Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
When you stop going to the lounges...
jacobguo likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: HAL Platinum, JetBlue, KrisFlyer, NWA, USAirways, Alaska Air
~ When you arrange to meet up for cocktails with the FA's on an overnight because you all miss each other and you know which hotel they use

~ When you go luggage shopping with a couple of FA's at the local mall because you like their luggage better than your own

~ When you drop off pastries and your special home-baked banana bread to the Flight Lounge on your way out on a different airline bc you know you'll miss all your FA buddies for the holiday

~ This one the most, though: When you find yourself standing in front of your bathroom sink at home waiting for the water to come on and you look under the sink to see if it's plugged in...

~ Oh, and last one: When you are in a restaurant at home with your SO and you say, "I wonder where that Flight Attendant is?"
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by BSpeaker
~ Oh, and last one: When you are in a restaurant at home with your SO and you say, "I wonder where that Flight Attendant is?"
Your SO must love to hear this one.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
You no longer buy toothpaste. Amenity kits and hotel dental kits have you covered.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by AStarr
You no longer buy toothpaste. Amenity kits and hotel dental kits have you covered.
This one is so true for me. I hate wasting things, so I am always saving the half-consumed shampoo bottles, extra soaps, toothpaste, whatever.

Haven't purchased any of that stuff for years - My bathroom closet is starting to look like a hotel supply shop.

Last year, I donated a bunch of the unopened stuff to a shelter.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I hate wasting things, so I am always saving the half-consumed shampoo bottles, extra soaps, toothpaste, whatever.

Haven't purchased any of that stuff for years - My bathroom closet is starting to look like a hotel supply shop.
Reminds me of the classic comment from 2009 by SYD-LHR on an earlier thread on this topic:

"You're kids get excited when visiting a friends house and say "Look daddie, big soaps".

jackal and AStarr like this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by mglvrug
Reminds me of the classic comment from 2009 by SYD-LHR on an earlier thread on this topic:

"You're kids get excited when visiting a friends house and say "Look daddie, big soaps".

Wow that's adorable
BSpeaker likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
This one is so true for me. I hate wasting things, so I am always saving the half-consumed shampoo bottles, extra soaps, toothpaste, whatever.

Last year, I donated a bunch of the unopened stuff to a shelter.
Sadly hotel conditioner and I don't get along. I usually need at least 3 bottles. Most just aren't the right quality but work in a pinch.

Good idea about donatimg them. I have so many floating around and can never seem to figure out what to do with them aside from passive aggressively slipping them into my SOs bag when we meet up on holidays. Because I know he's forgotten
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GfL
When you watch TV or movie, you can identify the type of aircraft by looking at the overhead bin.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by AStarr
Omg! My bathroom cabinet is full of mini bars of soap and tiny bottles of shampoo. Not to mention conditioner and all kinds of potions a balding middle aged man simply doesn't need.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
You fall asleep in the lounge, start to snore and someone wakes you up and accuses you of being a hobo. ;-)
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
You get asked about a recent trip and you have to reply "which one?".

The friend/family members goes on to "You know... The one to <insert city>" prompting you to have to ask "which one? Been there X times last week?"
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
When you accidentally pass your Star Gold card thinking it was your debit card to a cashier back home.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
When you keep track of tail numbers, and you realise that on the last airplane (EC-KCU) you've already flown 5 times belonging to 2 different airlines!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
When you accidentally pass your Star Gold card thinking it was your debit card to a cashier back home.
Membership and elite cards for both QF and NZ have debit cards embedded in them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.