Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
From what I can gather, you need to pay and if accepted schedule an interview within a certain period of time.

I'll only be in the the States for two weeks in September, Denver (no walkins) and wouldn't want to pay and then find out there isn't any availability.

The websites don't answer this question, and when I emailed the message said it would take 2-3 weeks to answer.
@JapanFlyerT Data point for you. My wife got Conditional Approval on 2/22, I logged in and scheduled her appointment then. The closest available at that time was 9/15, so that's when she is scheduled.

Get this, I just logged her on to check appointment availability and it shows DEN as being "Fully Booked" and no available dates. I looked a couple of weeks ago and they were well into October already.

Myself, I got lucky. I got my CA on 2/22 also and had my appointment for 9/15. Within minutes I tried to reschedule and found an opening for 4/5! Got the interview done yesterday and DEN and was painless.

**I can confirm that there were signs posted that walk-in interviews are NOT accepted due to high volume of applications. Only existing GE members for account updates are accepted as walk-in.**
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by madmike283
@JapanFlyerT Data point for you. My wife got Conditional Approval on 2/22, I logged in and scheduled her appointment then. The closest available at that time was 9/15, so that's when she is scheduled.

Get this, I just logged her on to check appointment availability and it shows DEN as being "Fully Booked" and no available dates. I looked a couple of weeks ago and they were well into October already.

Myself, I got lucky. I got my CA on 2/22 also and had my appointment for 9/15. Within minutes I tried to reschedule and found an opening for 4/5! Got the interview done yesterday and DEN and was painless.

**I can confirm that there were signs posted that walk-in interviews are NOT accepted due to high volume of applications. Only existing GE members for account updates are accepted as walk-in.**
Thanks for the info @madmike283

That is what I needed to hear, although I was hoping for someone to say Sept was wide open at the moment. I may end up in LA for a couple days as well which might increase my chances.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

@JapanFlyerT,

I moved your question about how long it takes to get a conditional approval to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
San Diego Intl airport showing mid to end of June OPEN

Was just able to snag an LAX appt for this week (13th) -

Last edited by NickP 1K; Apr 10, 2017 at 11:33 am
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:50 am

Question Appoitment Availability

A friend who lives in NYC tried to get an appointment in early May at JFK and nothing was available. She then looked at Boston, DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia same story.
However MIA was totally open and she got an appointment for this week? Why so much availability at MIA?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by laf747
A friend who lives in NYC tried to get an appointment in early May at JFK and nothing was available. She then looked at Boston, DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia same story.
However MIA was totally open and she got an appointment for this week? Why so much availability at MIA?
Not as many applicants.

If your friend logs into her GOES account and do a new search several times a day, she will find something much closer in a week or less.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Not as many applicants.

If your friend logs into her GOES account and do a new search several times a day, she will find something much closer in a week or less.
Even with it presently showing no availability at all?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:03 am

Even with it presently showing no availability at all?
Yes, cancellation happens all the time and data is live. Thus available interview slots change constantly, best time to check is when your interested Global Entry office is open. This was how many of us got a much closer-in interview slot. Please note there are two locations in NYC; one in JFK and another in downtown.

Please come back and let us know what she fines.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:04 am

Yes. Available interview slots change constantly, best time to check is when your interested Global Entry location is open. This was how many of us got a much closer in interview slot.

Please come back and let us know what she fines.
Thanks. Will do
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Thanks. Will do
If you see NOTHING and are getting close to cut off to book - book anything you can where you are willing to do a cheap Southwest or other flight to do the appt (don't book the air yet though) - then keep trying to get a closer in local appt. Pretty much assure you if you look every 2-3 hours when centers are open you will see closer in dates appear as prior poster suggested. These are cancels or walk in's or consolidates for multiple people where the user is now interviewed and the original interview opens up right away
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:39 am

Thanks for all the advice. Just spoke with her and she is keeping the earlier MIA appointment since she planned to be down there anyway
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:59 am

Thanks for all the advice. Just spoke with her and she is keeping the earlier MIA appointment since she planned to be down there anyway
In that case, it is a no brainer. MIA is also great for cruise passengers.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:02 pm

In that case, it is a no brainer. MIA is also great for cruise passengers.
I agree it's great for cruise passengers that's why I am so surprised the availability is so wide open at MIA!!!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:22 pm

I agree it's great for cruise passengers that's why I am so surprised the availability is so wide open at MIA!!!
Maybe they do not know. Most people think of center/s near where they live.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:51 am

May not help a lot of us, but as of this morning MCI has a lot of openings on Saturdays and Sundays in May. They didn't have these yesterday.

Update: As kklems pointed out, this could be an error in the calendar, as the Customs web site shows MCI only open Tues-Thr. After reading other posts in this thread, I would not book on these days.

Update #2 : Agent at MCI on 4/18 confirmed the Saturday and Sunday interview times in May are accurate. You can sign up without worry (and I did!)

Last edited by stevehuff; Apr 18, 2017 at 10:16 pm Reason: Updated information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.