Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by TiggBro
When you spend a couple minutes explaining to the hotel desk clerk that you are checking out of room 1045, and she patiently reminds you that the hotel only has 3 floors. You start to argue, then remember the 10th floor was yesterday’s hotel.
I stay mostly at Marriott's now and I just walk out almost all the time. Sometimes I'm nice enough to check out in the app.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Some mundane thing happens on your travels and you can't wait to post about it on FT.
gooselee and pewpew like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Some mundane thing happens on your travels and you can't wait to post about it on FT.
No, that's the sign of a wannabe traveler. A person who truly travels too much posts about crazy stuff as if it's all in a week's work-- because it is. Like the time I missed a train back to the big city and was put up in a hotel with bathroom tilework of cavorting naked people and a dispenser of hand lotion bolted to the wall next to the bed. Back to work the next morning.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Woke up this morning in a hotel, thinking I was in a lie-flat seat going TPAC
Parterre likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Woke up this morning in a hotel, thinking I was in a lie-flat seat going TPAC
Were you staying at the Bates Motel?
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sama
When you have been in same city for several times and have actually only seen it from plane or taxis window
Similarly...when you've been to a city four times and never seen it in the daylight.

Also, when you can drive unaided around cities three time-zones away, but need Google Maps to find the K-Mart in your "home"-town.

Bonus: When you know driving shortcuts that the locals don't even know about.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:36 pm
Suspended

You wake up in a hotel room and totally forget where you are. Not just in the moments after you wake, but for a good 20 minutes..you have to grab the phone book or look at your phone. This has happened to me more than once..usually after a whirlwind tour of cities in a short period of time. Looking out the window is no great help either, as many places in the US..particularly in the midwest, look the same from a geographical and biospheric standpoint..same trees, same hills, same weather. And same chain businesses outside the window.
kirkwoodj and MEABFlyer like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you forget to change your underwear after 10 transcons in 4 days.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
You know you've been in the same hotel too often when you notice that the light switches in your room this week are wired differently than the room switches in every other room you've been in over the past year. And then you call the front desk about it, and they have no clue that this particular room is different.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
When you forget to change your underwear after 10 transcons in 4 days.
I feel sorry for the people sitting next to/near you.

​​​​​​
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
When your friends start to question where it is you actually live anymore.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:47 am
Suspended

When you feel weird NOT carrying a bag with wheels
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:58 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Bumping this thread, because I finally feel like I have a good one, and I loved reading the stories in the old one.

Needed to get and wrap a gift today. Was going to get it at Walmart so I could get a gift bag etc all in one shot.

Was driving past a Best Buy that would also have what I needed.

My gift bag became the little paper bag Hilton gives you with your check in waters, and my tissue paper was today's front page of USA Today.

Nailed it.
kirkwoodj, gooselee and Oxnardjan like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by EricH
When you wake up in a strange room and you try to figure out where you are and after several minutes you realize that you're home. This has happened to me.
Hits too close to home. Also, often when going to too many countries with different languages in a short period of time, I will sometimes forget WHICH language is the one for the country I'm in. Got in an uber after dinner tonight and the Uber driver asked me a question in Spanish (I'm in Mexico) and I replied in French before I realized wrong country for that.
Palal, kirkwoodj, ysolde and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: LH M+M
Just flew WAW-ZRH and when watching the IFE-show (these super nice but small overhead ones on CS3) it
dawned to me that we will pass my old hometown where I was raised decades ago (and is some 400 miles away from where I live now).

PLUS it was absolute superb weather, so I was able to do a nice shot with the phone's cam.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.