Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
When you wake up and your first thought is "where the he** am I?", then have a momentary panic attack, thinking you should be in a different city, just before remembering it's your day off and you are at home.
Had that happen last night actually
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:29 am

I have leave my clothes in the bags for a couple of hours - days so I can avoid packing again for the next trip many times...
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:35 am

Getting invited to a United Club barman's wedding.

I also found 16 different currencies in my (office!) desk the other week.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
As for "You Know You Travel Too Much When"... you make pedantic arguments about airport codes like the above.
Winner!!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jacobguo
As a student having status with multiple airlines/hotel chains is super rare and (I think) should suffice.
Oi that's me... for the general public, yeah definitely rare. I do find it fun when gate agents or check in agents area confused because I'm not traveling for work and I'm young looking. I try to not dress poorly though
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I find it works best when the airport code is also a common abbreviation for the city's name-- SEA, SLC, DEN, to name a few. It works less well in cities where there are multiple airports or the airport code does not represent the city's name. "I'm looking forward to a week at MDW," said no one, ever.

There are some exceptions to the airport-name-is-similar-to-the-city-name principle. SFO is one. "Looking for restaurants suggestions for my trip to SFO!" is a common ask in my neck of the woods. But the answers are completely different depending on whether the asker is a) in SFO Airport, b) staying at one of the several large, conference oriented hotels next to the airport, or c) visiting San Francisco proper.

As for "You Know You Travel Too Much When"... you make pedantic arguments about airport codes like the above.
Jacksonville, Florida is like this. People who live there call it Jax (or the dreaded DUVAAAAAALLLLL). And of course the airport code is JAX.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
When your wife buys a new comforter not unlike one of the super comfy ones from your favorite hotel, and this excites you.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by tvtd
When your wife buys a new comforter not unlike one of the super comfy ones from your favorite hotel, and this excites you.
there is a mattress that I really like in a Hilton hotel... I've seriously considered trying to buy one
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
When you drop your daughter off at college and you realize how much you missed.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
... when it’s more habitual to know the direction in which your seat belt buckles – relative to that of your own personal automobile.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AStarr
there is a mattress that I really like in a Hilton hotel... I've seriously considered trying to buy one
Of all the hotels I've stayed at, Hilton has the best mattresses. So that's at least...shopping...right?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA P DL MR UA
When the CC CSR asks you where was your last flight to and you ask if it can be multiple choice, or at least can he give you a hint...
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by tvtd
Of all the hotels I've stayed at, Hilton has the best mattresses. So that's at least...shopping...right?
haha yes!

I also learned more about wine and bath products from travelling than in regular life! One of my favourite brands I discovered in a hotel. It was pretty funny. Also discovered I like sauternes on airplanes. Fun stuff
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
When you drop your daughter off at college and you realize how much you missed.
Inflection point for the thread? I feel kind of sad now.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I know one poor sod who found out the hard way.

'You know you fly too much when....you return home to find your wife can no longer be arsed hiding her lover from you.

Obviously not me.
Talking about this with coworkers and how much our families are not OK with us never being home. One coworkers chimed in that that is OK and that if our wives or girlfriends were OK with us not being home, then we should look for another wife of girlfriend.

When you're a car guy and you get to the LAX National Executive Emerald Club and none of the cars excite you, even though they have V8 Camaros, Challengers etc, because you've driven them all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.