What do you think of Priority Pass lounge access program? [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think of Priority Pass lounge access program? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 3:19 pm

Programs: Peon in all
I find it useful, as it does not matter what airline you are flying on. If you're at an airport with a PP club, you can get in! (If you're in BOS flying on AA, you can still get in the CO club, or if you're in ORD flying on UA, you can still get in the DL club, etc...)

It sure is cheaper than buying a Club membership each for AA, UA, CO, DL, NW, etc...! (Especially if you are only in those cities 1 or 2 times a year!)
Old Apr 18, 2007, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
OK, no one else has doen this so I will. Here's what you get with a Search on PriorityPass inthis forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...archid=1030700

For the record, I'm in my 4th year of PriorityPass membership and I love it.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:44 am

I've got status with the airlines I fly the most (duh!) but even so I have a pp and I find it useful:
  • if the airline lounge is too crowded, and an alternative is available via PP that is more calm
  • if the airline for some reason gets to/from a terminal far from their own lounge
  • if occasionally flying with other carriers where I do not have status.

It's not free, but I think that it's worth it.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:22 am

Programs: alaska mileage plan
well with your advice in mind..i'll go grab my wallet!
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:40 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I am both a NW WC member as well as a PP cardholder (thanks to my Citi Chairman card). I found that PP is great, but not very useful to a NW WC member who flies Sky Team airlines. That's because I can already access most of the lounges in the Sky Team-served terminals, especially in the US.

I suppose if I traveled to more foreign destinations (especially smaller international airports), PP might have been more useful.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 3:28 pm

I signed up to a free 60 day trial to priority traveller (http://www.prioritytraveler.com/Spec...ip-Options.cfm) and included with this you get a 60 day trial for priority pass ... try it and see if you like it!

The 'priority traveller' package doesn't seem worth it to me (the usual luggage tags and hotel 'deals' which are no cheaper than anywhere else) ... but I'll enjoy trying out priority pass.

Regards,
Al
Old Apr 22, 2007, 6:38 pm

For the life of me I can't figure out how to sign up for priority pass or figure out where they talk about pricing. Can someone give me a direct link. Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2007, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Actually, the new version of the Chairman Card comes in two weeks so you should wait for that...do not exactly when NEW applicants can apply though....but the Priority Pass from Chairman allows unlimited visits and 2 guests free with you....
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold
Originally Posted by the_traveler
I find it useful, as it does not matter what airline you are flying on. If you're at an airport with a PP club, you can get in! (If you're in BOS flying on AA, you can still get in the CO club, or if you're in ORD flying on UA, you can still get in the DL club, etc...)

I was under the impression that you could only get into the club of the airline that you are flying that day. This would be a big benefit if it's not the case. I tend to fly UA, but prefer the NWA WC, as it has free wi-fi and free booze.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:08 pm

The Priority Pass website lists the airports that have lounges available, but not which specific lounge. Can someone with a membership post a list or at least look up a couple lounges? It would be a bummer to sign up only to find out the the PP lounge is in a different terminal or opposite side of the airport.

....nevermind..... I figured it out
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:34 pm

Our PP paid for itself on our first trip. In-country flights from Cuzco to Lime are early AM to get the denser morning air. International flights from Lima leave around midnight. We were too fagged from travel to do much sightseeing in Lima. Spending our hours on a leather sofa instead of a hard plastic chair was a Godsend.

When me bride was on the road a lot my gift of a PP to her worked great. Now that we travel together a lot, my membership is piggybacked on hers.

PP coverage of USA airports is so-so. But overseas it is great!
Old May 2, 2007, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by marble
I signed up to a free 60 day trial to priority traveller (http://www.prioritytraveler.com/Spec...ip-Options.cfm) and included with this you get a 60 day trial for priority pass ... try it and see if you like it!

The 'priority traveller' package doesn't seem worth it to me (the usual luggage tags and hotel 'deals' which are no cheaper than anywhere else) ... but I'll enjoy trying out priority pass.

Regards,
Al
Even with the 60-day trial, though, you will still need to pay $24 (or more) per person entry fee to each participating lounge that you visit. (Read the fine print where it says "* after a visit to a lounge a fee of just £15/€24/US$24 per person per visit is charged to your designated payment card.") It is equivalent to the Priority Pass "standard membership" where the annual fee is only $99, but each lounge visit costs $24 per person.
Old May 2, 2007, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by jzoz01
I was under the impression that you could only get into the club of the airline that you are flying that day. This would be a big benefit if it's not the case. I tend to fly UA, but prefer the NWA WC, as it has free wi-fi and free booze.
What would be the point of joining Priority Pass in the first place if you were restricted to only the lounges belonging to the airline on which you are traveling? It would be an extremely bad bargain, to say the least!
Old May 2, 2007, 2:40 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by myfrogger
For the life of me I can't figure out how to sign up for priority pass or figure out where they talk about pricing. Can someone give me a direct link. Thanks
Here's the pricing:

http://www.prioritypass.com/Join/What-It-Costs.cfm

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old May 2, 2007, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
What would be the point of joining Priority Pass in the first place if you were restricted to only the lounges belonging to the airline on which you are traveling? It would be an extremely bad bargain, to say the least!
The AMEX Platinum get's you lounge access in this manner.

"Receive complimentary access to participating Continental Airlines Presidents Club, Delta Crown Room Club®, and Northwest Airlines WorldClubs® locations in airports around the world.1 Simply present the club agent with your Platinum Card, your ticket valid for sameday travel on the corresponding airline that is operating the flight, and a governmentissued ID."

Typically the club closest to your gate will be of the airline you're flying. I don't see how that would be an "extremely bad bargain, to say the least!".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.