Wiki Posts
Search

Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Nuff Said
Anyone else flown these routes?

HHQ-CNX. Hua Hin to Chiang Mai, operated by Kan Air's ATR72 three times a week. It currently constitutes Hua Hin's only regular commercial passenger service.

UTP-CNX. U. Tapao - Chiang Mai, also operated by Kan Air's ATR72.
Was very close to booking CNX-UBP on Kan, but their schedule didn't quite work for me. Either the route nor the airline came up on ITA. How is the airline?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by boosh
Was very close to booking CNX-UBP on Kan, but their schedule didn't quite work for me. Either the route nor the airline came up on ITA. How is the airline?
Kan Air is a great little airline. Its ATR72 is spotless inside and the in-flight service includes free hot meals. A minimum of 15kg free baggage allowance and some real value for money promotional fares from time to time. Unfortunately it does have its problems from time to time due to no backup when its only ATR is out of traffic for whatever reason.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Nuff Said
Kan Air is a great little airline. ... Unfortunately it does have its problems from time to time due to no backup when its only ATR is out of traffic for whatever reason.
presumably this means "out of service" ... which would of course result in the CNX flight being CNX
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
presumably this means "out of service" ... which would of course result in the CNX flight being CNX
A bit off topic but may be of interest. Kan Air was been on watch by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand for a year now due to liquidity problems. It suspended its ATR flights for about two months late last year and its leased ATR72 was laid up at Chiang Mai.

Last edited by Nuff Said; Feb 24, 2017 at 3:31 am Reason: Link to Bangkok Post article no longer available.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ritesa
What about Tokyo Narita, Seoul Incheon, ...?
Both Tokyo and Seoul have multiple airports and so need to differentiate. As it happens Narita and Incheon are both names of the location of the airport predominantly used for longhaul flights to/from Tokyo and Seoul respectively.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Last year I did LEQ-ISC and back (went to Land's End and then went further, so to speak).

This year I shall do NYU-HEH which I would guess not many FTers have done.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I used to do quite a bit of private flying so have loads of unusual combinations with IATA codes I've be surprised if many people knew.

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Last year I did LEQ-ISC and back (went to Land's End and then went further, so to speak).
I've done that one!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:28 am

PEK to FNJ and back
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Both Tokyo and Seoul have multiple airports and so need to differentiate. As it happens Narita and Incheon are both names of the location of the airport predominantly used for longhaul flights to/from Tokyo and Seoul respectively.
In my opinion it makes perfect sense, at least for Parisians, to use Roissy and Orly for the respecive airports - much more so than Charles de Gaulle and Orly. The only difference to Narita and Incheon is that the airport has a different "official" name. As far as I know the French, they couldn't care less for anything official.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:22 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by happypoon
PEK to FNJ and back
Believe no less than a few FTers - including myself - have done PEK to FNJ. Did FNJ to SHE on the return, though.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by lhrsfo

This year I shall do NYU-HEH which I would guess not many FTers have done.
Did this a couple of weeks ago. I think it's pretty common among folks travelling in Myanmar.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:22 am

What about intra- Azorean or Canarian? Did the following:

PDL - TER rt
TER - SJZ
HOR - PDL
PDL - SMA rt

SPC - LPA
LPA - ACE

Also some domestic from my home airport, which are not flown anymore. GRO rt to:

PMI, IBZ and MAD.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Remembering obscure domestic routes from the 1990s...

SEA-SQV

Commercial air service lasted IIRC only one summer season. It was more convenient than the SEA-CLM route which also eventually bit the dust.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by the_gironian
LPA - ACE
I've flown that one too.

And I've flown to many destinations from your home airport. Too bad that GRO only keeps a fraction of the flights it used to have a few years back
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
My handful of rare route candidates, although they're not really that obscure:

HEL-VNO
VNO-KBP
HND-HIJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.