Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: no
MY flights

I have done some domestic flights in Myanmar that I doubt any other flyertalkers have done:
- Yangon-Tachileik
- Tachileik-Myitkyina
- Myitkyina-Mandalay
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Last week I flew IQT (Iquitos) - TPP (Tarapoto) in Peru.

Also LIM-IQT, although I guess that this route is more popular, as Iquitos happens to be the largest city in the world that cannot be reached by road; it's accessible only by river and air.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:17 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
How about Concord to Eagle? Does it have to be commercial?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by helvetic
...Does it have to be commercial?
from the post that started this thread 6+ years ago:
... flights from A to B (on a scheduled commercial flight that is (or was) bookable by all ...)
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Mileage Plan
I only have three where there's even a remote shot, all in China:

Qingdao to Dandong (TAO-DDG)
Shangri-La to Kunming (DIG-KUN)
Xi'an to Zhangjiajie (XIY-DYG, probably more common than the first two)
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:49 pm

I flew Winnipeg (YWG) to Reykjavik (KEF) on the short-lived low-cost carrier Iceland Express (predecessor to WOW) in 2010. I didn't even realize it was inaugural flight until I checked in and they had goodie bags for the passengers commemorating the launch as we boarded.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:07 am

I have done plenty of internal flights in Africa (bookable by all) that I doubt other people have taken. Here's a top five:
  1. GGR (Garowe) to GLK (Galkayo) in Somalia in a glorious Ukrainian-piloted old Antonov. Even managed to buy these tickets online while in Hargeisa!
  2. FIH (Kinshasa) to BOA (Boma) to MNB (Muanda, but actually Banana!) in Democratic Republic of Congo. Same airline that let a passenger smuggle a crocodile onboard as hand luggage, which led to this crash: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_F...et_L-410_crash
  3. BSG (Bata) to NBN (Annobón) in Equatorial Guinea with national carrier CEIBA Intercontinental. Runway had been extended since this happened in 2008: https://aviation-safety.net/database...?id=20080416-0
  4. FIH (Kinshasa) to GOM (Goma) in Democratic Republic of Congo with Hewa Bora Airlines. About a year after this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hewa_B...ays_Flight_122
  5. LAD (Luanda) to DUE (Dundo) in Angola with national carrier TAAG, back when they used to fly there.
Despite flying with all these crap airlines, my scariest flight was an international flight: DPS (Bali) to DIL (Dili, East Timor) in . Struggling to remember who that was with.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
SNA--TVL on a L-188 Electra as a UAM visiting my aunt/uncle in Carson City NV. I was maybe 9 years old and so excited to be on a Big Boy Plane I threw up.

Return was RNO--SNA on some boring jet thing. Hughes Airwest, Top Banana? I forget.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by born sleepy
SNA--TVL on a L-188 Electra as a UAM visiting my aunt/uncle in Carson City NV. I was maybe 9 years old and so excited to be on a Big Boy Plane I threw up.
I flew that the other way on a Saturday afternoon in March 1978 on N124AC (Air California) ... early morning LAX-SMF on a Western Airlines Boeing 720B, SMF-RNO on a United 727-200, various buses to Carson City and South Lake Tahoe, walked to the airport ... don’t remember how I got from SNA back to my car at LAX ...

Last edited by jrl767; Nov 14, 2019 at 1:46 pm
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:43 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ozymandias24

Despite flying with all these crap airlines, my scariest flight was an international flight: DPS (Bali) to DIL (Dili, East Timor) in . Struggling to remember who that was with.
Merpati Nusantara?

either way, definitely have done this roundtrip.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Denpasar-Labuan Bajo, on a Merpati Fokker F27.

Fun.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by ozymandias24
I have done plenty of internal flights in Africa (bookable by all) that I doubt other people have taken. Here's a top five:
  1. GGR (Garowe) to GLK (Galkayo) in Somalia in a glorious Ukrainian-piloted old Antonov. Even managed to buy these tickets online while in Hargeisa!
  2. FIH (Kinshasa) to BOA (Boma) to MNB (Muanda, but actually Banana!) in Democratic Republic of Congo. Same airline that let a passenger smuggle a crocodile onboard as hand luggage, which led to this crash: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_F...et_L-410_crash
  3. BSG (Bata) to NBN (Annobón) in Equatorial Guinea with national carrier CEIBA Intercontinental. Runway had been extended since this happened in 2008: https://aviation-safety.net/database...?id=20080416-0
  4. FIH (Kinshasa) to GOM (Goma) in Democratic Republic of Congo with Hewa Bora Airlines. About a year after this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hewa_B...ays_Flight_122
  5. LAD (Luanda) to DUE (Dundo) in Angola with national carrier TAAG, back when they used to fly there.
Wow, now *those* are exceptional flights!

Are you working in humanitarian aid, as an engineer? Really interesting
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Merpati Nusantara?

DPS-DIL currently operated by Sriwijaya Air, Nam Air and Citilink. At least in the past Sriwijaya Air and Nam Air flights have been consolidated frequently.

I have flown return on SJ in the past.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Merpati Nusantara?

Maybe! This was in 2012 I think. Most of the plane thought we were going to crash, the turbulence was so bad, and the rate we lost altitude towards the end of the flight was terrifying. People were actually screaming at the back.

Never heard such a loud round of applause when we finally landed in Dili!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Wow, now *those* are exceptional flights!

Are you working in humanitarian aid, as an engineer? Really interesting
Nope, although I have a fair few friends who work for NGOs. I guess I have three jobs: security consultant / travel writer / international educator. More details here: https://www.thehotbreakfast.com/blog/Oscar-Scafidi/
MKE-MR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.