1 Jul 26, 2014 4:26 pm

The official answer is that you can't do a walk-in. Just show up at BOS, explain the problem and see if they can take you. It's almost always yes.

Mike Jacoubowsky Aug 29, 2014 10:56 am

Global Entry - Interview Availability

So if you're looking for an earlier appointment, how do you find it? Every single time I log on, it shows me the calendar for appointments 3.5 months out, and searching manually, I never find anything earlier.

If there is an earlier appointment due to cancellation, will it automatically suggest it, or do you have to hunt for it? If the latter, how?

And is there a best time to look? Thanks!

Usalv Aug 29, 2014 11:19 am

Global Entry Interviews in Houston at IAH

I just got my interview invite today. I'm in the Houston Area and at IAH the next available appointment is Sept 23 2014 and at the City Hall Visitor Center the next appointment is Nov 19th. Wow!!

thank you

Randyk47 Aug 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky (Post 23444222)
So if you're looking for an earlier appointment, how do you find it? Every single time I log on, it shows me the calendar for appointments 3.5 months out, and searching manually, I never find anything earlier.

If there is an earlier appointment due to cancellation, will it automatically suggest it, or do you have to hunt for it? If the latter, how?

And is there a best time to look? Thanks!

Initially the local office wasn't showing any appointments at all. Since you have to at least set an appointment within 30 days of receiving the provisional approval notification I was a bit concerned. I started checking every morning and was about to just go down to the airport when some appointments for like a month or more out appeared. Took one of those but kept checking almost every morning, even a few evenings, and actually caught a couple of openings at closer dates and better times. I think in all I changed three times until I caught one just a week away at a decent time. There's no way to have the system alert you to an opening. You have to keep checking and hunting for a better time.

gobluetwo Aug 29, 2014 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Randyk47 (Post 23444624)
You have to keep checking and hunting for a better time.

This is my experience as well. I just kept checking pretty much daily until I found one that worked with my schedule and was reasonably soon (within 2-3 weeks).

Mike Jacoubowsky Aug 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Randyk47 (Post 23444624)
Initially the local office wasn't showing any appointments at all. Since you have to at least set an appointment within 30 days of receiving the provisional approval notification I was a bit concerned. I started checking every morning and was about to just go down to the airport when some appointments for like a month or more out appeared. Took one of those but kept checking almost every morning, even a few evenings, and actually caught a couple of openings at closer dates and better times. I think in all I changed three times until I caught one just a week away at a decent time. There's no way to have the system alert you to an opening. You have to keep checking and hunting for a better time.

So when you checked, the earlier dates showed up on the opening screen?

Randyk47 Aug 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky (Post 23445739)
So when you checked, the earlier dates showed up on the opening screen?

I obviously can't get back there since I'm approved and a card carrying GE but as I recall it required I go to the schedule appointment tab then the location of my choice even after I had an appointment. Once I got to the right location then sometimes better appointment times and dates would show up.

sperkins921 Sep 4, 2014 5:14 pm

GOES system allows booking Sat GE interview appts at locations not open on Sat? (MCO)

So I went through applying for and got conditional approval for Global Entry (GE). That was on August 16. The nearest airport to me is BOS and it was booking out (at the time) until Christmas. JFK and the NYC facilities are a pain in my you know what to get to, and I have a trip in September that I would have liked to use the number for.

Long story short, I happened to see an opening at MCO for Sept 13 in the system (actually the schedule was about 60% open, 40% booked) and since airfare was cheap- I took the spot.

I happened to be checking the possibility of doing a walk in at Dulles due to an unexpected trip down there and noticed that apparently the MCO office isn't even open on Saturdays? How does the system let people book on a day when an office isn't even open?

I double checked, my appointment is for MCO and NOT Sanford (which *is* listed as having Sat appts) so it was not a mere mistake of me mis-reading the center info. And, to make matters worse, I went and checked other Saturdays for MCO and there are slots open with many of them booked!

I tried to call down to ask someone and no one answered, but even the voicemail said they weren't open on Saturdays.

Am I hosed? Anyone else use MCO on a Saturday for GE interview recently and can share? Should I just try for a walk in at IAD DCA or BWI?

Randyk47 Sep 4, 2014 5:42 pm

My interview was on a Saturday despite the fact that the posted hours and days were only Monday through Friday. No guarantee that your location will for sure be open but I guess only a call will verify that.