Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Immigration and Customs don't get days off for holidays. People travel on holidays, thus they still have to be there at the airport. If it was a location in an office building then you might have an issue, but airports are staffed everyday. Also for IAH don't you need to be flying that day to get access? If I remember the office for GE is inside security by the E Terminal United Club. I know when I signed up and picked an appointment at IAH, it was noted that you must be traveling to get access to it. It's why IAH always had better availibilty for booking since you could only get an appointment on a day you were traveling at IAH.
Thanks for the info on holidays. Makes sense, I just though the GE process was extra service so it might end up closed. There are actually two GE service areas at IAH. One is inside security but the original one is down in the international arrivals area where people meet passengers. (They have both listed in the drop-down for appointments.) It would be nice if they had one at Hobby too now that it is international.

FWIW
DLM
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by dmunz
Wife and son both got approved for GE within 8 days (yes, 8 days), I went to schedule them and got times on Saturday 9/3. We had a scheduling conflict with that day so I tried to rebook for the following Saturday. Nothing is there now and all the Saturdays look blocked out through October.

I really don't want to pull my son out of school for a weekday appointment so I'll keep checking but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had success for at Saturday appointment at IAH.

<snip>

TIA
DLM
All better now - weekend appointments are back open at IAH. Kind of interesting that they were blocked over the weekend (while mid-week appointments were showing available.)

FWIW
DLM
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:21 am

Update:
Applied 7/6
Conditionally approved 7/19
First apt. avail in Boston Logan was March 2017. I refreshed thousands of times for about 2 weeks and got a 9/3 apt. I could have gotten earlier, but my schedule didn't work. I found that open appts were gone in 1-2 mins or quicker. So, others are doing the same thing. I got a late September apt for my spouse.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:20 pm

AUS availability

Both wife and I applied together. When we looked for availability on Sep 2nd, there were no appointments available at all. I've been constantly monitoring availability throughout the weekend. A couple of slots opened up, one in November and one on Sep 10th. I grabbed them but still kept looking. Finally, a whole bunch of slots opened up for Sep 7th on the day before and I was able to pick the same timeslot for both of us.

During the interview, the officer mentioned that he'd opened up quite a few slots for the next few days. Apparently, they were all taken up already. He hinted that they may open up more slots since the demand is very high.

If you are based in AUS or are looking for appointments there, don't give up yet. Keep checking for slots to open up.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:24 am

NYC region

looking for the first time today, first available one was
EWR 11/5

1 hour later, I see
EWR 10/24

2 hours later, I see
JFK 9/28, 9/18 and 9/14

interesting...

Last edited by paperwastage; Sep 9, 2016 at 8:33 am
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by paperwastage
NYC region

looking for the first time today, first available one was
EWR 11/5

1 hour later, I see
EWR 10/24

2 hours later, I see
JFK 9/28, 9/18 and 9/14

interesting...
If you keep checking diligently, you may find something in the next 24 hours.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 7:12 am

Has anyone ever seen a US Customs House cancellation opening? I see JFK all the time, comes and goes very quickly, but constantly. Never seen activity at the US Customs House.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:40 pm

I helped my BF with his Global Entry application. The current appointment dates for SFO are now in 3/2017.

Data points:
Applied: 8/26/2016
Conditional approval 9/5/2016
Original interview date: 2/24/2017 in SFO.

I kept checking (frequently) daily and was able to move up his appointment: 1/7/2017 -> 12/27/2016 -> 12/24/2016 -> 9/14/2016!!!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:26 am

FYI - apparently, there was a computer/network issue last night and those with appointments at SFO were told to come back today (and put on some waiting list?). The wait list was not clearly communicated to the staff today. More agents/supervisors were called in to help get through the backlog from yesterday and those with appointments today. The agents were able to squeeze some of those from last night in with those who did have appointments.

BF waited 30 minutes after his time slot to be called in. Interview took about 5 minutes.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:10 pm

FYI, SFO just opened up a bunch of interview slots for late October! Grab them quick!!
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:18 pm

7 + month wait at PDX!

I was just approved for a Global Entry interview (9/24/2016). The first available interview slot is in early May 2017 - over 7 months.

That is INSANE!

Any advice?
I hope to try a walk-in
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:34 am

First available LAX interview is April 2017! I will check everyday and hope there will be cancellations...
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by thewelts
I was conditionally approved on September 24, 2016. The first appointment at PDX (Portland, Oregon) is on May 2, 2017 - over 7 months. This is outrageous!!!
Any advice?
Do a new search every five minutes. Most likely in 48 hours you will find something more acceptable. Best time to check is when your local office is open.

If you are traveling somewhere in the near future, check that area's availability.

Let us know what you end up with.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:37 pm

Update

I was approved for an interview on September 24, 2016. The first interview slot at PDX is currently May 3, 2017 - over 7 months from now... INSANITY!

Any success with walk-ins at PDX?
Cancellations?
This morning a September interview opened up (4 days from today). I'm thrilled, but it is pointless if the other 3 members of my family can't get appointments until May.

I guess I will continue to compulsively check for cancellations and new openings.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:57 pm

This morning a September interview opened up (4 days from today). I'm thrilled, but it is pointless if the other 3 members of my family can't get appointments until May.

I guess I will continue to compulsively check for cancellations and new openings.
You can try your luck at your interview slot. Have three other members go with you with their documentation. Ask officer nicely and see if s/he would take them. Worse case s/he says no. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Good luck and let us know your result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.