Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 10, 20, 2:49 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
From the DHS Trusted Traveler Programs website:

Effective March 20, 2020, out of an abundance of caution and in the interest of minimizing exposure and controlling the spread of the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak, all US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Program Enrollment Centers will suspend operations until at least July 6, 2020. This temporary closure includes all public access to Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST enrollment locations. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience through this process. Enrollment on Arrival remains operational at participating airports.
Please note that according to our resident CBP officer, maninblack, Entry on Arrival is still available.

You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Old Aug 17, 17, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, SPG LT Plat
Ditto about SFO. Was taken to Feb 2018 page. Nothing at west cost airports earlier this week when I was checking (SAN, LAX, PDX and SEA). Just so happened work trip came up that had me visiting DFW. Snagged a date and make the trip fit my new schedule.

Now there's an option to have your interview when entering the country! This may be the route wife will have to go. No chance of doing a walk-in and wait at SFO before we depart for Europe in four weeks.
Old Aug 18, 17, 11:17 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc View Post
Ditto about SFO. Was taken to Feb 2018 page. Nothing at west cost airports earlier this week when I was checking (SAN, LAX, PDX and SEA). Just so happened work trip came up that had me visiting DFW. Snagged a date and make the trip fit my new schedule.

Now there's an option to have your interview when entering the country! This may be the route wife will have to go. No chance of doing a walk-in and wait at SFO before we depart for Europe in four weeks.
If I were you, I would check diligently everyday for a cancellation at SFO for your wife. You still have four weeks to go. Very likely, in less than one week, you will find a cancellation slot suits your wife's schedule. Once she is approved, she can use Global Entry kiosk upon her return. She is also likely to have TSA Pre check when she leaves U.S.
Old Aug 19, 17, 8:27 pm

Programs: TSA PreCheck, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc View Post
Enrollment at Arrival is available at 5 international airports. The only west coast location is SFO. The CBP news release is here.
Once a traveler is conditionally-approved, instead of scheduling an interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center, the traveler can complete the enrollment interview during CBP primary inspection at a participating airport. Upon arrival, travelers will be directed to a primary booth designated specifically for Enrollment on Arrival. A CBP officer will conduct both the primary processing and Global Entry interview and collect the travelerís biometrics to complete the enrollment. The traveler will then be cleared for entry into the United States and will be a Global Entry member.
"Follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You wonít need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport)."
Old Aug 19, 17, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Please discuss the CBP Global Entry enrollment on arrival program in the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 12, 17 at 9:39 am Reason: Update link
Old Aug 20, 17, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent question and a reply about the possibility of having a walk-in interview at the San Ysidro/Otay Mesa enrollment center were moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Aug 25, 17, 2:40 pm

What are people doing about the need to schedule an appt. in 30 days but none are available? For CLT, nothing is showing up as available. I just get a page saying nothing is available.

Should I just take an appt. for any center far enough out and then keep looking for a cancellation and/or walk-in?
Old Aug 25, 17, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by dvpatel View Post
Should I just take an appt. for any center far enough out and then keep looking for a cancellation and/or walk-in?
Exactly!

To clarify, the interview itself does not have to take place within 30 days. Within 30 days you need to select a date that can be several months in the future. Then keep checking for cancellations at an enrollment center closer to your location.
Old Aug 26, 17, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Exactly!

To clarify, the interview itself does not have to take place within 30 days. Within 30 days you need to select a date that can be several months in the future. Then keep checking for cancellations at an enrollment center closer to your location.
Thank you for the move. Was confused with so many different threads.

I first took an appt for PHL for 10/23. Was trying ATL, CLT, EWR and PHL.

Then, yesterday evening, one opened up for PHL for 9:30 AM on Monday. I cannot make that even though I am in Philly next week as our offices are 45 minutes out in Valley Forge, PA. Kept checking and a few hours later, miraculously, an appt. opened up for 5 PM in PHL. I land in PHL at 4:35 so its cutting it close and I have studied on how to get there the fastest possible way and thankfully I am upfront in the jet so I'll make a dash for the office tomorrow armed with my passport etc.

Only regret is that I won't get an extra year as my b'day is in November and I can wait but I just want this mess over with.
Old Aug 27, 17, 9:03 pm

Found the office and was in and out in 5 - 10 minutes. Barely had to wait a minute in waiting area before the officer came and grabbed me for the interview. He checked the passport, the driver's license and approved it. No questions were asked. Only small talk as to where I was from in NC etc. He did bring up a non-charged confiscation of whole cumin seeds we had in 2012 in ATL.

Since it was non-charged, no issues with the approval. He did tell me to play it safe and not bring any food items while using GE.

Thank you for the posts. They helped.
Old Sep 7, 17, 12:51 am

From another thread:
Originally Posted by Nickarooney View Post
Applied: 8/31
Conditional Approval: 9/4
Interviewed/Approved: 9/6 (and that was only because the office is closed on Tues.)

If you are having problems getting an interview come to Gulfport, Mississippi - seems nobody knows it is there.
Old Sep 22, 17, 9:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Got my Global Entry applications (my wife, kid, and I) approved today (took 4 business days), but holy cruds was finding an interview time nearly impossible.

I knew pre-application that I would have to travel at least 4 hours each way by car to the nearest interview center, but I didn't do my diligence to figure out that those nearest interview centers (Kansas City and DFW) have next to no availability.

The cities I am visiting this fall that have centers are completely booked up during those weeks I am there. Kansas City seems to have zero availability at all, and DFW isn't available until late December.

IAH on the other hand is nearly wide open, including tomorrow. Thought for a few minutes of killing my weekend going down there to get it done with, but decided I might as well wait and go to DFW in December which is less out of the way.

I can accept that only major cities will have interview centers, but it is downright frustrating to find that many cities with centers are nearly impossible to schedule, while other centers must have interview agents twiddling on their phones all day. Making last minute checks for openings is impractical when there are three of us, the trip is 8 hours round trip, etc.

Last edited by MarkOK; Sep 22, 17 at 10:07 am
Old Sep 22, 17, 11:05 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by MarkOK View Post
Got my Global Entry applications (my wife, kid, and I) approved today (took 4 business days), but holy cruds was finding an interview time nearly impossible.

I knew pre-application that I would have to travel at least 4 hours each way by car to the nearest interview center, but I didn't do my diligence to figure out that those nearest interview centers (Kansas City and DFW) have next to no availability.

The cities I am visiting this fall that have centers are completely booked up during those weeks I am there. Kansas City seems to have zero availability at all, and DFW isn't available until late December.

IAH on the other hand is nearly wide open, including tomorrow. Thought for a few minutes of killing my weekend going down there to get it done with, but decided I might as well wait and go to DFW in December which is less out of the way.

I can accept that only major cities will have interview centers, but it is downright frustrating to find that many cities with centers are nearly impossible to schedule, while other centers must have interview agents twiddling on their phones all day. Making last minute checks for openings is impractical when there are three of us, the trip is 8 hours round trip, etc.
If I were you, I would keep checking for cancellations at Global Entry offices that you are interested in, especially during their office hours. In less than two weeks, you should be able to find something suitable for you.

If you cannot find openings for all three of you on the same day, go together anyway and ask. Worse case is only scheduled individual/s will be interviewed. You have nothing to lose.

Please come back and let us know your result.
Old Sep 22, 17, 11:51 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
If I were you, I would keep checking for cancellations at Global Entry offices that you are interested in, especially during their office hours. In less than two weeks, you should be able to find something suitable for you.

If you cannot find openings for all three of you on the same day, go together anyway and ask. Worse case is only scheduled individual/s will be interviewed. You have nothing to lose.

+1

Every person who does a "walk in" to a GE interview without an appointment causes their scheduled appointment to free up for someone else. The "totally booked" appointment calendar changes constantly throughout the day - keep checking!
Old Sep 22, 17, 11:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post

I have a couple short trips to DFW in October and November that the family is coming along that includes a Friday when they are open, and I will check before each trip for openings. The wait isn't all that bad for us since the next family flight isn't until January, and we aren't going international until March at the earliest, but I have a number of domestic flights later this fall and wanted to get the global entry set up sooner just for the TSA pre-check privileges. I may try my own luck with a walk-in during my next business trip just to get me done sooner too.

I'm just annoyed by the fact that not only is the middle of the country underserved in terms of locations, but the locations that are within a day's drive of here are obviously in very high demand while there are certain cities (like Houston) where they may have multiple locations and tons of openings. I don't expect efficiencies in government operations, but they've concentrated so much availability in a just few chosen pockets of the country.
Old Sep 26, 17, 3:57 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond, Ritz-Carlton Gold
LAX interview schedule

Providing another data point..

Applied my infant son for GE 9/21.. Received CA on 9/25.
Logged in today to schedule interview and first available at LAX (we are in SoCal) was FEBRUARY 6, 2018.

Nothing available at Long Beach.

Obsessively refreshed for about 30 mins... (when I applied for myself few years back I was able to reschedule a month earlier so I persisted) and got 10/23!!! It's going to suck trying to get to LAX from Orange County by 9am, but I was really hoping to get GE for my son before our intl trip over Thanksgiving, so it all worked out

FYI, I did have the visualping chrome extension set up (refresh every min) and it did work, but it seems a little delayed.. I got the ping for the 10/23 slot I took (which I found through manual refresh) when I was done rescheduling.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: