Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think of Priority Pass lounge access program? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2007, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Do note that the RCC included is in the international terminal, so I guess not available for domestic flights.
I had not noticed that
Old Oct 23, 2007, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Is there a comprehensive list available anywhere? Now that more and more airlines have begun restricting lounge access to "when flying on airline X", the PP is more interesting as a catch-all. But if they think I'm giving up $600 without knowing where it gets me in, they're crazy.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 1:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
A sort of related question. I already have the PP (the most comprehensive version, that comes with the Amex Plat charge card.) Now do I need a (departing) BP to access an airside lounge on arrival? (Obviously only relevant in airports that mix arriving and departing pax!)

For eg. if I arrive into BCN on BA, and I do not leave the airside area but in order to kill some time decide to access a PP lounge without an onward connecting BP. Possible? All I'd have would be the stub from the arriving BP, and of course the PP card.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 1:51 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by alanw
Is there a comprehensive list available anywhere? Now that more and more airlines have begun restricting lounge access to "when flying on airline X", the PP is more interesting as a catch-all. But if they think I'm giving up $600 without knowing where it gets me in, they're crazy.
You can search by country and airport using the link below:

http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/index.cfm

And if you want to download a printable list of destinations:

http://www.prioritypass.com/members/...loungeinfo.pdf
Old Oct 23, 2007, 1:53 pm

If you want to give Priority Pass a "trial" I would suggest you apply for a Saks World Elite Mastercard which will give you the basic PP membership for free. All visits will cost $24 but you will save the annual membership fee at least. No fee for the credit card at present.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm a regular user, but it comes free with my Amex card. I have used it at a few RCC's like PDX and I used it a few times at the US Air (former HP) clubs at LAX and LAS. For a few months US stopped accepting the card, but now it works again. Mostly I use it outside of the US.

Each month I get an email listing the changes. There are always a few new ones and some changes to the opening hours of certain clubs. But rarely do I see one go away, and if I do it is in some place like Libya.

Sorry, but the full lounge listing is for members only. I'm sure you can find out what you need to know here on Flyertalk though.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 2:04 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by alanw
Alan, you have seen that you now can get information about the lounges on www.prioritypass.com/Lounges ?

And they are currently offering a discount if you join them via www.freddieawards.com/ or on the direct link www.prioritypass.com/freddie07

I have joined them for a year from March 2006 to March 2007 and esp. on my trip in August it was worth the "ten visit free rate plan".

I am not sure, but I may have a PDF directory of the lounges anywhere on my office PC (but I doubt it)
Old Oct 23, 2007, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon
You can search by country and airport using the link below:

http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/index.cfm

And if you want to download a printable list of destinations:

http://www.prioritypass.com/members/...loungeinfo.pdf
Note that if you are logged in you can get a much more detailed pdf list that lists the actual lounges, not just the airports.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 7:51 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I am interested in a Priority Pass membership. I currently have a Presidents Club membership. Do you get the same treatment as "regular" lounge members? (If my flight is cancelled will the agents give me as much help?) Are guest privileges available for non-US lounges? (Part of the reason I'm thinking of changing is that I can't bring guests into non-CO lounges outside of the US) If I don't get a Priority Pass, I'd probably go with World Clubs because (at least as I read the info) I can take a guest into the KL lounge in AMS. The other advantage is when I fly through airports without a SkyTeam lounge.

I'd really like to hear from folks who have a Priority Pass about their experiences.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 8:29 am
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by manneca
I am interested in a Priority Pass membership. I currently have a Presidents Club membership. Do you get the same treatment as "regular" lounge members? (If my flight is cancelled will the agents give me as much help?) Are guest privileges available for non-US lounges? (Part of the reason I'm thinking of changing is that I can't bring guests into non-CO lounges outside of the US) If I don't get a Priority Pass, I'd probably go with World Clubs because (at least as I read the info) I can take a guest into the KL lounge in AMS. The other advantage is when I fly through airports without a SkyTeam lounge.

I'd really like to hear from folks who have a Priority Pass about their experiences.
I have always received what I believe is the same treatment as "regular" members.

You can bring in guests, but you have to pay for it. As of Nov 1, the guest fee will be $27. That is also the per visit fee if you do not have the "all you can eat" plan or have gone over the 10 visit plan or whatever.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 1:31 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
And they are currently offering a discount if you join them via www.freddieawards.com/ or on the direct link www.prioritypass.com/freddie07
Is this discounted price also applicable to prospective members outside of the U.S.?
Old Oct 29, 2007, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Oxb
I have always received what I believe is the same treatment as "regular" members.

You can bring in guests, but you have to pay for it. As of Nov 1, the guest fee will be $27. That is also the per visit fee if you do not have the "all you can eat" plan or have gone over the 10 visit plan or whatever.
Thanks for the information.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by manneca
I had one for a number of years before I had any airline status. In the UK, the lounges are mainly independent (ie non-airline run) ones which are not a patch on the BA or Virgin ones but are certainly better than sitting outside. It also saved my sanity once on a low-cost flight out of Luton with 3 friends which was delayed by 3 hours. US readers should know that all booze is obviously free! The best UK lounge is Gatwick North, where you can use the Delta lounge, and Heathrow T4 where you get the KLM Holideck.

Today I still have my PP (comes free with a Plat Amex - this is a cheap way to get it) despite my airline statuses. It comes in useful at places where BA (for eg) has a tiny, rammed lounge but there is an empty PP lounge next door. Or where the PP lounge is nearer the gate than the official lounge. Or where I simply get bored in the official lounge and decide to see what else is available!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 2:07 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

I can add to what Raffles stated. I've had my PP for 4 years now, the first while I had no status with any airline. I've now made it to Elite+ with Skyteam, but it's a nice complement when traveling with non-Skyteam airlines or when I'm flying domestic in the US ...

I have to agree, the Holideck at T4 is great (and, not advertised very clearly, there's free Wifi .. check the little pieces of paper on the wall).

It's also been nice at TFS ... where they serve nice 1/2 size bottles of good Spanish wine ... away from the holiday crowds.

I'm on the 10 free visit plan, and that's perfect for my level of usage ... this year, I'll end around 8 visits, but between a couple of drinks, free Internet in some lounges and the quietness, it's well worth it. (When given the choice in the US, avoid the UA RCC, and go for DL, CO or NW lounges ... the free booze is a nice bonus )

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Last edited by GenevaFlyer; Oct 30, 2007 at 2:07 pm Reason: Clarified RCC
Old Oct 30, 2007, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A la carte alternative

For the occasional users, there is a little-known alternative in this company, with pay-per-use access to lounges in most major European airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.