Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by haa
+1. I think there should be a UN resolution (or similar global rule) that every hotel should have a sign on the wall opposite the bed, so you see it when you get up, stating: city, country, timezone, currency.
An app that shows that on the lock screen of your phone based on location manager information would be a reasonable substitute.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Putnik
When you mostly buy toiletries in the travel/trial size aisle.
I rarely buy full sized perfume now. Sephora carries travel size spray tubes in a wide variety of scents. Or l carry the little sample tubes from whatever.

Come to think of it, most of my make-up comes from the travel section at Sephora these days. And toiletries from the travel section at Boots.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM
When you spend a couple minutes explaining to the hotel desk clerk that you are checking out of room 1045, and she patiently reminds you that the hotel only has 3 floors. You start to argue, then remember the 10th floor was yesterday’s hotel.
brp1264 and MEABFlyer like this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: AY+
When you have been in same city for several times and have actually only seen it from plane or taxis window
MEABFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
When you're about to open the door to hang the Do Not Disturb sign and realize you're home and the door knob your hand is on is your front door.

(I did this once after a three week, multi-hotel trip. I was exhausted and jet lagged and actually opened my apartment door before it hit me that I was home.)
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
When you see a poster advertising "Munich from £1,099", and your immediate thoughts are:-
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
And then you realise that the poster is advertising a sofa.
ilcannone likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:37 pm

Unless that sofa is made out of unicorn fur, that seems awfully overpriced.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Lightbulb full disclosure: this did NOT happen to me, but I can see it ...

you regularly connect at JFK on Delta, and for the past few years have instinctively gone to the terminal corresponding to the first digit of your flight number ... you disembark from the redeye, see that your connecting flight number begins with 5, walk outside, turn right ... < FACEPALM >
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
When the check-in agent asks you where you're going and you can't remember, because this is just another trip somewhere. Had a good chuckle with the check-in agent last month.

To be fair, as long as I land in Switzerland, the airport hardly matters when I go see family
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by thebigben
To be fair, as long as I land in Switzerland, the airport hardly matters when I go see family
Long live SBB's AG!
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
When your friends are gobsmacked you have no plans in the pipeline for whatever reason.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by RRDD
You impress the person sitting next to you when take only 2 minutes to do the crossword puzzle in the airline magazine. Little do they realize that you've done the same puzzle four times that month.

A good one.

When the only way you realize what country you are in by the signs at the airport.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
When you wake up in a strange room and you try to figure out where you are and after several minutes you realize that you're home. This has happened to me.
MEABFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Basically, waking up and trying to figure out where you are, including like the above poster, when at home.

I think the former is much more common here than the latter though.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
When trying to find the hotel room laundry bag, to have it ready for pick-up in the morning, not finding any and realizing you are home

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.