Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2023, 7:51 am
Formerly known as tireman77

TZA-SPR? Tropicair Cessna 182 sat in the right seat...
CZM-CUN? Cessna 441 (I think) again in the right seat
CNS-LZR (might have been a charter so I guess it doesn't count) Caravan 208
SOQ-AMQ?
Old Jul 6, 2023, 3:34 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Probably no FTers have flown BFI-YYJ, as it was very short lived. Don't even recall the airline, but it was a small single prop plane that mostly flew to / around northern Vancouver Island.

BFI-Camel Point (or by some Kamel Point) heliport in Victoria by the cruise terminal, route no longer serviced. Did that a few times (IIRC) in last millennium before Helijet dropped the route. Oh, right, this was on a Sikorsky helicopter, regularly scheduled flights.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 2:16 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
How about SCO (Aktau, formerly Sevchenko Airport in Soviet days)-GYD on Buta (coded J2, same as Azerbaijan Airlines, so I suppose this is like their United Express?). It's a one-hour flight operating less than daily, departing GYD at 23:50, return at 02:55. Fly Arystan, the low-cost affiliate of Air Astana (a very decent airline which I would like to see as an alliance candidate) also serves this route .

Here's one that apparently only existed for a year or so and I did not take regrettably: SCO-RKT (Ras Al Khaimah, UAE). SCAT announced with a lot of fanfare (at least in Ras Al Khaimah) that it was serving eight Kazakh cities from RKT, once per week each. Shockingly this didn't work; they seem to be gone, with no news about their cessation as is typical.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
SXR Srinagar, Kashmir to LEH Leh, Ladakh, in the mid 1980s. At the time, there was only one runway, and due to the proximity of the Himalays, planes landed and took off uphill. If the wind was over a certain speed, there were no arrivals or departures.

Last edited by Georgia Peach; Jul 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Old Jul 15, 2023, 8:45 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by PLeblond
CNS-LZR (might have been a charter so I guess it doesn't count) Caravan 208
I flew that in 2005, scheduled service on Macair
PLeblond likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:24 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by PLeblond
CZM-CUN? Cessna 441 (I think) again in the right seat
Flew that on Aerocozumel in the 80s during a thunderstorm.

Sat next to a policeman who took out his rosary and prayed the entire flight. Honestly just before landing I debated joining him, we were being tossed around in the air so much I doubted we could land. Thankfully it is a short flight.
SPN Lifer and PLeblond like this.

Last edited by uanj; Jul 16, 2023 at 11:50 pm
Old Aug 5, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
Originally Posted by stut
I suspect a few have done these, but they're still pretty obscure.
Penzance (PNZ) to Tresco (TSO) - PNZ is now a supermarket...
Also Penzance to Tresco and back, in 1987. I didn't know that PNZ is now a supermarket.
San Francisco to Portland, which is not that unusual, except that the plane made a scheduled stop in Oakland on the way north.
Portland to Boise, with same-airline changes of plane in Seattle and Tri-Cities, and back the same day on the same route, to get 6 qualifying segments for an Alaska promotion.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 5:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
BKK-PXR on Andaman Air, 2004.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
Originally Posted by stut
I suspect a few have done these, but they're still pretty obscure.

Exeter (EXT) to Norwich (NWI) - a very unlikely route
Qasiagiannguit (JCH) to Aasiaat (JEG) - Greenlandic seals, narwhals and whales
Penzance (PNZ) to Tresco (TSO) - PNZ is now a supermarket...
London Stansted (STN) to Reims (RHE) - Reims didn't last long as a commercial airport
Paris Roissy (CDG) to Tashkent (TAS) - the AF Dedicate service didn't last long either!
PNZ refers to Petrolina, here in Brazil.

There are a lot of new small airport routes in Brazil that Azul started operating with ATR72 and Cessna like POJ-CNF, AAX-CNF, MVF-ARX, and much others.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:11 am

One flight I've done that I haven't seen here: LPB-CCB-SRZ (Santa Cruz El Trompillo)

Flew on Transporte Aero Militar in 2013, had no clue until the morning of the flight that there were two airports in Santa Cruz at the time- this was the tiny domestic one no longer in use that only TAM flew into, had to dash into a cab to get to VVI for a connecting flight.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:08 am

I have a fun new one for y'all: a seldom-travelled route between two frequently visited and densely populated islands in Indonesia! KJT - DPS (Kertajati in West Java to Bali Denpasar).

Kertajati International Airport is the second largest in Indonesia (after Jakarta CGK), and has been open for four years, but it is also almost completely deserted. It's in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by rice paddies, halfway between Bandung and Cirebon. Not sure what the idea was behind building it, but it only had a few internal flights per week for the first few years of operation, and now is up to about four or five internal flights per day, plus (as far as I could see) one-ish international flight per week (a Malaysian Airlines plane doing KUL-KJT). There was a billboard there last month announcing that Saudia might start landing there soon too.

The only reason KJT is getting "busier" now is that Bandung's airport (Husein Sastranegara International Airport:BDO) was closed down this October, with the stated intention of forcing more air traffic destined for Bandung to use KJT (even though KJT is 100km north-east of Bandung, and there is no train connection between Bandung and KJT).
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Track
Yuzhno Sakhalinsk - Sapporo on Sakhalinski Aviatrassi
Kilimanjaro - Kigali on Air Tanzania
Baku - Tashkent on Uzbekistan Airways
Guangzhou - Guilin on CAAC
Ahmedabad - Jaipur on Indian
Trivandrum - Colombo on Indian
Arica - Iquique on LAN Chile
Larnaca - Prague on CSA
Nanning - Chongqing on China Southern
Urumqi - Xian on China Southern
Pyongyang - Vladivostok on Air Koryo
I've flown Arica to Iquique and Iquique to Arica on LanChile.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
DTW-AFW (Perot Field, Alliance-Fort Worth) on a DL A220. True, it was a diversion instead of landing at DFW, but we were allowed to disembark there if we chose, or wait for fuel and a storm to clear at DFW and continue the flight. We chose to get off because we can almost see our house from AFW.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.